What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Hahaha... Uppercut and Hadou-Ken Hand Gesture don't belong to Capcom. There is no Trademark or Copyright for it.
A spinning uppercut while shouting "SHORYUKEN!" and the Hadouken hand gesture with an energy ball spitting out while shouting "HADOUKEN!" is 100% sure to be copyrighted as property of Street Fighter and Capcom... :rolleyes:

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
A spinning uppercut while shouting "SHORYUKEN!" and the Hadouken hand gesture with an energy ball spitting out while shouting "HADOUKEN!" is 100% sure to be copyrighted as property of Street Fighter and Capcom... :rolleyes:
That's not how copyright works, you can't copyright simple movements, at best you can copyright complex choreographies, like for example an entire dance routine, but even that doesn't guarantee you can win in court. Also both hadouken and shoryuken are compound common words, you can't copyright common speech since you have no claim over it. A trade mark would be a different thing, but just using common words and movements in general is not gonna get to court. At best they send a cease and desist that you ignore and it ends there.

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
That's not how copyright works, you can't copyright simple movements, at best you can copyright complex choreographies, like for example an entire dance routine, but even that doesn't guarantee you can win in court. Also both hadouken and shoryuken are compound common words, you can't copyright common speech since you have no claim over it. A trade mark would be a different thing, but just using common words and movements in general is not gonna get to court. At best they send a cease and desist that you ignore and it ends there.
Well I tried to research it but my searches come up with literally nothing so I guess you're right on that one :oops:

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well I tried to research it but my searches come up with literally nothing so I guess you're right on that one :oops:
Copyright law is very unclear, on purpose, to be honest, the side with the better argument usually wins, because there are no clear cut rules. But you can go on precedent, if something similar happened in the past, and the law has not been entirely rewritten, you can use it to boost your argument. That's more or less how fair use stayes afloat, the only problem being that you actually have to go to court, and that costs money and time. About the cease and desist, it's just a bully tactic from companies to try and shut you down without having to go to court, because an email costs nothing. But they don't usually go through with a court case unless there is either a strong monetary gain, offsetting the court costs, or you are blatantly using their trademarks which might cause them to lose the rights, because of a loss of distintiveness and such. They will fight to the death for those.

You can google "how to lose trademark rights" for some more in-depth info. As for precedents in copyright cases, there's too much stuff.

P.S.
This is by american copyright laws which are used in most cases, this might not apply in the same way in certain countries or at all.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score
So is there any actual playable demo of this yet or is it all just images and video clips?

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
About the only thing I could think of with copyrighting those moves is if Capcom held a patent for them. And I highly doubt an uppercut or shooting a fireball out of your hands in a video game is something you can patent because of how common both of them are.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I find it with no sense since the dev hasn't really done anything big at all and no demo. It's either that people "found out" this dev was the one who made hounds of blade and everyone decided to follow him or just the amount of "stars" the post got...

Reputation score
I find it with no sense since the dev hasn't really done anything big at all and no demo. It's either that people "found out" this dev was the one who made hounds of blade and everyone decided to follow him or just the amount of "stars" the post got...
Maybe people actually like his work?

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Maybe people actually like his work?
I do actually. I follow him on ci-en for the sake of updates. I'd chip in a few bucks but ci-en doesn't accept my card lol

Edit: All japanese based sites hate european credit cards for some reason

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP not up to standard, requires gameplay description and controls. PM Me, Darkfire or Jesus with and updated OP or once you have updated the OP.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Should probably just start a new thread given the game has changed radically now

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
OP not up to standard, requires gameplay description and controls. PM Me, Darkfire or Jesus with and updated OP or once you have updated the OP.
I don't have to. Just merge the first post with the second.

Or, y'know, don't. I did two posts because, while I've never made a post big enough yet, I made this thread under the assumption that this game would eventually turn out to be bigger than Hounds of the Blade by comparing its scale to the scale of Nanaocrisis. And while I'm unsure if there's a character limit for a post, I predicted that I probably would hit it if this game ends up being bigger in scale than Hounds of the Blade. Either way, the first post is more like a cover page and the second has the more nitty-gritty details. It looks cleaner that way, IMO.

Then again, the game is being completely restructured right now and no demos have been released since the previous one about a year ago, so everything is in the process of being changed while nothing has changed currently.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Oh neat. OP updated, thread moved back and re-opened.

kiko

Reputation score

He released a demo for the new game

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

He released a demo for the new game
For the new game he'll never finish?

Also what the crap is this demo? She moves 100 mph and is completely uncontrollable with how fast she is. And also once you get caught you are literally no longer allowed to play.

Last edited:

kiko

Reputation score
For the new game he'll never finish?

Also what the crap is this demo? She moves 100 mph and is completely uncontrollable with how fast she is. And also once you get caught you are literally no longer allowed to play.
one must remain optimistic

That's literally how his older games were :p

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
That's literally how his older games were :p
Yeah but at least in the older games it was based on various stats. You aren't allowed to escape anything here right off the bat. So is there no frame cap yet or something? That's the only reason I can think of that'd make everything move so fast.