What's new

RPG Localization Mod Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story English Mod (RJ131569)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ131569] Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story

Wait, I'm just curious and I haven't read all of the thread yet, but if you pledge for Hunter's Quest on the Patreon, do you get the full game or just the translation?

And is this, in either case, being done with the knowledge and consent of the original game developer? I thought this whole time HQ was a game that was being developed on the side, I didn't know it was a translation of an existing game, etc.
Nobody is "Pledging for Hunter's Quest." If you pledge towards YT Gaming development, then I will continue to build my own games and to translate existing games. Fan translations that are disseminated without the original files are a legal grey area, they've never been challenged in court. Generally, they are seen as "okay," but it ultimately falls to the developer. If he contacted me and asked me to take it down, I would.

On that note, the file being distributed is merely the translation files. They will do you no good without the original game. I stress on Patreon and in the game itself, that you should support the original developer. I also know of at least 20 people who bought a legal copy of the game, and am sure it is higher. Therefore, I see it as a win-win, but again, that is up to the developer. He is free to do what he wants with my translation, and I will submit to his requests if I receive them.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify this further, as it might be misleading since I've said multiple times in the Aylia's Story thread that the April pledged update applied the Hunter's Quest. The important distinction is that EVERYTHING YT Gaming creates is going to be released for free to the community. At no point, does anyone ever have to pledge or pay anything to receive these games/translations. Therefore, nobody will ever be paying directly to receive the HQ translation. Pledges are donations towards development. I tie pledges to releases, in that when a pledged update occurs, it means I plan to release something. That does not mean anyone has to PAY for that product though.

Think of it like the music Patreons out there. You can pay towards a musician, and they will freely release their renditions of songs on Patreon. They are not licensing those songs, nor considered to be selling them. Youtube artists are the same, when they sing an unlicensed song, they are able to post it freely on Youtube. The problem comes up if they post the original, or copyrighted work. When I release a translation, it only contains my original content, you are responsible to obtain the game. Granted, in the beta release, I did not fully remove some of the sound/animations, but I will in the full release. Still, I will always respect the original creator's desires.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Perhaps I should use Habisain's tool in the future. The only issue, is I did far more than a simple translation. In modifying and adding to almost every event, I'm not sure his tool would work for me. It would make it way easier to patch and eliminate the crash issue that broke everything... oh, trade offs...
Agreed. RPGMaker Trans is only really appropriate for simple translations, whereas what you've done is a translation plus a fairly large chunk of modding. Even when I add the feature which allows adding of event commands etc. a project like this would be way out of scope for RPGMaker Trans.

I'm not aware of any tools that would be appropriate really - there's a few games that do use non-standard tooling (Maidensnow, VPM, anything by OneOne1), but none of that would be of any help here. I think you probably are stuck with the RPGMaker editor as the best choice, so I doubt there's anything you could have done on the tooling side to avoid these problems short of writing your own tools.

It doesn't matter at any rate. This is GameDev. Bugs happen.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, look at that. Hunter's Quest is ranked 22nd in sales in the "games" category. It is the only game not released in 2016 in the top 30 and pretty much the only one from 2014 to be anywhere at all in the rankings. That is pretty fucking awesome!

Serious kudos to everyone who actually bought the game and supported the developer! I wonder if he is like, "What the hell? Why is the game suddenly selling a couple hundred copies?" :D

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well personally i just want a finished and not buggy translation. they extra content is nice but for that i can wait even longer. for now i only want the normal game's translation.
Well, that can never happen, because nearly every aspect of the game has my additions. I doubt people will even realize half as much as was added, since most of it is seamlessly integrated into the story. Every portion of the story has been rewritten to sound better in English, and to make sense. The prologue for example, I believe the the original was around 25 screens of text, the translation is over 40.

Every NPC in the game has additions to react dynamically to Aina, so that when you talk to them multiple times, they respond differently in a way that makes sense. There are at least 8-10 mini events scattered throughout the game where NPCs try to get Aina to show them her tits.

All of this was not in the original. I've tried to really flesh out the world and NPCs in a fun, dynamic way. Personally, I cannot even imagine wanting to play the original game without the improvements. I know everyone has their opinion, but I can almost guarantee that if you were able to compare side-by-side, you rather play the improved version. It has the original story and a load of improvements.

psy4back

Reputation score
Re: [RJ131569]Hunter Quest ~Aina's Fighting Story RPG~(own bought)

Hello
I have a problem with the hunter quest game when i found the arm and after that a girl save us the game show a error audio/se/(something in japanese)
i don't how to solve this can you help me ?
Thanks you and Have a nice day
(sorry for my english)
(i try without english translation and it work)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ131569]Hunter Quest ~Aina's Fighting Story RPG~(own bought)

Hello
I have a problem with the hunter quest game when i found the arm and after that a girl save us the game show a error audio/se/(something in japanese)
i don't how to solve this can you help me ?
Thanks you and Have a nice day
(sorry for my english)
(i try without english translation and it work)
That's because you are playing an incomplete, buggy translation. And since you don't know that, I'm assuming the bug-ridden, 50% completed translation is being shared around--which I find silly. Someone downloaded it from my Patreon and thought, "Damn, this translation is unfinished and doesn't work, I better share it!" Uh... okay. A finished translation is one thing, but...

Check the link above for the correct thread to post this in. I'm aware of the bugs, and I'm fixing them. My advice, don't play the translation until it is finished.

EDIT: Got your message on Patreon, maybe it wasn't shared. Just to note, it is a free translation, so I don't necessarily care that it is shared, I'd just rather the complete version be shared, not a buggy, unfinished version.

Last edited:

epikmemes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Was the other post deleted?
Looking forward to the release!

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Most likely, this thread has been pretty lively, as the last post before yours is be June 5th.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, I had Darkfire clear the thread before release. I figured it would be better to have all the pre-release hype, bickering, etc. cleared so people could discuss the actual game without wading through 11 pages of irrelevant discussion.

The translation is in testing, v1.0.1 should be released once I've gone through all the emails reporting minor issues. I've had no reports of game ending bugs this time around.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes, I had Darkfire clear the thread before release. I figured it would be better to have all the pre-release hype, bickering, etc. cleared so people could discuss the actual game without wading through 11 pages of irrelevant discussion.

The translation is in testing, v1.0.1 should be released once I've gone through all the emails reporting minor issues. I've had no reports of game ending bugs this time around.
v1.0.1 was released to patreons? D: Did I miss the email notification? I knew you said you were going to finish it sometime this week but...

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Still aiming for Thursday?

kaalveiten

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh I had no idea you were adding events and such. I played through the game a few times when it came out so I'll be interested to see what you've added.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Still aiming for Thursday?
Yes, I've been busting my ass digging through events and fixing all the little stuff. Patreon's messaging system is downright terrible, and delayed things immensely. But, I think I've gotten all the reports. It took me 2 hours yesterday to rearrange and fix the damn clusterfuck that was the guild receptionist so that it showed the correct set of contracts... it's things like that that are so damn hard to account for when trying to come up with a release date.

Anyways, yes, I'm trying my damnedest to get it released this evening. If it's not, believe me, it's not because I'm not working hard to do so.

deem

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Chill man and take your time, and without any ill intention or anything, but nevermind the dates for when things could be finished, or mention them when you are done so you avoid the nuisanse of people or post it in a patreon only post so only the people there can bitch about it, and it will make you seem like a really productive person (wether or not you are one, that is me speaking from experience XD).
PS: thanks in advance for the translation and the link

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yes, I've been busting my ass digging through events and fixing all the little stuff. Patreon's messaging system is downright terrible, and delayed things immensely. But, I think I've gotten all the reports. It took me 2 hours yesterday to rearrange and fix the damn clusterfuck that was the guild receptionist so that it showed the correct set of contracts... it's things like that that are so damn hard to account for when trying to come up with a release date.

Anyways, yes, I'm trying my damnedest to get it released this evening. If it's not, believe me, it's not because I'm not working hard to do so.
No worries! Tone is hard to convey in text sometimes; I only meant it as a question.

