What's new

In today's news...

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

A rare gorilla was killed by zoo keepers at the Cincinnati Zoo, after a 4 year old somehow climbed into the enclosure and was grabbed:

From what the zoo director said, tranqs apparently couldn't be used as the gorilla may have crushed the child before it kicked in, since nothing likes being shot at...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fuckin really? Should have shot the parents instead and let the gorilla keep the kid, would have done a much better job of raising it.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not much of a animal rights person but goddamn, people are stupid as shit, how hard is it to pay attention to where your kid is at? Can't manage that? There are leashes and bags for you to put them in that they can't get out of!

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I feel their pain but super is kind of right (not about shooting people). People need to pay attention to their children or these things happen.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Internet news!

Teamviewer has been hacked, and they're denying it.
Apparently it's their DNS server, so don't go to their website either, to be safe

Just so you'd know if you use the thing. I don't, but someone here might, maybe.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The gorilla thing just highlights a glaring problem with the chosen method to keep people away from the animals at zoos. A 3-foot guard rail? Really?

Seriously, why is a guard rail the only thing standing between the idiot public and the animal's enclosure? Know what a perfect solution would be for this situation, as well as any and all other animal exhibits like this? Large plexiglas barriers. You know, sorta like the stuff that lines every single hockey rink in existence.

You wouldn't at all be obstructing the view of the animals from the public since it's completely see-through, but you would be able to actually keep the public from having any way of accessing the animal enclosures (and thereby keeping the animals safe from the idiot public, quite frankly).

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm a fan of 'survival of the fittest', I say: No barriers at all, and no rescuing people that fall in with the animals. Do they really benefit society alive as much as they would as an example of what not to do?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

The gorilla thing just highlights a glaring problem with the chosen method to keep people away from the animals at zoos. A 3-foot guard rail? Really?

Seriously, why is a guard rail the only thing standing between the idiot public and the animal's enclosure? Know what a perfect solution would be for this situation, as well as any and all other animal exhibits like this? Large plexiglas barriers. You know, sorta like the stuff that lines every single hockey rink in existence.

You wouldn't at all be obstructing the view of the animals from the public since it's completely see-through, but you would be able to actually keep the public from having any way of accessing the animal enclosures (and thereby keeping the animals safe from the idiot public, quite frankly).
Lack of stupid people/stupid parents until the current Idiocracy generation hasn't required their facility.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@super: Well, you know, children, for example, might be hurt the most by that, because they are idiots. Calm down man.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's part of my point, actually. Smart adults will be able to keep their children from falling in the pit AS WELL as themselves. Callous yes but not entirely without merit, I believe.

Besides, an IRL friend has actually been to said zoo and was surprised that anyone made it into the enclosure.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Sadly, removing all fences just means you get jackasses who train and bodybuild for two years jumping in just so they can say they suplexed a gorilla

The barriers are just as much for the animals' safety as they are for the visitors' safety

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not to nitpick, but an unarmed human vs a gorilla is going the same way no matter how much you train. They're faster, stronger, more resilient, and fight to kill from the word go. So you're going to end up with maybe 1 guy that can do that, the rest are in a bloody heap next to the gorilla that just doesn't care after killing so many today.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The legendary boxer Muhammad Ali has just passed from this world, may he rest in peace.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I read an article yesterday saying he'd been hospitalized but was in fair condition and his stay was expected to be brief. I woke up today to find out he was dead. RIP "The Greatest"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amazing legacy, a piece of civil rights history. And continued to be a relevant voice in politics into the last year of his life, by criticizing the anti-Muslim policies proposed by the Republican nominee for president.

A powerful anti-establishment presence, and an excellent sportsman and showman.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone wanna place bets on how long it takes for Trump to say something inflammatory/derogatory about Ali because he was muslim? :rolleyes:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Anyone wanna place bets on how long it takes for Trump to say something inflammatory/derogatory about Ali because he was muslim? :rolleyes:
3... 2... 1...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

That didn't take long

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Isn't that a bit of an overstatement though? I don't pay attention to sports, because they're retarded, but do muslims really make up the majority of sports stars?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Did he say majority?

Also, that is from December.