What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onurcanbela

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Hey guys, I recently got a new PC, I had been able to run the game on my previous PC for 3 years, however when I got this PC and first tried to run the previous version of HoTB I got an error, which I will be including in screenshots down below, I thought the error was due to the complications in the previous update however after downloading the new one I still keep getting the same error. The weird thing is the error only comes up just before sex scenes as the enemy inserts their phallus inside Aya. And I've recently discovered that I also get the error before the fight against Cobolio in their hideout and the against the new purple guy. What might be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

univ725

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The weird thing is the error only comes up just before sex scenes
No idea. i've seen a lot of errors before in HotB but not this one yet. Seems like your pc decided to make your game with parential control or something. :)

the new scenes ive found:

-purple guy in alley.
-boars in the orc level after that. that's the last "landing spot" in the screen where you select......a landing spot! (well doh)

Not sure if ive missed any scenes

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Anyone wanna do a guideline for start to finish with secrets? probably not but it doesn't hurt to be....ask.

also whats new after lizards just to make sure.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Anyone wanna do a guideline for start to finish with secrets? probably not but it doesn't hurt to be....ask.

also whats new after lizards just to make sure.
From what i've played, you can go to the slums to fight the purple guy. He's a single boss type who has his own h-animations.

You can also fight the boar like things in the same zone as the orcs with axes show up. Sometimes the orcs will show up instead though. Since i haven't beat that encounter yet I usually just reload the save when the orcs appear.

redx

Reputation score

From what i've played, you can go to the slums to fight the purple guy. He's a single boss type who has his own h-animations.

You can also fight the boar like things in the same zone as the orcs with axes show up. Sometimes the orcs will show up instead though. Since i haven't beat that encounter yet I usually just reload the save when the orcs appear.
alright i guess i'll check it out.

1.1gb Axfc this is going to be fun.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey guys, I recently got a new PC, I had been able to run the game on my previous PC for 3 years, however when I got this PC and first tried to run the previous version of HoTB I got an error, which I will be including in screenshots down below, I thought the error was due to the complications in the previous update however after downloading the new one I still keep getting the same error. The weird thing is the error only comes up just before sex scenes as the enemy inserts their phallus inside Aya. And I've recently discovered that I also get the error before the fight against Cobolio in their hideout and the against the new purple guy. What might be the problem? Thanks in advance.
Is that windows 8 I see?

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If that's a new PC and you have Windows 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 8.1 has been notorious for hating this game so it wouldn't surprise me if that's your problem.

jbloggsey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Before you start HoTB go to the volume icon in your tray > right click > playback devices then find whatever it is that plays sounds, usually your speakers or headset, disable it by right clicking > disable device.

Then start HoTB, wait for it to say "no audio device detected sounds might not play" or something similar, then feel free to re-enable your sound device.

Sounds odd, but it is a bug with windows 8/8.1

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

PUP means Potentially Unwanted Program, not necessarily malware. I've used Jdownloader for years without issue.

You want Jdownloader 2 though, not the first Jdownloader. Been a while, but I think both versions are still up. (the first one is obsolete and doesn't work with some filehosts)
The official download version of Jdownloader 2 DOES install a virus, this is unavoidable unless you have a good internet security software that blocks it before it can install the virus (which was the case for me).

However, there is a virus free link provided by a staff member on the official Jdownloader 2 forums, he gave strict instructions not to share the link, so I cannot post it here but if you look for it on the jdownloader 2 forums you can find it.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

hmmmm i thought the game was english.....

Haxor101

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Pretty sure the crashes were because of an incompatibility with Windows 8.1 audio processing, a dmsynth.dll file that got upgraded from Windows 7 version (which the game was supposed to run with) to Windows 8.1. It was an easy fix to be honest :p (Just had to go find the old .dll file and switch em out) It looks like the game shouldn't crash on you if you are using Windows 10 since it looks like they put in a new dmsynth.dll file that is compatible with the game
^ If upgrading to windows 10 doesn't fix the crashes then I don't know what is causing the problem for you guys

flowoftime

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hmmmm i thought the game was english.....
Wessex does the English translation. Just give a couple days for him to finish the translation for the latest update. You can download the game's English translation by clicking Wessex's signature.

textbook703

Reputation score

So to clarify, the new h-content in this update is:

• Reverse cowgirl with purple guy
  • Get fingered by purple guy
  • Gameover scene with purple guy fucking heroine on dumpster

Am I correct? Because if so, that's pretty weak from the h-perspective.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I dug into the sprites, and yes, that appears to be all there is. Didn't even play it as the new content didn't really interest me. Waiting for more non-humanoids myself.

Also, looking at the dates on the files, he has had most of it done since October.

Perverted Adventurer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yup. Open a new window and type in mega:/// before that code. Presto. Already downloaded, scanned, played and enjoyed. :)

Matter of fact...I'll share my relatively extensive save folder. The save that should be directly before the new content is #37 I think....just look for one that is in 2016. Should be able to load it right up onto Lailaps, go to Central City and then you should get the cut scene. Then you'll be free to go to the Slums and then fight the new guy.

View attachment 21266
That is most generous of you Vinceras.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I dug into the sprites, and yes, that appears to be all there is. Didn't even play it as the new content didn't really interest me. Waiting for more non-humanoids myself.

Also, looking at the dates on the files, he has had most of it done since October.
No, he also has an oral rape in-game h Animation. He does it randomly with the fingering but you have to still be alive.

Perverted Adventurer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found it to be pretty good actually. Not only for the new scenes, the fight is a challenge, the opponent is strong, there are plot events either way it goes and we get the introduction of a few new characters (and another duck!). One of which will I think be rather important, the creator has posted on her before, and it shows the plot can move onwards. :eek:

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wonder what he'll bust out in the fall. :p

Let's face it, likely to be the better part of a year before the next update.. would be glad to be wrong though. As for the new content, I enjoyed it, had more substance that the one that came before.

Am really interested to see an update where the "Purification" function becomes relevant!

textbook703

Reputation score

No, he also has an oral rape in-game h Animation. He does it randomly with the fingering but you have to still be alive.
Excellent find. This more than makes up for the rest of the update being pretty lame (reverse cowgirl sucks). That irrumatio animation is tits (great).

Status
Not open for further replies.