What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I'm not sure how fast the game is moving for you guys, but it seems normal to me. She moves fairly quickly but not at an uncontrollable speed. Are you all running it at 60 fps? If you are, perhaps that might be the reason the game seems too fast.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Yeah but at least in the older games it was based on various stats. You aren't allowed to escape anything here right off the bat. So is there no frame cap yet or something? That's the only reason I can think of that'd make everything move so fast.
I mean it's just one area and he said it's for testing purposes

Kamiko

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah but at least in the older games it was based on various stats.
There are actually stats and levels implemented in a similar way to the last game, and your stats get penalized as your suit takes damage.

But because there's only a single 'level', and no menu, there's not currently any way to see them in-game right now.

Looking under the hood seems promising, just lacking in content right now.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Which brings me back to the frame rate theory. Most likely there's no cap, so everything related to movement and quick-time (i.e the struggle bar) is going to be way too fast.

Kamiko

Lurker
Reputation score
Which brings me back to the frame rate theory. Most likely there's no cap, so everything related to movement and quick-time (i.e the struggle bar) is going to be way too fast.
I have the same issue with Unity in general.
Are you playing on a high refresh-rate monitor? It's a common problem in Unity engine games to have gameplay tied to the framerate.
The Framerate is capped in code for this demo, but in Unity framerate caps are overridden by vSync to match the refresh-rate of the monitor it's playing on.

Here's a quick patch to disable vSync so the game (should) play like it was intended on most computers:

And if that's still too fast for you, here's one with the limit set to 30 FPS, so the demo runs at half speed.

Reputation score
Also try both version of the game I think people had problems not using the right one for the super fast bug.

moot

Demon Girl
Reputation score
good demo, this is gonna be great when he ...expands it. guess i cant say finish.