What's new

ACT Patreon Active [HentaiWriter] Future Fragments

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell943

Reputation score
I realize you have a lot of financial stress, what with managing the Steam release and paying your actors/staff, but how will this affect the mass refund you've promised your $10 backers? Will you be delaying that until May 2021 when sales begin generating revenue in place of Patreon funding?

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I realize you have a lot of financial stress, what with managing the Steam release and paying your actors/staff, but how will this affect the mass refund you've promised your $10 backers? Will you be delaying that until May 2021 when sales begin generating revenue in place of Patreon funding?
We actually already finished emailing everyone for it, and after everyone got back to us that wanted a refund, the total damage was only $180.
Everyone else either re-pledged to finish off the $20 or was fine just leaving it as-is and buying a copy of the game at launch, so it's fine :)

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
What caused that?
Why did they want a refund?
I mean man it's a system where you support a creator, and even it's one thing to.... hmmm, i'll leave it at that.
What happened?
I need to know first before i open my mouth

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I don't know bullshit so imma just admit it: i'm going to talk with all my ignorance what i think:

What a load of bullcrap steam is, he should just mind his own business and don't butt in in other places you want to sell your shit into.
What is this? A thing like they do to artists where they can't even use their own name nor play their own creations (music) nowhere but where they say? Like they OWN the dude?
Sounds like it to me. And it's a dishonest, shady practice.

Thanks for taking your time to link to me the post containing the information.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Well from a business move I see why they did it. I don't know why they won't allow you to do the discount codes, but I can see why they're such a stickler for exclusivity deals, even if it's discounts.

cell943

Reputation score
We actually already finished emailing everyone for it, and after everyone got back to us that wanted a refund, the total damage was only $180.
Everyone else either re-pledged to finish off the $20 or was fine just leaving it as-is and buying a copy of the game at launch, so it's fine :)

Weird. I requested an Amazon gift card refund, but have received nothing. Do you want me to resend an email?

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I don't know bullshit so imma just admit it: i'm going to talk with all my ignorance what i think:

What a load of bullcrap steam is, he should just mind his own business and don't butt in in other places you want to sell your shit into.
What is this? A thing like they do to artists where they can't even use their own name nor play their own creations (music) nowhere but where they say? Like they OWN the dude?
Sounds like it to me. And it's a dishonest, shady practice.

Thanks for taking your time to link to me the post containing the information.
Steam has all the power here; you either play by their rules, or you lose out, and that's how it is in most business transactions like that.
Also, to be clear, they only say this if you're selling with them; if you're not, of course, you wouldn't have to obey any of thier rules.

Think of it like a sponsorship; if you're sponsored by Store A and you're selling your content over at Store A for $10, would you think it's fair to go to Store B to sell your content for $5, shortchanging Store A from a lot of profits since most people will likely go to Store B instead?

For fun too;
Yes, companies can literally own you.

Weird. I requested an Amazon gift card refund, but have received nothing. Do you want me to resend an email?
I checked my email and it looks like it likely went into your spambox, because I'd sent out a lot of emails on that same day too and Gmail had flagged me for spam I'd assume. I re-sent the email and code, let me know if you got it this time; they only had amazon cards for $25 (they had them for under that, but you'd only be able to use it for movies and tv shows), so enjoy the extra $10 :p

cell943

Reputation score
I checked my email and it looks like it likely went into your spambox, because I'd sent out a lot of emails on that same day too and Gmail had flagged me for spam I'd assume. I re-sent the email and code, let me know if you got it this time; they only had amazon cards for $25 (they had them for under that, but you'd only be able to use it for movies and tv shows), so enjoy the extra $10 :p
I had checked my spam folder, but nothing was in there. I'm not sure how you knew which email is mine, since it's not linked to this account, but I just received the code. That is incredibly generous of you! You've got a heart of gold. I wish I had friends to recommend you to.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I had checked my spam folder, but nothing was in there. I'm not sure how you knew which email is mine, since it's not linked to this account, but I just received the code. That is incredibly generous of you! You've got a heart of gold. I wish I had friends to recommend you to.
Hey, just recommending us online helps; the reason I knew it was you was because out of the 6,000+ people I emailed, you were the only one who wanted an Amazon card instead of a Steam card or PayPal or Patreon refund :p

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I know.
Yes that's the name of the thing.
O how many artists have fallen to that trap....
Shit business corps...
I mean, of course it's legal, but that doesn't make it right. Immoral Men with no honor are gutter trash that have no dignty!

On the other thing, i ALMOST agreed...however, i don't. It is their own fault for not wanting to let you make discounts as you wish to. They bring it upon themselves.
It would be unfair if you did the discount only on Shop B behind Shop A's back.
So, the only one unfair here is them, because just because they don't want to let you do something on their platform, they also don't want you to do it anywhere, elsewhere.

Anyway, enough by me.
That is how this world rolls.

Best of luck on this awesome game!

Edit: Hey, if you say people are going to buy it elsewhere if you do what you say, why not let them?
Who says steam has to be your biggest selling platform? Fuck them. Lol.
Just kidding.
(Actually not. I am dead serious). (But, i suppose if you do discounts out of your ass you gonna get sued. That's how they roll.)

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, the only one unfair here is them, because just because they don't want to let you do something on their platform, they also don't want you to do it anywhere, elsewhere.
Just to be clear, Steam is fine with us selling the game for $10, but only if we do it everywhere, and it'd have to be permanent, meaning we would have to make that the sale price even for people who didn't get this "early bird" discount as it were, which would put a pretty significant dent in sales enough that we'd likely not be able to afford both paying off our debts incured for the game ($50,000 at this point) as well as having good money to start up Faye's game and so on.

Best of luck on this awesome game!
Thanks a lot :)

Who says steam has to be your biggest selling platform? Fuck them. Lol.
Statistics do :p The sales on Steam alone will be probably 10x that of every other platform we're selling on (over 10 other ones) combined, due to how big of a marketshare and exposure it has.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yes i understood that. I meant discounts.
And i understood that too, i was only quoting what you said "if we applied a discount on other site why would people buy it on steam/would rather buy it where the discount is".

Oh you are making a game of Faye too? Awesome, she also is very good looking.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yes i understood that. I meant discounts.
And i understood that too, i was only quoting what you said "if we applied a discount on other site why would people buy it on steam/would rather buy it where the discount is".

Oh you are making a game of Faye too? Awesome, she also is very good looking.
Yeah, you can find out more about Faye's game here;

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Best of luck.
I'm sure we'll end up enjoying a quality product. Thank you very much for your dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.