What's new

Images of Wonder Truth and Fear...

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Images of Wonder Truth and Fear...

What about those who constantly whine about being offended by everything. I mean they come to country foreign to their religion and when they find something that offends them, which always happens because if you look for something you will find it, they don't "deal with it" or get back to their home country or some country where their religion is more widely accepted. Instead they start to riot and protest. Not all of them are extremists since most of them just whine, but isn't that basically the same as showing their religion down our/your throat ?
True, I forgot about those whiny fagbags. That too pisses me off. Looks like the list of things that piss me off is growing pretty quickly today...

E

ecoISDP

True, I forgot about those whiny fagbags. That too pisses me off. Looks like the list of things that piss me off is growing pretty quickly today...
I can't say I hate them cause there aren't any in my country but since I'll most likely move to Britain soon so that's probably gonna change or am I just being to pessimistic about it?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I can't say I hate them cause there aren't any in my country but since I'll most likely move to Britain soon so that's probably gonna change or am I just being to pessimistic about it?
You don't really hear much about them now, at least from what I can tell, it's mostly stuff the government is doing and terrorism. Oh, and the snow. You can't forget about that.

E

ecoISDP

You don't really hear much about them now, at least from what I can tell, it's mostly stuff the government is doing and terrorism. Oh, and the snow. You can't forget about that.
That is good. But still a culture shock is imminent.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i remember when a british bank stopped the encouragement of piggy banks for children because some religions considered the pig to be an unclean animal.

E

ecoISDP

i remember when a british bank stopped the encouragement of piggy banks for children because some religions considered the pig to be an unclean animal.

Why don't they just ban all pork and other religions in the world because they upset the muslims ?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

to be fair i think even the muslims where outraged at the piggy bank thing. Well i'm sure one or two went its about god damn time (hur hur hur), but the majority are quite sane. The silent majority of course.

Reminds me of a time a city council meeting down here decided not to serve ham sandwitches because some people coming might have been jewish, in response to this one of the attendees brought their own platter of them. Instant hit wouldn't you know.

E

ecoISDP

to be fair i think even the muslims where outraged at the piggy bank thing. Well i'm sure one or two went its about god damn time (hur hur hur), but the majority are quite sane. The silent majority of course.

Reminds me of a time a city council meeting down here decided not to serve ham sandwitches because some people coming might have been jewish, in response to this one of the attendees brought their own platter of them. Instant hit wouldn't you know.
It's common to see some people get pants on head retarded about their religion, but it's sad to see government support it. I mean if it's really nothing outrageous then they should just say

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Mm, it is all well and good to post a montage of various Muslim-based bans, but lets not forget the number of times the other religions cockblock as well. From where I sit, the Christian fundies are far worse, but that's just my experience. (They also like to hide behind "think of the children".)
"You can't sell this graphically violent game as it is! Think of the children!" "Hrm... you're right... it needs more children in it..."

But yeah, I'm in the basket that doesn't mind religion existing, as long as it's willing to stay on its side of the line, and I'll stay on mine. Although I suppose I might be crossing the line a little for dating a catholic, but she's more or less lost her faith before I met her and only goes to church for her grandmother. Her church started denying entry to her best friend, who is homosexual.

E

ecoISDP

Mm, it is all well and good to post a montage of various Muslim-based bans, but lets not forget the number of times the other religions cockblock as well. From where I sit, the Christian fundies are far worse, but that's just my experience. (They also like to hide behind "think of the children".)
"You can't sell this graphically violent game as it is! Think of the children!" "Hrm... you're right... it needs more children in it..."

But yeah, I'm in the basket that doesn't mind religion existing, as long as it's willing to stay on its side of the line, and I'll stay on mine. Although I suppose I might be crossing the line a little for dating a catholic, but she's more or less lost her faith before I met her and only goes to church for her grandmother. Her church started denying entry to her best friend, who is homosexual.
I'm not hating on muslims. It's that the only rage material I have is about muslims. Well I have a youtube video about a christian holy father who states that if you're a man and you shave your beard then you are a faggot, an eunuch, a pervert and a zebra. Too bad it's in russian.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

A.. a zebra..?

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I think sums up my views on religion. Oh, and .

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, the bible IS the 'greatest story ever told"...

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I think sums up my views on religion. Oh, and .
Awesome, just awesome Maiko.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Religion is a double-edged sword: We wouldn't be where we are today without it, but we also wouldn't be where we are today if it had never existed.

E

ecoISDP

Religion is a double-edged sword: We wouldn't be where we are today without it, but we also wouldn't be where we are today if it had never existed.
Nobody wants it to be gone (well maybe not nobody), hell it actually helps people keep their spirit up in times of need. But when the people in the churches start thinking that only they are right and everyone else is wrong and start shoving their beliefs into everyone. That's when shit hits the fan. People are supposed to go into the church, not the other way around.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

People are supposed to go into the church, not the other way around.
. . . . . What if it's a church-shape*HURK* (gets yanked off-stage by a cane)