What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

Cloudrunner

Reputation score
Some people have asked whether the cat girl can be one of the main characters.
The author says it's impossible to make two characters at the same time, so only Rena can be manipulated.
That seems like a bizarre excuse to not do it, but if he's only going to do one main character that's fine. I'm more concerned about how clunky the game feels, even compared to Hounds of the Blade, just trying to get in range of people and punch without getting shot or knocked back is a hassle. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just the game.

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score
That seems like a bizarre excuse to not do it, but if he's only going to do one main character that's fine. I'm more concerned about how clunky the game feels, even compared to Hounds of the Blade, just trying to get in range of people and punch without getting shot or knocked back is a hassle. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just the game.
In regards to the character thing. Time and effort wise, I believe it'd not be impossible, but a very foolish endeavor (gives me PX multiple character flashbacks). It'd be interesting to have her as only a playable character later when there's more content done and the balancing is overall better.

Now, gameplay wise I agree with you, the game feels clunky and I remember range being somewhat an issue (that you can use blocking to deal with, except the alley stage), limited stagger on combos and slow recovery too (I feel you can't use combos on the alley stage and expect to win, unless you distance yourself perfectly to land only the roundhouse, the low attack works much better). But these are balancing issues that the dev can approach in many different ways without much difficulty, depends on his willingness and creativity (he may like the game the way it is and not want to change it).

But I remember Hounds of Blade being quite similar, with the physics mario-esque movement. I think the biggest difference is that in that game you had a sword so the dev made the stagger and range overall more reliable.

Edit: Oops, wrote Meteor instead of Blade at the end there.

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

New update, for 500 yen plan only though.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

New update, for 500 yen plan only though.
Just read the new enemies and the rat and bat ended up being small? Huh that's a first, so the rat is like a follower (Unless she exposes her parts) and the bat doesn't do much until her armor gets broken

seasonofdragon

Reputation score
I'd like to buy this but i actually dont have a credit Card. I once used Paypal to buy Points from DL site but it seems like it doesnt work with Paypal anymore? Is there another method you know of to support him and buy the game?

Reputation score
I'd like to buy this but i actually dont have a credit Card. I once used Paypal to buy Points from DL site but it seems like it doesnt work with Paypal anymore? Is there another method you know of to support him and buy the game?
Paypal can still be used, to buy all-aged items only.
The only way I know for buying dlsite points without using credit card is BitCash.
However, you need to find someone selling BitCash points, and the serial code for charging points are in Japanese Hiragana.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
It should still work. You have to log into the all ages version of the site and top up from there with paypal. Then log into the ero site and you're points should be there. If you try doing it from the ero side it blocks out paypal.

seasonofdragon

Reputation score
It should still work. You have to log into the all ages version of the site and top up from there with paypal. Then log into the ero site and you're points should be there. If you try doing it from the ero side it blocks out paypal.
Thats what i thought too, but if i go to the site where i think that it's used to be for buying Points, there are a bunch of Options but PayPal isnt one of them. On the english site however it ist in fact possible to use PayPal to buy Points so i dont know if i am doing something wrrong or it's just not possible on the japanese site.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
silly rat thinking cheese is up her pussycat. I don't understand this guy three games with like the same story I don't see this plot taken off any more then the last ones....but I do like these "dick" monsters that hes started using.

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score
So what happens if the pollution is maxed out?
Didn't play the translated version yet. But from what I tested yesterday, the higher it is, the higher your base Estrus gets (meaning after you rest, it won't return to 0 but a higher value).

I don't think it does anything special by being maxed out yet.

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So what happens if the pollution is maxed out?
Like Luckcrazy said, it basically makes Rena more sensitive, making her cum faster and makes resisting harder. That's all it does so far.

In the May update, according to Inui's blog posts, apparently dialogue will be slightly different to reflect the Pollution level.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Alright so I haven't really played this much up until now but
How the ever living hell are you supposed to bet the thugs?
There's only 5 of them but you take so much damage and there doesn't seem to be any reliable way to hit all of them without at least one getting in a cheapshot.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Alright so I haven't really played this much up until now but
How the ever living hell are you supposed to bet the thugs?
There's only 5 of them but you take so much damage and there doesn't seem to be any reliable way to hit all of them without at least one getting in a cheapshot.
Jump around!
Jump around!
Jump around!
Jump up, jump up and get down!
Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! (Everybody jump)
Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!
Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! (Everybody jump)
Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!
Jump!

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Alright that is the worst first level in the history of man.
Everything about it is so badly designed it amazes me he thought it was a good idea
Remove all your powers, face you off against five guys with twice your attack reach and you can only hit one at a time while they can stand on top of each other and stunlock you from full to half health in less then a second. What the fuck was Inu thinking, and why the hell hasn't he retuned it yet?

EDIT: For clarities sake, I did beat it.
It only took 15ish tries. XD

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Everything about it is so badly designed it amazes me he thought it was a good idea
Remove all your powers, face you off against five guys with twice your attack reach and you can only hit one at a time while they can stand on top of each other and stunlock you from full to half health in less then a second. What the fuck was Inu thinking, and why the hell hasn't he retuned it yet?

Well it's suppose to be the set up for the whole story. Basically her original combat suit would have started out incredibly op. It gave a somewhat decent reason to de-buff her essentially and gives you an idea why if her suit loses power you're essentially fucked. At least they give you a chance to struggle and win, instead of say making her be raped in the storyline. I would like it if she could've de-powered the suit and then she fought in her regular clothes (since she did say she could've taken them but the suit is what made it difficult) but that'd probably make him have to make more assets and such. I do like how instead of being able to heal infinitely you actually have to plan ahead and if things get dicey, have to exit the level to rest or use items. I'm assuming their will be little rest spots where you can use items to fix your suit and heal yourself as well.

Tl;DR every single game where they use some reason to de-power you so you don't just kick ass right from the start, and also shows why the suit should never become in a weak state.

Cum Commando

Reputation score

The mad lad actually did it, you were supposed to lose.
What even happens when you beat it?