What's new

In today's news...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

The history of most of the French muslim population pre mass immigration is mainly Algeria, there's a lot one can say about that place and its relation to France, but my knowledge of it doesn't go past the basics.

That said, France is not popular at all among the terrorists because of their help in fighting said terrorists in Mali and other parts of Africa. A theatre we rarely hear about, but is no less extreme than the middle east.

Edit: In other news

Turkish coup

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

A coup(or at least, an attempted coup) happening in Turkey at the moment.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I see the attacks against France as a counter or pre-emptive counter aimed at suppressing the tactic of conversion. If everyone that doesn't want shit to do with radical Islam leaves the middle east, they lose their one and only shield against decisive military action.

Can't level cities full of non-combatants all willy nilly now can we? City full of ISIS? Rubble.

Also WOW, that Turkish president is quite the fuck. "HAY UNARMED CIVILIANS, GATHER IN LARGE GROUPS TO FIGHT TANKS AND AUTOMATIC WEAPONS!"

Last edited:

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Re: The Turkish Coup D'etat
Here's a reddit thread keeping track of stuff in real-time
And here's Erdogan's (The current Turkish president) airplane route on the way to Istanbul.
Now what's odd about this is that parts of it feels staged, Erdogan's flight took off and landed while the coup was supposedly still in effect, if there's armed forces wanting you dead I'm pretty damn sure you do not want to land in the city where they're currently fighting.
This coup seems very tame compared to previous successful coup d'etats to overthrow radical Turkish leaders which shows it's either staged or poorly planned.
I sincerely hope this is a real attempt and not a staged show in order to victimize Erdogan to win the favor of the Turkish people by showing "Hah, you can't kill me".

Cappy

Reputation score

It would be interesting to know whether the guy who responsible for firing on Russian aircraft was involved in the coup. Then again, I don't particularly trust Turkey's government either.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A coup d'état which goals were a bridge, an airport and a TV station... lol.
Sadly for the turks, it seems their dictator and their religion will slowly beat them into submission.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

What kind of military mastermind tries to overthrow the acting head of state, when the head of state isn't even around? Erdogan wasn't even there to be caught/arrested by the military. If they didn't know about his whereabouts, their plans and intelligence were flawed as f*ck. :confused:

Also, now that all this is over, Erdogan arrested countless members of the military, which makes sense. But he also suspended about 3000 judges. Why did he suspend 3000 judges, what did they do? Nothing...yet. Maybe someone wants to make sure certain people don't get a fair prosecution?

This was either a staged coup, or the worst planned and executed coup of the century.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually most coups begin when the head of state is out of country. Don't ask me why but they historically begin when the head of state is gone.

Either way I lean towards the coup being very poorly planned and/or being subverted by Turkish intelligence so that it was completely ineffective. Whichever it is I'm sure Erdogan will try to use it as his own personal Reichstag fire and seizure of more power.

Of course the most concerning thing to me is that I'm pretty sure NATO has nukes kept at Incirlik airbase. Which last time I saw was without power after it was cut by either the coup or anti-coup side.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Recent rumour is that the USA got the coup started

And Erdogoat is pissed about it and threatened the US unless they give him people who he thinks are responsible for it

So basically, it's another big mess

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

Actually most coups begin when the head of state is out of country. Don't ask me why but they historically begin when the head of state is gone.
Really? Honestly, I would've thought having the head of state nearby would make it easy to capture him/her and arrest him/her, while also slowly taking over the rest of the state? It's like taking care of the root of all evil right away.
If Erdogan was captured right from the start, with no word from him to be heard, maybe those enthusiastic civilians who apparently died/were wounded for their beloved leader wouldn't have done it. Or even more might've done it, if their one true leader were captured. Hummm, it's never easy to determine what would've been if...:confused:

Either way I lean towards the coup being very poorly planned and/or being subverted by Turkish intelligence so that it was completely ineffective. Whichever it is I'm sure Erdogan will try to use it as his own personal Reichstag fire and seizure of more power.
I agree. Erdogan initiating this coup would be an all-time low, that wouldn't be too far off his methods to be honest. But I do hope it was an actual, even though really bad, coup, as it kinda makes me feel like there are Turks who are not okay with what's going on, and what's happening to their rights. If it was an actual coup, even though it failed, it shows the world that there are still minds within Turkey that resent Erdogan and his politics.

Recent rumour is that the USA got the coup started

And Erdogoat is pissed about it and threatened the US unless they give him people who he thinks are responsible for it
I read about some former Turkish politician now living in the US maybe, somehow, probably being somehow responsible for this, but at this point newspapers might be pretty much printing anything. And in my personal opinion, I don't think one former Turkish politician would have the US execute a coup that acts and ends so poorly...

Also, I'm still wondering about all those judges who were suspended. The "kind of official word" is that in the high ranks of jurisdiction, there might've been helpers/traitors. Still, I don't see the reason why 3000 judges are removed from their duty when there's so much actual justice to be done soon.....oh wait, maybe I see a point there.

Last edited:

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Also, I'm still wondering about all those judges who were suspended. The "kind of official word" is that in the high ranks of jurisdiction, there might've been helpers/traitors. Still, I don't see the reason why 3000 judges are removed from their duty when there's so much actual justice to be done soon.....oh wait, maybe I see a point there.
He used the whole shebang to clear all opposition from the administration and the army. Whether he organized the coup, knew about it and prepared, or it was really a piss-poor attempt by some generals - it allowed him to do some witch hunting without worrying about reaction from the people.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only problem I have with that is that I think Erdogan is too incompetent to pull this off.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Geez, I was just on there a few hours ago, kickass torrents has been raided by the feds and it's owner has presumably been arrested. All the domains are now offline.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No mention of it yet?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm fairly sure at this point everyone just accepted that both nominations are going to be evils of roughly equal size

So no voting for the lesser evil either, there is none.

As a note without links
Apparently the US police has been shooting more people, and has been shot at again.

So nothing really /new/ I suppose

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Huh, welp. at least there are other sites?
It was one of the better ones left. Easy to tell if a torrent's safe, not too many popups and the trackers actually work. Demonoid's been wonky useless shit for a few years now, and alot of the rats flooded out of TPB recently.

So who knows? More will crop up, because as long as companies charge outrageous prices for products there will be people that want them and can't afford to spend what little money they have on luxuries. And people looking for a bigger E-Peen will supply them and all the other types of leeches.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

God dammit. Nyaa is great for anime stuff but Kickass was where I went for movies and TV shows.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm fairly sure at this point everyone just accepted that both nominations are going to be evils of roughly equal size

So no voting for the lesser evil either, there is none.

As a note without links
Apparently the US police has been shooting more people, and has been shot at again.

So nothing really /new/ I suppose
I gotta figure out more about the third party fringe options at this point. If this many people are voting for Clinton only to be against Trump and vice versa, maybe something like the libertarian might actually have a shot? Gotta be in more advertising/campaigning though