Not open for further replies.
OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#23 November 23rd progress report.png

---------------------------

Weekly Progress Report #23 for Future Fragments: all links are for 18+ of age and older only.

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#24 November 30th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #24 for Future Fragments: all links are for 18+ of age and older only.

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#25 December 8th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #25 for Future Fragments: all links are for 18+ of age and older only.

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
We're sorry to say, but we're going to have to push the release of Future Fragments to March 2022, because we'd rather release a complete game than pull a Cyberpunk.

More information's available at the link up above, but the tl;dr is:
  • We're aiming for a March 2022 release: we'll have a specific day to announce once we've gotten closer to March
  • We are estimated around 95% done with the game as a whole; you can play from the start to end, minus the True Final Boss
  • The main things left to be completed are the True Final Boss, Gold Databank screens, the remaining H-scenes, about half of the game's dialogue, all remaining voicework, and bugtesting
  • The voice actors need time to record due to the holidays; this is entirely on me as the writer though, not on them, as they didn't get the script early enough to finish before the holidays
  • The game will still cost $20 USD at release (and it will have regional pricing, so most other countries will get it for cheaper)
As always, if anyone wants refunds and you backed on Patreon, feel free to ask.

We'll continue to post progress reports here weekly, of course.

zane19

Demon Girl
Reputation score
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"-Shiguru Miyamoto

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Sucks to hear about the delay but I'm still looking forward to the release when we get there. Thanks for keeping us updated on what's happening.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"-Shiguru Miyamoto
True, but a game still has to come out!

Sucks to hear about the delay but I'm still looking forward to the release when we get there. Thanks for keeping us updated on what's happening.
Yeah, same here, we're gonna keep going with updates.

Yeah but like, how many delays have we been through now and what happened to the "if we don't release it this year it'll be free"?
Too many delays, but at the same time, we don't want to release it unfinished just to make a quick buck off of players.

As far as it being free, that and more is addressed in the link I posted.

Meoja

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Don't let people get to you keep up the good work and try not to stress too much over deadlines if you're not already doing so 4 day work weeks might help relieve some stress after future fragments is done burning yourself out isn't going to help anyone.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Don't let people get to you keep up the good work and try not to stress too much over deadlines if you're not already doing so 4 day work weeks might help relieve some stress after future fragments is done burning yourself out isn't going to help anyone.
No worries, we're still getting 8 hours of sleep a day, but we're definitely able to handle 7 day work weeks as long as we get enough sleep.

Ironic, since the repeated delays is what Cyberpunk did before.
True, but then the producers / investors forced them to release when they weren't done, and so all those delays were pointless as a result as the game came out terrible. That's what we want to avoid, at all costs.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Cyberpunk 2077 like FF XIII vs / FF XV did a lot of rebuilding, remaking, remodeling, etc which didn't help.

and HentaiWriter, weren't you planning on releasing this last year?

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
and HentaiWriter, weren't you planning on releasing this last year?
Yep: unfortunately stuff just took far longer than we expected, especially when it came to bug fixes and the True Final Boss, but I think it'll be worth the wait in the end.
Can't extend it much longer though because I'm gonna max out my credit cards soon here.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#26 December 17th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #26 for Future Fragments: all links are for 18+ of age and older only.

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#27 December 24th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #27 for Future Fragments: all links are for 18+ of age and older only.

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#28 December 31st progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #28 for Future Fragments: all links are for 18+ of age and older only.

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It's really weird too because gamejolt had by far one of the most robust rating systems for adult content in online gaming, so why are they suddenly saying they don't have a good moderation system?

But yeah, if you want the demo from now on, it'll be at instead of gamejolt.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Was Game Jolt even really a big site? I'd be more worried if Itchio or Steam went back on it. I swear we really are going to end up going the route of demolition man where sex itself is illegal.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Was Game Jolt even really a big site? I'd be more worried if Itchio or Steam went back on it. I swear we really are going to end up going the route of demolition man where sex itself is illegal.
ItchStats.png

This is our Itch.io stats after being part of 15+ big bundles that got tens to hundreds of thousands of views and attention on lots of sites.

GameJoltStats.png

This is our GameJolt stats after zero promotions or bundles.

So GameJolt was very, very big for us in terms of getting people to check out the game.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Wow sorry to hear that. It's really crazy they would turn back like that. I tried searching reddit threads and barely came up with anything, so I was assuming they weren't a big market.

Status
Not open for further replies.