What's new

ACT Patreon Active [HentaiWriter] Future Fragments

Status
Not open for further replies.

khymerion

Reputation score
Forgive me for asking but things on both the Tumblr page for the project and here have been exceedingly quiet in terms of public updates of information. Lack of money prevents being able to follow on Patreon so I was wondering what the current status is?

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Forgive me for asking but things on both the Tumblr page for the project and here have been exceedingly quiet in terms of public updates of information. Lack of money prevents being able to follow on Patreon so I was wondering what the current status is?
The f95 thread is pretty active, and HentaiWriter is also active there aswell

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Streaming right now at :)
(The game isn't dead btw, as @kiko said, I've been updating often on F95 and such!)

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just dropping by to share some 3D fanart of Future Fragments from Witchanon in Pixiv 1546198587470.png
I personally like the 3D models the artist makes.
to check more of it~

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Just dropping by to share some 3D fanart of Future Fragments from Witchanon in PixivView attachment 18783
I personally like the 3D models the artist makes.
to check more of it~
Holy fuck dude. Now we wait for a 3D future fragments game

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If any of you have been wondering where we've been at, we're still really active over at F95 - https://f95zone.to/threads/future-fragments-v0-42-hentaiwriter.1550/

I'll try to keep updating this topic more from here on out, though!

Progress-wise, we're still putting out monthly demos, and we're just about finished with the FINAL LEVEL of the game, "The End".
Speaking of that level, here's two WIP gifs from it (both heavily compressed);

Here's what we've got left to add before the game's complete -
And here's our plan/timeline through the end of development by May 2020 -

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, we have a Public Discord channel up for Future Fragments (18+ only of course!)

Finally, we're still active on Twitter too, over at

It's been a long, long road but we're finally within reach of the finish line; the final game should be a good 60+ hours of content at this point with all the different endings (40+ of them), hundreds of cutscenes, 20+ hours of voicework, 50+ powerups, 120+ sex scenes, and lots of extras like speedrun mode, boss rush mode, the level editor (likely) being built in so you can trade maps with other players and make your own, the new arousal system, and so on.

Last edited:
OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Last boss fight is gay and too hard even on easy.
Thanks for the review!
For the boss, we're going to be removing the "instakill" pillar mechanic (the pillars will still be a part of it, they just won't insta-kill you anymore).

The upcoming powerups too should mitigate a lot of the difficulty of the boss too, for players who learn to mix and match them to make a set that best helps them with whatever they're having difficulty with on the boss for The End.

buggernuts

Reputation score
Thanks for the review!
For the boss, we're going to be removing the "instakill" pillar mechanic (the pillars will still be a part of it, they just won't insta-kill you anymore).

The upcoming powerups too should mitigate a lot of the difficulty of the boss too, for players who learn to mix and match them to make a set that best helps them with whatever they're having difficulty with on the boss for The End.
I struggled to get to the pillar part, even with damage reduction power ups. Dude just leaps about erratically and is difficult to dodge or often even power up and hit with the charge attack, especially the slow short ranged ice one.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I struggled to get to the pillar part, even with damage reduction power ups. Dude just leaps about erratically and is difficult to dodge or often even power up and hit with the charge attack, especially the slow short ranged ice one.
As this is the final boss for the normal game, we wanted to make him challenging; however, what seems like randomness does have patterns and ways to exploit the boss.

This video should help :)

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Will there be any way to increase grapple difficulty? Find it pretty inconsequential as a game mechanic, which is fine for an H-game, but would really appreciate a way to make grabs impactful.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Will there be any way to increase grapple difficulty? Find it pretty inconsequential as a game mechanic, which is fine for an H-game, but would really appreciate a way to make grabs impactful.
The lower your life is in current builds, the harder the grapple becomes to escape.

However, in the full game/later builds, the arousal system will rework how grappling happens, so the difficulty of the grapple stuff will be a bit different than what you might be used to, for better or for worse depending on the person's personal tastes.

Caernarvon

Reputation score
The lower your life is in current builds, the harder the grapple becomes to escape.

However, in the full game/later builds, the arousal system will rework how grappling happens, so the difficulty of the grapple stuff will be a bit different than what you might be used to, for better or for worse depending on the person's personal tastes.
I see. Even when low on HP in current builds it still seems kinda trivial. I'm hyped, then, for the arousal system though maybe include a powerup or something to make the grabs more difficult or put it in the hard mode? Not sure how easy this is to implement so that in itself could be asking alot, though I think it would be nice to incorporate the H content more seamless with the gameplay rather than something there's no real threat to if you get me.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I see. Even when low on HP in current builds it still seems kinda trivial. I'm hyped, then, for the arousal system though maybe include a powerup or something to make the grabs more difficult or put it in the hard mode? Not sure how easy this is to implement so that in itself could be asking alot, though I think it would be nice to incorporate the H content more seamless with the gameplay rather than something there's no real threat to if you get me.
The arousal system will make grabs harder to get out of as time goes on, yep, and if you hit max ticks on it, you instantly get "KO'd" regardless of your remaining "health points" (although you're not actually getting knocked out, but you know what I mean).

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
We just released aka v0.27P, which is an updated version of the Public Electric Demo!

It has a lot of the quality of life features from later demos and a lot of extra lore stuff in there that hasn't been present in any demo prior (with the collections menu), plus we updated the jukebox too on Gamejolt with just a few tracks from the game out of the 100+ ones already completed :D

Here's what we've added/changed;
  • Collections Menu added with lots of lore entries / re-readable Databanks
  • Small improvements for controls and general engine stuff
  • Zoom now available for sex scenes (press Up)
  • After most choices and some actions, "personality value" changes will pop up; these affect endings and other cutscenes in the full game.
  • Talia no longer reacts to Databanks, both because we felt it was hand-holding the player through the plot (in an insulting way) and her fixed responses could go against the player's "Values" choices
  • Some maps had their layouts altered
  • Almost every cutscene can now be initiated by the player themselves, instead of them automatically happening
  • Damage and healing numbers now appear on Talia and enemies
  • Health bars now appear on enemies
  • Talia's portrait on the GUI was changed along with a lot of small GUI changes
Also, for those who haven't been keeping up with the game, we're scheduled for release around Fall 2020 (August-October is what we're shooting for)!

Last edited:

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
Also, for those who haven't been keeping up with the game, we're scheduled for release around Fall 2020 (August-October is what we're shooting for)!
That's me, so thanks for the update! :D
I downloaded a demo once, determined it's a game I'd be excited for, and am now just casually lurking this thread every now and then, waiting for the release. Decided I don't want to spoil myself too much before it's out. Keep it up!

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
That's me, so thanks for the update! :D
I downloaded a demo once, determined it's a game I'd be excited for, and am now just casually lurking this thread every now and then, waiting for the release. Decided I don't want to spoil myself too much before it's out. Keep it up!
I can say that if you play the Electric Level demo (the one I linked above) it'll not really spoil you on much, there's tons of stuff that's not in the demos collectively either that'll only be in the full game :D glad you enjoyed it though!

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
.....there's tons of stuff that's not in the demos collectively either....
That explains why a supposedly updated demo i got my hands on didn't have tons of stuff i've seen on videos.....mmm. Lol

edit: just to get this right, you handle your demos like the vivi magical girl guy? (from alps and dangerous forest next game) in the sense that one demo has one level and an updated demo has another level but not the previous one and so on?

Last edited:

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
Hey, I was just wondering how this game was coming along. Good to hear things have been progressing and there's a release window planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.