What's new

In today's news...

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
but still Windows OS based. Just like ATMs.
Most ATMs still run on Windows XP Embedded
A lot of the time it's enough, access to elements is restricted properly and you can't do much. You generally need access to ports to even start doing something, which often are attacks ATMs are not prepared for... But you will mainly see people trying more brute physical attacks than that (ripping out ATM, blowing it out, etc) which will fuck up money cartridges anyway.
Just like with normal locks, often doing well against brute force attacks and simple lock picking, but more experienced lock picker will deal with them in a matter of minutes.
Thing is, people with experience and knowledge are desired and often make enough, so they don't need to take stupid risks.

Before anyone will start dropping case-by-case example like they discovered eldorado or something: No one said every single one, this is generalized by majority of cases, not all.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Man at filthy New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings, prosecutors say
About 6-7 hours ago
BREAKING: Judge allows release of suspects linked to 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound ahead of trial.

Judge said although she was concerned by "troubling facts," prosecutors failed to articulate any specific threats to the community
I suppose training school shooters is not a threat to the community. Or the part where he has kidnapped multiple kids

Turrican

Reputation score
Hello to all.

I have 2 news on the copyright directive:

The first link of what I understand is the possibility that it will not do anything because of the continuous obstructionism of the parties, you will still lose time until the end of this European mandate (I hope but I do not trust). Correct me if I'm wrong.

The second link I did not understand if he is taking for a ride to the directive or is something else to explain it to me.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello to all.

I have 2 news on the copyright directive:

The first link of what I understand is the possibility that it will not do anything because of the continuous obstructionism of the parties, you will still lose time until the end of this European mandate (I hope but I do not trust). Correct me if I'm wrong.

The second link I did not understand if he is taking for a ride to the directive or is something else to explain it to me.
First link basically says the entire idea of how to enforce article 11 and 13 was stupid and made by people who don't know how the internet works, but also that they have a lot of money and will be trying to legally bribe("Lobby") EU politicians to get a retry. We might hear about a new proposal on the 12th of September and maybe they'll have been less stupid that time. We'll see when it happens

Second link just says it's impossible to have a computer filter all uploads, as the EU intended to enforce the copyright directive, because computers don't understand humans. Copyright does not apply to satire and parody, which computers can not detect. So it would not be able to figure out what is and is not allowed
Both basically point out that the proposal was pretty much just terrible and worded vaguely with no basis in reality or possibility to enforce

Turrican

Reputation score
First link basically says the entire idea of how to enforce article 11 and 13 was stupid and made by people who don't know how the internet works, but also that they have a lot of money and will be trying to legally bribe("Lobby") EU politicians to get a retry. We might hear about a new proposal on the 12th of September and maybe they'll have been less stupid that time. We'll see when it happens

Second link just says it's impossible to have a computer filter all uploads, as the EU intended to enforce the copyright directive, because computers don't understand humans. Copyright does not apply to satire and parody, which computers can not detect. So it would not be able to figure out what is and is not allowed
Both basically point out that the proposal was pretty much just terrible and worded vaguely with no basis in reality or possibility to enforce
You mean, maybe they have learned (a little bit) the lesson, and they will try to do a directive with the least possible damage to the internet in europe, or will they put worse articles on 3 11 and 13?

Turrican

Reputation score
There is a more important news of all, the tragedy of the bridge collapsing in Genoa, I thank all the journalists of the world who speak about it, I thank the governments of the world for their uniqueness, and that this tragedy does not happen again.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
They may have learned from it, but we won't know until september 12th

Turrican

Reputation score
But you're right who has more money, can change people, and Google & Co have more than publishers and music and film companies, I do not like the trap of Google & Co but better to have them as allies (although I know the their true reason).

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
But you're right who has more money, can change people, and Google & Co have more than publishers and music and film companies, I do not like the trap of Google & Co but better to have them as allies (although I know the their true reason).

Maybe it's cause I'm new to the conversation, but I don't recall XSI's post saying anything about Google. So, I must inquire as to what in the Hfil you're talking about, request that your response contain a cohesive string of thoughts tied together so most people can understand it, and for you to possibly improve your English for future reference.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Aretha Franklin, dubbed the Queen of Soul, has passed away today at the age 76. May she rest in peace

Turrican

Reputation score
Maybe it's cause I'm new to the conversation, but I don't recall XSI's post saying anything about Google. So, I must inquire as to what in the Hfil you're talking about, request that your response contain a cohesive string of thoughts tied together so most people can understand it, and for you to possibly improve your English for future reference.
Sorry if I answer you now, what I want to say I can not stand that the protectors of the directive say absurdity that we were not (ordinary people) to protest, but google & co who hacked the protest, who say fake news, in short that all work them (google) not us (users)
Meanwhile, on August 26 there will be a protest across Europe, I really want to see if they have the courage that all the work of google & co more we have already reached almost 1 million signatures on charge.org savetheinternet, and I recently discovered that the president of the EU (Czech skinned) does not open this directive.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Sorry if I answer you now, what I want to say I can not stand that the protectors of the directive say absurdity that we were not (ordinary people) to protest, but google & co who hacked the protest, who say fake news, in short that all work them (google) not us (users)
Meanwhile, on August 26 there will be a protest across Europe, I really want to see if they have the courage that all the work of google & co more we have already reached almost 1 million signatures on charge.org savetheinternet, and I recently discovered that the president of the EU (Czech skinned) does not open this directive.
1 million out of 500 million living in EU. Spread on this is shit, not enough people care.

Turrican

Reputation score
1 million out of 500 million living in EU. Spread on this is shit, not enough people care.
I answer you IMMEDIATELY, a petition can change the fate of a thing for better or for worse, no matter how much we are inhabitants of a nation or continent.
Example:
1) SOPA & PIPA I do not know exactly how many signatures perhaps 2 million signatures out of 250 million in the USA, WON!
2) ACTA 3 million signatures out of 500 million in Europe, WON!
3) EU directive (small SOPA, DMCA European, ACTA2 call it as hell you think) it was thought that the copyright protectors could pass on July 5, instead they found the finger in the ASS thanks to the protest and we were less than 750,000 signatures in Europe.
One thing I'm right for you, you have to see what the new text offers on September 12, which can be passable or worse than before.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I answer you IMMEDIATELY, a petition can change the fate of a thing for better or for worse, no matter how much we are inhabitants of a nation or continent.
Example:
1) SOPA & PIPA I do not know exactly how many signatures perhaps 2 million signatures out of 250 million in the USA, WON!
2) ACTA 3 million signatures out of 500 million in Europe, WON!
3) EU directive (small SOPA, DMCA European, ACTA2 call it as hell you think) it was thought that the copyright protectors could pass on July 5, instead they found the finger in the ASS thanks to the protest and we were less than 750,000 signatures in Europe.
One thing I'm right for you, you have to see what the new text offers on September 12, which can be passable or worse than before.
No one said anything about effectiveness of such petitions. Read again, it means exactly what I said.

Turrican

Reputation score
No one said anything about effectiveness of such petitions. Read again, it means exactly what I said.
Now understood.

By the way, another topic, it's a while that I want to ask you something, you're the creator of this game "petal of roses"?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Now understood.

By the way, another topic, it's a while that I want to ask you something, you're the creator of this game "petal of roses"?
Yes I am responsible for it. No need for off-topic, there is a thread for it and PMs and so on.