Status
Not open for further replies.

MickanNick

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

I tried the mega files.

I go to the slums and I get a scene.
Then when I try to go anywhere else, I get an error pop-up with the abort option. Which, if I click ignore, the error goes on forever...

Anyone got the 'full' game? Maybe using that would prevent this issue I'm having...

EDIT: just tried it with sgtbilco's save it is still crashing. So it's not a problem with the save file - must be something wrong with my files...
have the same crash problem...
any idea yet what might causing it?

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Did some dialog change on the beginning of the game?

Sorry that I couldn't come online sooner, but rl is really a bitch.
It truly is, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I'm not sure what a belly swing is but the inserting animation is actually used in game.
He meant swelling like inflating.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What order did you apply the patches?

Full Game > Wessex Translation > Latest Files?
I didn't try the full 1.06gb from sgt yet. But I don't even have any translations and it was crashing. I will probably have time to try it this weekend.

MickanNick

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What order did you apply the patches?

Full Game > Wessex Translation > Latest Files?
i actually downloaded the full game, no patches applied. But i used my old safefile from the previous version

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

okay. i go to play the new game but as soon as i come out of the first bar in the opening scene to fight the coolio gangsters it immediatley crashes. anyone else have the same problem?

Iyanden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I didn't try the full 1.06gb from sgt yet. But I don't even have any translations and it was crashing. I will probably have time to try it this weekend.
Your game folder should be over a gig in size, the latest download file from the creator is just an extra content patch and won't work by itself. In my case I placed the latest patch on the 20160103 full download version.

i actually downloaded the full game, no patches applied. But i used my old safefile from the previous version
I'm using old saves as well as haven't run into an issue so far. I used the patches in the order I mentioned. Or to be more precise, I made a copy of the previous folder (20160103) which had the translation patch applied and then added the latest patch.

So far I haven't run into any issues - I am on windows 7 mind.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Btw, did anyone notice that there are unused flyhunter G/O animations? They're named FlyHunter03.gmspr and FlyHunter05.gmspr
These G/Os have the flyhunters inserting the maggot and a belly swelling.
If they're what I'm thinking of you need to turn rescue mode off to enable that bad end.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm crashing too right before the first fight.

Edit: Nm, I used the fix that neon007 mentioned a few posts back and everything is fine.

Last edited:

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm crashing too right before the first fight.

Edit: Nm, I used the fix that neon007 mentioned a few posts back and everything is fine.
specifically what post? ive gone back all the way to page 195....and i still dont see a fix.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

specifically what post? ive gone back all the way to page 195....and i still dont see a fix.
You need to disable all of your playback devices by right clicking the volume control icon at the bottom right.

Run the game, get a message about not being able to play sound, then turn the devices back on.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In other words, it's Windows 8 that's causing your problem, not the game itself.

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Are there any...patch notes out there? Or any way of telling which events got created since the patch that added those guys that use worms (04 2015)?

Not asking others to do the job of searching through this topic's pages for me, just curious if there's any simpler way before I do it (as developers almost always write patch notes). °>_>

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Before anyone else send even more pm to me if there is a patch for the latest version...

I am working on it. Most of the in-battle taunts and moans are finished. Only the story whats need to catch up to. >_>

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, Wessex, you're the best. Just so you know, for every nuisance who pesters you about hurrying up with the translation, there are 5 of us who patiently wait, thank you for your time, and try not to bother you since you are doing this all out of the goodness of your hentai heart. :D The only thing that makes this game even better is reading it in English.

... And futa. Having a futa enemy to fight would make it better too.

dragonlord217

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, Wessex, you're the best. Just so you know, for every nuisance who pesters you about hurrying up with the translation, there are 5 of us who patiently wait, thank you for your time, and try not to bother you since you are doing this all out of the goodness of your hentai heart. :D The only thing that makes this game even better is reading it in English.
Secoonded. The only thing we can give you is time, so have as much of it as you want.

PaladinZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Take your time Wessex, we non technical, non readers of Japanese appreciate what you are doing!

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

skeith said:
Are there any...patch notes out there? Or any way of telling which events got created since the patch that added those guys that use worms (04 2015)?

Not asking others to do the job of searching through this topic's pages for me, just curious if there's any simpler way before I do it (as developers almost always write patch notes). °>_>
You can look through the game files and compare with old versions. I always look through the enemy folder in sprites to see if any new enemies are added.

Status
Not open for further replies.