What's new

In today's news...

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

To be honest, I've thought about doing something like this before as well. I wouldn't commit suicide to escape or because of some spiraling depression. I'd just do it because I want to know what's at the end.

Granted, I wouldn't have the kind of dedication to write an entire textbook's worth of notes, but I guess that's just me.
This right here is why I have no fear of death. Sure I don't want to stop living, and I've gotten over the mopy teenage "oh my life is so horrible I want to die" bullshit stage, but when I'm done with my life, I'm not going to be quaking in my boots. Mainly because I'll be able to say 'HA! TOLD YOU SO!!!'

Or so I hope.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Suicide is possibly one of the most selfish actions I can think of, that a person can commit. That's my entire view on the subject matter.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Suicide is possibly one of the most selfish actions I can think of, that a person can commit. That's my entire view on the subject matter.
Not if s/he gets an organ donor pass beforehand and then lets him/herself bleed out in the bathtub.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I could never commit suicide.

It'd reduce my score by 1.
I"ll do it the heros way of going on a shooting spree, then have my KDR carved into my headstone.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

But what if you mess up? You would have to have n00b carved into it forevermore.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not if s/he gets an organ donor pass beforehand and then lets him/herself bleed out in the bathtub.
It's still selfish if you think about all the pain it would cause family members and friends for the rest of their lives. When I was going through teenage angst, thats always the thing I thought of. Besides, you can donate more blood over the course of your life than you could at one time (I think :D)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's still selfish if you think about all the pain it would cause family members and friends for the rest of their lives. When I was going through teenage angst, thats always the thing I thought of. Besides, you can donate more blood over the course of your life than you could at one time (I think :D)
The pain to others is what I was trying to get at here, so thank ye Ranger.
Having a family member kill themselves is not a pleasant experience, and shouldn't be experienced by anybody.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

There was a dude dying of melanoma that drove to memorial in Savannah all the way from North Carolina in a rental car lined on the inside with plastic. When he got to Memorial he blew his brains out and had a note pinned to his chest saying he and his wife discussed it, and he was to be an organ donor.

Because they had no way of contacting his wife at the time, they put him on life support, and kept him "Alive" for a few days before getting a hold of his wife and getting the okay to use his organs.

>.>

/2cents

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

The Canadians on here probably already know about this, but I think it's something worth bringing up so that the rest of the world can get an idea of what asshats our government is made up of.

I was going to bring up the gun registry battle when that was going, and there's the whole thing with the census as well (Funny note there, the house voted in favor to reinstate the long-form census, but the government has announced it's just going to ignore that vote. Something sounds vaugly illegal there...)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't see why us Canucks can't do Prostitution the same way the Netherlands does it. Worker's Rights, income taxes, health checks...

People are going to find ways to make a buck from cash regardless, having legal Prostitutes who are checked to be clean will make less people go towards these back alley sleeze pits.

My thoughts on the matter anyway. Legalize it, clean it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

This is probably going to get me flamed to hell and back, but meh.

My thoughts on suicide? The people who do it are cowards who didn't deserve to live anyway. So what if you've got problems? Man up and do something about it, and if you dont think you're strong enough to do it on your own get help. And yes, I know some people find it hard to approach others with their problems when they cant deal with it on their own but that doesn't excuse killing yourself.

The ONLY time its alright to take your own life is when you've got an incurable/untreatable illness that will either mentally/physically handicap you and turn you into a vegetable or leave you in unbearable pain for the rest of your life.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My thoughts on suicide? The people who do it are cowards who didn't deserve to live anyway. So what if you've got problems? Man up and do something about it, and if you dont think you're strong enough to do it on your own get help. And yes, I know some people find it hard to approach others with their problems when they cant deal with it on their own but that doesn't excuse killing yourself.

The ONLY time its alright to take your own life is when you've got an incurable/untreatable illness that will either mentally/physically handicap you and turn you into a vegetable or leave you in unbearable pain for the rest of your life.
Pretty much what I've been saying all along. I agree with everything here.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well apparently they've done a Metroid and Zelda (female Link) show, so I'd imagine they do pretty well.

wredtie

Lurker
Reputation score

is it still suicide when you kill yourself for a purpose other than these reasons?
death is a powerful symbol, especially when one takes their own life -exempli gratias martyrs

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Martyrdom is generally akin to terrorism in this day and age, so yes, it is the pussy option. Instead of blowing yourself up and taking out a plane full of people with you why not get on the fucking frontlines and have your head blown off by people who don't want to see their country ruled by a terrorist group.