What's new

In Nomine (checking interest)

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
What is In Nomine?

It's a roleplaying game where the players play angels and demons attempting to fulfil various agendas in the cold war between heaven and hell.

The game is lighter than you'd expect from an epic struggle between good and evil, with a decent amount of humour written into it. Especially the demons, where it pays to be a horrible bastard to people.

I'll be looking to run a demon game, if things go well I'll add an angel party to the game as well, but for now I'm looking for interested parties. As far as gameplay, the PCs will be a loosely allied group of demons operating within a city upon earth, each tying to fulfil their demon prince's agenda whilst striving to spread and protect the forces of darkness.

I need to refresh myself a little of the game myself, so I'll leave you with one last thing. This is an except from the book, which details how each variety of demon would deal with the scenario in question. It helps to know more about the demons, but even without it, it's amusing.

HOW EACH BAND OF DEMON WOULD GO ABOUT GETTING A MASSAGE

A Balseraph would go into a massage parlor claiming to be a reviewer for Backrubs Monthly.

Djinn couldn't care less about backrubs.

A Calabite would turn to someone and say, "You know, when I get these knots in my muscles, it makes me want to break things."

A Habbalite would torture someone with guilty feelings until he broke down and rubbed the demon's back.

A Lilim would walk up to a stranger, bite her lip and say, "Don't you owe me a backrub?"

A Shedite would possess one person, start him giving someone else a backrub, then move into the other person's body to enjoy the experience.

An Impudite would rather give a backrub -- and take advantage of the opportunity to steal some Essence.

Another little taste from the book:

In their celestial forms, Cherubim look like enormous, winged animals - lions, bears etc. suffused in golden haloes. Why Western artists began depitching them as cute, pudgy, winged babies several centuaries ago remains a mystery. The Cherubim were not amused; most suspect the Diabolicals' influence.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In Nomine (checking interest)

Haha, I'm trying to relate that to the "Your class" thread, where before we were trying to look at positive qualities, but now we're trying to affiliate what negative behaviors we have and match ourselves up with a demon.

Sounds fun, count me in.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

God damn all these interesting RPs!!

Well, now that I have that outta my system, I'm in. :)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oop, I can't read whatever you gave me and my computer froze up haha.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Oop, I can't read whatever you gave me and my computer froze up haha.
:/ Concerning. I downloaded my copy from there not long ago and it's working just fine.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Nah, I was heavily multitasking, and the dominoes fell like a house of cards.... checkmate

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

And I won't be able to try for another 6 or 7 hours, at least :/

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I personally like the "How Angels buy Soda" I think is the example they give for them. The one that sticks out is "Man, this guys' got neat stuff in his pockets!"

I am...uncertain if I'm in or not. I may pop in from time to time to peanut gallery, but In Nomine never really grabbed me :/ I do, however, have the rulebook in hardcopy if you need any backup there.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I've heard of it, but never actually played or read it, looking forward to DLing the book in... A little over two hours.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wait, I have to do homework to know what's going on here? :(

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Wait, I have to do homework to know what's going on here? :(
Huh? Not...really...?

And yes, the Angels and the Vending Machine is better than the demons, but since I was running a demon game...

Malakim find no redeeming qualities in carbonated beverages.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm reading up on the rundowns of the demons anyway, kinda fun.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Oh, yes, reading up on the bands of demons and the demon princes is helpful; and it's an entertaining read.

I'd be reluctant to let anyone into my game who's dissuaded by a little bit of reading. I don't need you to fully ingest the mechanics section or anything, but having a decent understanding of both your demon type and your price is fairly essential for gameplay.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I've heard of it, but never actually played or read it, looking forward to DLing the book in... A little over two hours.
Wow, you have a bad connection. My college network lets me download it in under a minute.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, my connection is fine, the problem was, I was sitting on a floor scrubber with two hours left till the end of my shift when I posted that ;)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, well, anyway: I might be interested in playing as a Shedim.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm thinking a Lilim, but I'm going to read them all first :)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's like a kid in a candy shop. Based on personal faults, I'd say I'd be a calabite. Based on behavior, I'd say I'd be a habbalite, but I think I'd really have fun playing an Impudite.

Gah, I wouldn't know what to choose at this point. MUST READ MOAR

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Just as a note, I want a level of secrecy within the game, so while your demon band will be common knowledge to the group, your demon lord will not, and you should strive to keep it thus way.

Thus, before anyone gets any further along in their ideas, don't post who you're thinking of serving ;)

One or two more people posting to note interest and I'll speak to a mod about getting a place set up.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Interest expressed. Just finished reading the book :p