What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade: Rena's Side-Story

Why does he need to finish HoB? Its a fap action game, its not like there is some good story or developments that he needs to finish. Once he is bored of seeing one girl gets fucked he moves on to another. I can understand if you prefer Aya to this girl but that is just a matter of personal preference. Personally I think both this girl and Aya are uglier than the Nanocrisis girl.

Dzhazgo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Matter of personal preference
yea, but in both nano and hotb body type of most heroines was curvy with normal breasts. but this girl's jars are huge. does that mean author changed his preferences in mc (cuz she's one involved in most Hscenes)? i hate huge bust - that's all

also face is still weird. but i kinda got used to previous characters, but... i don't even know. only faces i ever considered somewhat normal are those of elves in bar.

and cloth is garbage now. i do understand what it is henshin and all, but why does it have to look so ridiculous? and average cloth is becoming more and more sluttish with every game for no particular reason

ps.
all that ^ [imho]
i dont care about funding model selection (since i'm not sure if i'm interested in game anymore) all that much, i just think, what patreon was mistake overall

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Pfft someone gonna give money a dude that never was finished their games? honestly...
He has always delivered new content. Why need a finished game when the content is of such high quality. But his intention is to try to become full time on this based on my interpretation of his post translated through Google...

Meaning he wants to deliver more content. He does not promise he will finish a game but with Inui it is not about having a finished game it is about getting fresh content to play, new animations, new enemies new GOR, etc...

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

We might get something better though in the wrong on. Don't misunderstand, I would rather him continue too and learn english, but whenever he does start a new project, he tends to improve the graphics and add more content. Problem is the lack incentive to finish a project.
Can't tell if I'm cringing or crying but the pain is nonnegotiable
Good hit

On the more serious note, since he's a lone dev, I doubt it's going to take a horrible turn. The last major thing I saw drop in production was Breeding Season, although I much preferred it over it's predecessor.
Keeping things on track, I hope he works on image as well. I agree the current MC is just plain hard to look at. Not so much on beauty as it is on... Bone structure.

Devilofcain

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sorry to ask, but could anyone tell me if this game is compatible with AMD GPU? hounds of the blade wasn't compatible, and it seems that this game will use the same engine as HOTB so... sorry for bad english, not my primary language.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

sorry to ask, but could anyone tell me if this game is compatible with AMD GPU? hounds of the blade wasn't compatible, and it seems that this game will use the same engine as HOTB so... sorry for bad english, not my primary language.
This one will use a different engine, Unity. He has been talking about Unity for a while now, it is part of the reason he is starting a new game.

legraf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its a fap action game, its not like there is some good story or developments that he needs to finish. [...] I can understand if you prefer Aya to this girl but that is just a matter of personal preference.
I liked the story, and hoped to see much more of it. And the backstory, for me, added greatly to the appeal, made Aya & Sylvie characters I wanted to follow - and, of course, see in interesting situations.

"Personal preference" is right - and I prefer consistent story, and found what was built up around Aya really spoke to my own preferences. But Inui's more than earned my support already, so I'm looking forward to the Patreon.

But if all that matters to you is the character's appearance, well, that's fine. Your preference. Though on that score, I really wish many developers didn't suffer from progressive breast inflation with every new game or engine. I'm looking at you too, Scale Garden! :)

Freddeboy166

Reputation score

Anyone know when we will get our first version release? Can't wait:D
He already has the completed Cobolio scene and a completed Tester on his Twitter. Couple of months-->a year...maybe?
Other than her transformation form feeling a little too...well slutty, i think its pretty nice. But i hope he's gonna use this version of her normal form:
And it would be strange if he didn't include some scenes with her in her normal form... maybe an ambush by the Cobolio?
Hounds of the blade 9.jpg

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

According to the new blog post, it seems more like it'll be a top-down perspective compared to side scrolling. Looks like there'll be a close-up view on the side of the screen as well.

Kinda reminds me of Wolfenstahl's "The Last Demon Hunter" which was an unfinished test project that got bigger than it ever intended to. And even though that was more of a practice test I rather liked that game FWIW.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Saw "top down" and went to check the blog while kicking my head in.

Apparently it's more like some sort of ATB-based Strategy RPG what he has in mind, according to the description.

Still gonna kick my head in tho.

Glyce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ach, I usually avoid RPGs due to how text-heavy they are on mechanics, which becomes a problem when it's in a language I don't know. I'll hold out hope that it won't be too bad and wait for a demo to see.

SkullR3aper

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New blog update about the battle screen interface

It says there will be a trial version but it will take some time.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

RIP Act :\

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Basically that everybody expected this to be another action game like the other two, but it's going to be an strategery rpg instead.
Or at least looks a lot like it.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It looks like it was inspired by this: