What's new

[Complete - Full] I'm out of jokes but not of English patches for ASYLUM (RJ289299)

sub-par

Reputation score
Wassup.

Please take game discussion, gameplay help questions, and similar to the ASYLUM thread in the games section (mind the spoilers)
You can buy

Things to note
  • ASYLUM was updated last weekend, and this patch will likely not work on versions older than 1.20. Please make sure you have the latest version (1.20)
  • A bugfix update to ASYLUM has been announced. This translation patch will likely be compatible with it to some degree, but will undo any bugfixes. I fixed both of the issues that have been publicly reported so far though
  • If you previously played SEQUEL colony with my translation, and you’re invested deeper than is healthy (I don’t blame you), consider reading the first entry in SEQUEL colony’s patch update 1.0.4b's changelog before forming wild theories

What's next?
  • As is custom, I'll be more actively maintaining the patch in the first few weeks. But unless I need to put out major fires, I'll likely hold off on updating the patch until 1.21 comes out.
  • After that, I'll work on translating Liberty Step. It is an earlier freeware game made by hakika, the sole developer of the SEQUEL games and ASYLUM. As it is not an H-game, I'll only be posting about it on . Check it out if you've developed an obsession with hakika games.

Latest patch version (1.0.1):
Old versions in

Major:
  • None

Minor:
  • In the Events screen, Event 060 is erroneously numbered as event 059.

Won't fix:
  • By using lots of large capital letters, it is possible to name party members so that the names cut off in certain UI elements. For technical and laziness reasons, I won't fix this. Just avoid naming them QQQQQQQQQQQQ or whatever.

This patch is for the Japanese game version 1.20, which is the latest one as of this writing.
Please use the guide found in the "How to Apply a Partial" thread to install the patch to your copy of the game.
Please make liberal use of spoiler tags if you have bug reports that are plot-adjacent or translation questions about similarly plot-sensitive stuff. It's only polite.

Last edited:

Kunai200

Reputation score
Thanks for translating this series, love your work!

OP
sub-par

sub-par

Reputation score
I wanted to slack off and watch the reports of minor issues trickle in until the upcoming bugfix release for ASYLUM's version 1.20 was out, but a bug in the translation patch that crashes the game was brought to my attention. This one was completely on me, as I was lazy and tried to avoid 15 minutes of extra work when updating my project from 1.11 to 1.20. Sorry about that.

Changelog:
  • The game no longer crashes in the postgame when opening Caith's skill tree.
  • Unwanted association with Malice's name in the weapon skill "Plunder Power" removed. (renamed to Pillage Power. Complaints about my alliteration kink are open.)

• Multiple brands had the wrong numeral III instead of II in the end of their names.
  • The monster name Manitari Kyria, introduced in colony, was accidentally written as Manitari Kiria.
  • Added a line in event 006's description to make up for the association between strong foes and Stalwart Shards lost in translation.
  • Two miscellaneous text fixes.

Last edited:

nebulasar

Reputation score
thank you so much for your work! i really needed this to cure covid depression

Kamil118

Lurker
Reputation score
Idk if this is bug in the game or translation, but i found this shop where all items are priced 0 mana

OP
sub-par

sub-par

Reputation score
Idk if this is bug in the game or translation, but i found this shop where all items are priced 0 mana
Cannot reproduce. Have you done some sort of save or file editing, or did you download a save game from somewhere?

Managed to reproduce it. Looking into it.

I figured out what's wrong. A variable that scales shop prices is not set without talking to the merchant after finishing event 002. This is technically a problem in the base game, but I'll fix it in the next patch (after 1.21 comes out) nonetheless. Or hakika will fix it and I don't have to.

In the meanwhile, if this problem bothers you, opening the merchant's shop will fix it permanently for your save file.

Last edited:

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Okay, time for a small report. This comes from the encyclopedia entry for the Stampeding Elephant. It mentions Castilita, but the l is missing, making it Castiita.
Castiita.png

OP
sub-par

sub-par

Reputation score
Thank you for the report, but..."Castiita" is how the area name is written😅. There's no L in it.

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Really? Huh. I thought I had seen it with l somewhere, but I can't find it now. Maybe I saw Tranquilita and got confused? Oh well.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There's a bug.
The guardian's aren't visible on the map for some reason.

The first mandatory defeat fight is visible but subsequent fights are not.

OP
sub-par

sub-par

Reputation score
There's a bug.
The guardian's aren't visible on the map for some reason.

The first mandatory defeat fight is visible but subsequent fights are not.
This is normal game behavior.

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Finally got around to actually playing, and found this incredibly minor typo:
Part of "The Trailblazer" event completion dialogue. Missing the article "a" before grumpy virgin. For the sake of improving the dialogue overall, you may also consider replacing the second instance of "a bit" with "a little" and moving the address to the end since it sounds more natural in my opinion. (Full dialogue would read: "Yep, Lars-kun is a bit of a grumpy virgin. Your appearance might be a little too stimulating for him, Malice.") Will post any others I catch while speeding through dialogue.

Other than that, minor nitpick with the passive abilities "Destructivity" and "Opportunous" since the first is a relatively obscure/unused word and the second isn't a word at all. Creative liberties taken, lack of character space, or maybe there's an in-game reason later? Otherwise, consider using "Destructive/Ruinous" and "Opportunistic" or even "Destroyer" and "Opportunist".

As usual, thanks for the great translation!

Last edited:
Reputation score
There's a new gameplay focused game from Leaf Geometry. Do you plan to translate it, sub-par? If anything, I'd be more than happy with a partial translation alone, as I prefer to read the actual plot in Japanese, but quests and gameplay elements aren't very convenient to hook.

What's next?
  • As is custom, I'll be more actively maintaining the patch in the first few weeks. But unless I need to put out major fires, I'll likely hold off on updating the patch until 1.21 comes out.
  • After that, I'll work on translating Liberty Step. It is an earlier freeware game made by hakika, the sole developer of the SEQUEL games and ASYLUM. As it is not an H-game, I'll only be posting about it on . Check it out if you've developed an obsession with hakika games.
Not an h-game? If it has the same quality of gameplay as the first two Sequel games, count me in. :)
From the comments it seems that the game has a class system as the first Sequel game.

Last edited: