OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Hooker sues Cappy

That statement is invalid. Nowhere in any other post preceding his stated AI's gender. Granted, AI herself did use the word "her" in her own post, but if his banter between him and Obe and I are of any indication, he obviously just doesn't read too deeply into other people's posts. And no. That isn't being clueless. That's being lazy.
Objection! We are not here to discuss the cause of the defendants cluelessness unless it is relevant to the case. We are here to determine whether the defendant is criminally clueless or not.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You presented the evidence showing that he was criminally clueless because he thought AI was a male. I presented evidence that showed that his thought wasn't clueless, but simply because he was too lazy to read. In other words, you're right. This case isn't about showing the cause of his cluelessness. Too bad what I'M doing is showing that your evidence is wrong because it only shows that Cappy doesn't read one post among many with a fine-toothed comb.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

You presented the evidence showing that he was criminally clueless because he thought AI was a male. I presented evidence that showed that his thought wasn't clueless, but simply because he was too lazy to read. In other words, you're right. This case isn't about showing the cause of his cluelessness. Too bad what I'M doing is showing that your evidence is wrong because it only shows that Cappy doesn't read one post among many with a fine-toothed comb.
The laziness is relevant only as a CAUSE of the said cluelessness. Whether he thought AI to be male because he is stupid or because he didn't read the thread throughoutly enough is irrelevant; since the gender was obvious to anyone paying attention to the thread in question, not knowing it is indeed a proof of his cluelessness, whether he didn't know it because of laziness or for some other reason.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The laziness is relevant only as a CAUSE of the said cluelessness. Whether he thought AI to be male because he is stupid or because he didn't read the thread throughoutly enough is irrelevant; since the gender was obvious to anyone paying attention to the thread in question, not knowing it is indeed a proof of his cluelessness, whether he didn't know it because of laziness or for some other reason.
Well first we gotta clear up one thing. Stop quoting me. It takes up space. I hate wasting space. ):<

Now what you're saying is that simply because a person is lazy and doesn't completely read a post, he's criminally clueless. I'd like to remind you that this is most likely Cappy's first interaction with AI. Ever. Whereas we all know she's a female, he isn't used to the idea yet. It's perfectly reasonable that he skim over the word she and still assume AI was a male. But according to you, he's ignorant for a simple mistake. If that's the case, then perhaps you should go on trial next for being so ignorant as to friend me.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No-one is saying that making a single mistake of such proportions is criminal. I was merely presenting circumstantial evidence.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I am terribly sorry, but I don't have the time to stand as a wintess right now. Expect it to clear out after I've rapelled down Oslos tallest building

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Does the prosecution have any evidence aside from the mistaken gender post with which to continue this case? Are there any witnesses to be called forth to the stand by either party?

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No, your honour.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Nunu, do you have anything further to present to this court?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

So far this has been an argument about the definition of the word clueless. I hold that Cappy is clueless due to his not knowing of our particular rule set. darkfire holds that this is merely confusion, however confusion would be misunderstanding our rules instead as opposed to his unknowingness.

I think that this is best signified by rule 11 of our general rules. Further more this is personified by his admiration of don Quixote, a man who is known for his cluelessness of mind. Thirdly the last time i played cluedo Cappy was dealt no cards and hence did not have a clue.

I have further evidence to submit however doing so would be against privacy policies.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Defendant, do you have a rebuttal for the prosecution's statement?

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The defense requests that the prosecution explain what cluedo is.

Next, the fact that my client admires the character Don Quixote has no bearing on this case. One could admire Jim Jones for his ability to manipulate people into a mass suicide, but it doesn't mean they would follow in their example.

Furthermore, seeing as how it is now an official rule that there are unwritten rules, the defense acknowledges that the prosecution is correct in regards that Cappy was unaware of these rules. However, we will continue to hold that my client was confused about how to respond to others in the face of pseudo-attacks on his character.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

your honorableness, the defence is so clueless they don't even know what cluedo is or how to use google.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I just said that so I had something else to argue with. Also, food for thought; Cluedo over there is just Clue over here.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

does cappy own a coppy?

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I... What?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

if cappy does not own a copy of clue he is clueless.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I... can't really argue against that.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The game is entitled Clue only in North America. The Judge rules that ownership or lack of, of the game clue is not to be involved in this case as it is discriminatory towards the accused's place of living.

If the case were for determining whether Cappy was Cluedoless this evidence would be accepted. As Cappy does not live in North America I am not allowing the ownership of a particular game as evidence.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Well... anyway, so far the defences only argument has been the purely subjective standpoint that he was confused instead of clueless.

However if he were confused he would have unknowingly misinterpreted our rules instead of questioning their existance!