What's new

In today's news...

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
<sarcams> Not like they all use same base source for that data or something. </sarcasm>
They don't, actually. It isn't as if there are any official numbers, so there are just different estimates. I'm guessing you got yours from some M$ sponsored "study".

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
They don't, actually. It isn't as if there are any official numbers, so there are just different estimates. I'm guessing you got yours from some M$ sponsored "study".
Could as well be. Then again, all links having statistics like that (including Wikipedia) show same results with very small error margin (then again, could as well be difference in having up to date monthly reports). So if we really assume it's all based on M$ sponsored "study", then there is no data that isn't "sponsored".
But, even Valve own H&S surveys shows that win7 is going away in the gaming world: (giving a link, because googling that may be an issue for some).

And honestly, knowing thing or two, I don't see a reason for M$ to bother with twinkering this type of data (other stuff, sure). They don't really have to. Why? Well, when majority of new computers are shipped with W10 and barely anyone bothers to install W7, usage of that certain OS will grow, not that complicated. Just like I can expect that majority of Apple computers are running Mac OS.

As much as I would want to go with conspiracy theories and full on rebellious perspective, I don't see why would they bother. Not when such companies as Google could easily prove that their data is far from reality (ofc, we can always assume that G$$gle is working with M$ and keep going this route every time - falling deeper and deeper into paranoia. Doesn't mean that those companies aren't shit tier when it comes to treating people as anything more than numbers, but let's not fall into madness.)

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Dear god, wipe that bleeding vagina. You don't really care, you just wanted to bitch about something. I don't see you whining about XSI statistics about win7/win10 market share (yeah, saying it's bigger still counts). You thought you will have your "HA! Gotcha!" moment, sorry, but you don't. Not sure if you missed me so much, don't wanna know.
Anyway, since you are going to cling to that like there is no tomorrow, ignoring everything else that was written, we are done with this topic.
Keeping it clean.
XSI didn't quote me to bring my attention back to the topic and base a moderately sized post upon statistics he didn't provide the source for.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
I could if you want me to
I'll have to look up some plausible sounding but wrong statistics to throw in though

Edit: Suppose I'll edit in some news
Another shooting happened a few days ago, and the shooter has achieved most of their stated goals thanks to people not thinking before they react.

What should be a wake up call to get people to stop pushing for more fighting and suppressing 'wrong' opinions instead leads to people pushing their narrative harder, which will without a doubt lead to more shit in the future as news stops corresponding to reality

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Some news sites have even started to remove articles they wrote about the mosque a few years ago, because it had raised three or four jihadis.

Most were killed in a drone strike but one was arrested

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
A Turk shot some people on a tram in Holland yesterday.

Naturally people immediately thought it might be a reprisal for NZ, but not too worry.
It was just an honour killing.

Turns out to the Turk was shooting his ex girlfriend.
Because she reported him for rape.

The other people just got in the way.
Just part and parcel.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Turns out to the Turk was shooting his ex girlfriend.
Because she reported him for rape.
Taking it as it is written.
I wonder... was that false rape accusation that ruined his life and created this bad situation...
Or genuine pig that raped a woman and couldn't handle that justice was on his ass?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
And we find out why New Zealand censored and banned ownership of the shooter's manifesto
So you can buy it from them at the low price of $102, which will also register all your info and that you want to see it with the government

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than China's censorship. On one hand, now you can actually have the document. On the other, there is clearly something very wrong with this system on several levels of morality

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
... Why doesn't someone just upload it to the internet?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
It's all over the internet, it's just illegal to possess it in NZ without a liocense

It's not like there's anything ground breaking in it either, it's pretty standard stuff people have been saying for years. Maybe that's why the establishment wants to suppress it

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
So where's the problem? Is there some gestapo going around rooting through people's hard-drives searching for it?

I mean yeah information control is immoral and you should definitely fight it, though this might not be the best case to do it with.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
I know that someone has send copies of it to every NZ politician they could find the email of

Illegal to possess, but they're also not allowed to delete it because they need to save their work emails for some kinda transparency laws
Guess every politician is going to have to pay 100 now

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
The manifesto is basically the alt-right "hot take" the media didn't want. You couple that with the recent upsets in politics, and it's clear that every effort to underplay the manifesto and the shooter's goals will be put forward if only to keep the masses ignorant. Problem is, word of mouth is still a common thing nowadays. Enough people know about the damn thing to speak up and object.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Penis inspection day announced in Florida

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
The school’s dean sent a follow-up email to parents apologising for the prank. It was not clear, however, how the students managed to break into the system.
Someone's password was password, I guarantee

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Username: Admin
Password: Admin123

Or they just had a post-it note next to the computer with the name+pass. I've seen that back at my school

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Notre Dame getting rebuild, visually it is to be the way it was before the fire
They plan to get it done before the olympics happen in France

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
A popular youtuber named Daniel Desmond Amofah, best known under the handle "Etika" has been confirmed dead today at age 29, several days after being reported missing following a suicidal video he uploaded to social media. His personal belongings was found alongside the Manhattan Bridge a few days prior, suggesting he may jumped from it in order to kill himself. After the body of a man fitting his description was found floating in New York's East River yesterday, it was taken to a medical examiner and later confirmed to be Etika by both the examiner and his family.

Listen, if you know somebody who has been hurting themselves or shown to have suicidal tendencies, even if it seems like they were joking about it, it's best to try to get them some help as soon as possible, you may be able to save their lives as a result. There's been multiple situations like this that Etika got himself into that more or less made people think he was acting out for attention, and it ultimately resulted in people not taking him seriously right until the very end. R.I.P

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
In news that you won't be hearing about on TV or most other places
Google on hidden cam planning to interfere with US 2020 elections. And of course they removed the youtube video of it

Notable as google is immune to getting sued for the content on their sites as a 'public square', with the users responsible for what they upload. But they're dealing with a thing in US government trying to strip that immunity because they aren't being a public square, neutral, and have been consistently politically active and censoring things they disagree with
Everyone knows by now that google is biased and politically active
But now they're on tape with it and being investigated for it, which may make them lose some privileges