Looking forward to it whenever it's completed.

nobunaga1910

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the bump. So..... nothing yet yummy?

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sorry for the bump. So..... nothing yet yummy?
Check his patreon, he has updated there. Ran into a chunk of untranslated text he didn't know about so has been busting his ass on getting it sorted. Shouldn't be much longer all being well...

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Check his patreon, he has updated there. Ran into a chunk of untranslated text he didn't know about so has been busting his ass on getting it sorted. Shouldn't be much longer all being well...
Yea, sorry for my silence. I kind of just stepped away from message boards, forums, Patreon, and all that to just work on the game. I got the bugs fixed Friday night and was preparing it for release when I stopped and thought, "After all the fucking work I've put on this, am I really go to just push it out with a fairly half-assed last 1/4 of the game?" So, I backed away from message boards and people, and worked about 10 hours yesterday, and am about to start working right now. I went through and added NPC reactions to the eclipse, fixed consistency errors and added little intros to the gallery room scenes to fit with the old man's perspective.

I editing and improving the h-scenes right now. I'm sure people will think, "What the fuck, just release the fucking thing." And I can see that. But, I knew I had a good amount of time to work this weekend, and I wanted to take that extra one or two days to bring the entire game up to my high standards. I hope this translation shows people the kind of writing and scene building they can expect in Aylia's Story, as I've really put a lot of effort into this. I pretty sure people would be downright shocked if they took the time to compare the original to the translated version.

Anyways, I hope you guys are not too mad at me. It did mean I missed another release date (par the fucking course at this point), but the end product is much better. I'll finish up what I'm doing today, and depending on when I finish, I made put in a very quick graphical addition of her tits getting grabbed (should only take an hour), but if I don't finish the editing until late, that addition will be scrapped. Once I release it, I'm moving away from Hunter's Quest for a few weeks, so v2.0.0 will be down the line a bit. I need to focus on Aylia's Story for awhile.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yea, sorry for my silence. I kind of just stepped away from message boards, forums, Patreon, and all that to just work on the game. I got the bugs fixed Friday night and was preparing it for release when I stopped and thought, "After all the fucking work I've put on this, am I really go to just push it out with a fairly half-assed last 1/4 of the game?" So, I backed away from message boards and people, and worked about 10 hours yesterday, and am about to start working right now. I went through and added NPC reactions to the eclipse, fixed consistency errors and added little intros to the gallery room scenes to fit with the old man's perspective.

I editing and improving the h-scenes right now. I'm sure people will think, "What the fuck, just release the fucking thing." And I can see that. But, I knew I had a good amount of time to work this weekend, and I wanted to take that extra one or two days to bring the entire game up to my high standards. I hope this translation shows people the kind of writing and scene building they can expect in Aylia's Story, as I've really put a lot of effort into this. I pretty sure people would be downright shocked if they took the time to compare the original to the translated version.

Anyways, I hope you guys are too mad at me. It did mean I missed another release date (par the fucking course at this point), but the end product is much better. I'll finish up what I'm doing today, and depending on when I finish, I made put in a very quick graphical addition of her tits getting grabbed (should only take an hour), but if I don't finish the editing until late, that addition will be scrapped. Once I release it, I'm moving away from Hunter's Quest for a few weeks, so v2.0.0 will be down the line a bit. I need to focus on Aylia's Story for awhile.

Thanks.
Okay, fair enough I look forward to hopefully playing it soon :) and can't go wrong with some tit grabbing ;) am i right lol either way thanks for working on it as much as you are, doing more than I could. Lol

lampost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyways, I hope you guys are too mad at me. It did mean I missed another release date (par the fucking course at this point), but the end product is much better. I'll finish up what I'm doing today, and depending on when I finish, I made put in a very quick graphical addition of her tits getting grabbed (should only take an hour), but if I don't finish the editing until late, that addition will be scrapped. Once I release it, I'm moving away from Hunter's Quest for a few weeks, so v2.0.0 will be down the line a bit. I need to focus on Aylia's Story for awhile.

Thanks.
It's alright. I'm happy you're obviously putting so much effort into making a great game.

What exactly would make V2.0.0 different from the current version?