In today's news...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

I mean, what they did to that "vindictive billionaire" was also super fucking low, douchey, and borderline criminal, same as what they did to Hogan

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ehhh... I'm not sure about all of this. I'm almost willing to give him a pass because he's Hulk but I don't really like what this might lead to.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe it will lead to news sites posting some actual fucking news instead of sleazy celebratory gutter trash gossip.

Fat chance I know but a man can dream

In today's news:
Stumbled across this this morning

Apparently she's famous on the YouTube's as zeldaxlove64, and was shot dead by some crazy fucker at a concert last night

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Bad week for Orlando.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Mass shooting at a gay club you say?
Must be one of those gun toting Christian Fundamentalist NRA members.

...Oh, nevermind.

Cappy

Reputation score

Hmm, feeling a bit less comfortable with this now that I know there's some vindictive billionaire playing the legal system. But then whoever's got the money plays it, I guess.
In a fully capitalist system it's not an unfair comment to say that more than half of the time the richer person will win, unless they are both rich enough to go into extended legal battles with large legal branches at their backs. And even then they're more likely to settle with each other one way or the other for damage control to avoid paying legal fees. Unfortunately, large branches can just swamp you with large amounts of illegitimate paperwork that you're still obligated to go through and simply exhaust smaller legal offices or solo practicioners. If the court is assigning you an attorney, good luck, that person could even be accepting bribes to make it end as quickly as possible to save the opposing team time and money, because government subsidized lawyer fees are apparently garbage.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

50 people are dead and 53 are injured and I'm tired. Tired of being angry. Tired of being afraid.

Tired of angry homophobes and other bigots.

I'm so tired.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Christina Grimmie was my favorite Voice contestant. It really hurts that she's gone. :(

I don't think strict gun laws are going to help. These people could get their guns illegally anyway (and probably did). Public places need better security.
Alternatively, more people should carry a tazer.

It takes a real coward to do these things. You won't ever see these gutless worms attacking the White House or a police station. They would rather shoot someone that can't shoot back.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How morbid and jaded is it that I heard the news that the Orlando shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS before shooting up a gay club... And the first thing I wonder is how FOX is going to spin it?

50 people dead, and nothing is going to change.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

It does, however, hearten me that the GoFundMe for the Orlando victims and their families has almost reached it's original goal in 20 hours (it was 1.5 mil, now it's 2.)

Not that I'm on here with as much regularity as in the past, but I feel the overwhelming need to hide from social media for a while. While the support I see makes me happy, I'm getting a little overwhelmed.

Peace, all, and be excellent to each other.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Could have been prevented if the FBI actually arrested the guy
Apparently they had two separate investigations on whether or not he was a terrorist with ISIS connections

ISIS claimed responsibility

And local mosque there literally saying gays should die

So there were plenty of clues to get investigations started, but apparently not quite enough to convict or arrest. I for one hope they find the guy speaking at the mosque and do the best they can to convict him, but you can never be entirely sure how things go when complicated laws and lawyers get involved

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't we pass the Patriot Act so we could convict people we thought were terrorists without evidence? Or was that just so the GUB'MENT could silence dissenters freely?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Could have been prevented if the FBI actually arrested the guy
Apparently they had two separate investigations on whether or not he was a terrorist with ISIS connections

ISIS claimed responsibility

And local mosque there literally saying gays should die

So there were plenty of clues to get investigations started, but apparently not quite enough to convict or arrest. I for one hope they find the guy speaking at the mosque and do the best they can to convict him, but you can never be entirely sure how things go when complicated laws and lawyers get involved
Even with both of those he was still able to legally purchase and assault rifle.

His father has gone on record apologizing for this and said his son was never religious, hated gay folks, wanted to become a cop, and was physically abusing to his ex wife. And loved his guns, apparently.

I'm so tired.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How morbid and jaded is it that I heard the news that the Orlando shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS before shooting up a gay club... And the first thing I wonder is how FOX is going to spin it?

50 people dead, and nothing is going to change.
I heard a bit on O'Reilly while Dad was watching it. Not sure about the rest of Fox, but what I heard was basically "Obama is going to focus on gun control issues instead of the terrorist issue".

Even with both of those he was still able to legally purchase and assault rifle.
Aren't automatic weapons illegal in a lot of states? I know all assault rifles aren't necessarily automatic, but I don't see the need to allow people to own them. I think legal firearms should be limited to small clip, non-automatic handguns and hunting rifles.

I would never agree to total gun control. That's how Big Gov gets total and absolute control. You don't want that. When you allow the government to have total control then you open it up to stuff like the Nazi regime.

I actually have a theory that the government is behind all of these recent gun attacks. I'm sure they could see to it that someone's family is taken care of in exchange for them sacrificing their life and killing a bunch of civilians. I've suspected this ever since that shooting at the theater when it was showing that Batman movie (the one with Bane in it). The more it happens, the more people are convinced that total gun control should be a thing.

Then again, I have some crazy theories, such as Obama being a terrorist that wants to destroy the US. :p

Reactions: XSI

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

A little bit of good news though, I guess. There was a guy they arrested yesterday on his way to LA pride parade with a car full of explosives and guns.

The dude they arrested only said he was on his way to pride, but after the attack in Orlando, there's really do doubt in my mind.

I'm so angry.
I'm so tired.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Ah, just if someone dont know. This week we have the E3

\o/

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Controlling what firearms are available to the public will never stop these types of events, and I dare say that at this point further limitation will not achieve reducing the impact of a dedicated individual. Controlling WHO has access to firearms will significantly decrease them.

All I needed to get my concealed carry license was 4 people to vouch for me, some cash, and a few months worth of time. That's IT, aside from a small chat with the county clerk about the process no one from the government even talked with me to check and make sure I wasn't some sort of crazy. And they haven't checked in since!

I can legally carry around any firearm I buy, completely concealed. Now I'm not the type to go on a killing spree (it's really just futile anyway), but no-one that should have known that decided they might need to check!

Psych evaluations should be mandatory for all carry license applicants, as well as regular check ins after approval.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

And apparently, he WAS on an FBI watchlist so he wouldn't be able to just grab a gun

But they decided it was nothing

Not sure on the source, but from all I can see it would be easy to avoid selling guns to people who are potentially terrorists. But things just didn't go as they should. I'm pretty sure there's going to be some people getting really uncomfortable about not doing their job right soon enough.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Psych evaluations should be mandatory for all carry license applicants, as well as regular check ins after approval.
I think that would be about as thorough, effective, and efficient as the TSA in airports. It would cost a massive amount of money to do a thorough psych evaluation with professional staff, so the government would likely do a half-ass job with minimum wage government employees (whose own psychological well-being might be suspect). I think this would accomplish very little.

I do think we should require basic gun safety classes, though, which would include a short portion on suicide (in which further counseling would be made available). Mass shootings receive the bulk of the publicity because they garner more interest, but the sad fact is that 61% of all gun deaths in the US are actually suicides, almost double the number of gun homicides.

In other words, if you purchase a gun, its most likely use will be to kill yourself... intentionally. If we require safety training and offer additional counseling, we might reduce those numbers. We might even prevent a few homicides, while we're at it.

Cappy

Reputation score

If the restrictions on legal gun purchases go up to a certain point, it'll just make illegal gun trade more prominent. Frankly speaking, illegal guns are more popular amongst criminals at least over here, because there's nothing tying it to you once you throw it away. A relatively cheap handgun with a few bullets missing in a trash can is an unfortunately common occurance in cities a fair distance from my current location.