What's new

[Complete - Partial] [Jamming Software] Succubus Maze (サキュバスメイズ/RJ138375)

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Game thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/jamming-software-succubus-maze-sakyubasumeizu-re138375-rj138375.5867/

Okay, I'll give up. More than I can chew.
I managed to implement a working machine translation for this (good old) game.

Of course, I am not satisfied with googlish quality, and started refining (very liberally) the battle messages. I've mostly worked with the Succubus, to get a grasp on how much time this would be weighting.... Answer is: too much for me. But I doubt anyone got a working English patch thus far. So here I am.

Currently I estimate 5-10% of the game is in English, the rest is 100% googlish. I have not bothered with the story, but you might notice a slight difference if you happen to flirt with Succubi lots - who wouldn't?.

Please report any bug/freeze you might encounter, this isn't 100% playtested, but I'm confident I haven't overlooked any major issue.
Any bug reported will be a piece of cake to fix if you report the event sequence that led to it.
Feel free to keep messing with the commonEvents in my footsteps, I won't take offense (nor continue refining myself... Probably)
See posts below and the good news for update details.

This patch was made using version 1.06. Backup your /data folder in any case.
Please refer to the relevant threads and resources if you do not know how to extract a rgssad file and/or how to apply this.

edit 23/06: No reply = no issue? Good to hear!
* added the 2 recollection rooms in real English. I also reworked the menu for my your convenience, and implemented a random pick for stages & enemy warps. These 2 files overwrite the last.
edit 02/07: added English Items and some minor menu things, because why not?

edit 25/02/2001:
- further refined the work done over at F95. Extract/overwrite in extracted vanilla game.
More info in the readmes and the save crystal. Absolutely go to a save crystal straight away if you're trying to load an old save (which may or may not work).
Reminder: new game+ things are saved in your PublicData.rvdata, not in your regular save files.

Attachments

Last edited:

bsmit1995

Reputation score
You are freakin legendary .thanks for the translation i hope you finish it but if not thanks for your work!

OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You're welcome! (minor additions in OP, by the way)
I'll probably leave it as is: story isn't exactly enthralling, and I'm the worst when it comes to translating "Ara, ara, you like that?" in 147 different ways 😓

@ Anyone: feel free to take it from here.

lomp

Reputation score
hi can u explain me how can u translate the game with what logiciel?

OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
hi can u explain me how can u translate the game with what logiciel?
I was thinking about creating a thread here, but:
- translator++ is very intuitive and easy to use (perhaps too much so)
- I'd rather have less people using it, but more people with actual jp knowkedge and willingness to make an actual translation, not a MTL

T++'s home:
Full documentation:
Bon courage with ze logiciel!

Chaos135

Reputation score
Funny enough, I actually started working on a translation of this game using Translator++ back in 2019/2020. I was actually doing pretty well, too, until I ran into some sort of problem with the translator which wouldn't let the new translations appear in game. I'd be willing to take up a full fixed translation if anyone can help with problems I might find along the way. This game really deserves a proper patch, it's a shame.

OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
<poker face> I have good news and bad news.

For the bad news:
1- apparently I'm an idiot who didn't finish what I started, and left many dialogue lines broken... Doh. Self-facepalm.
2- no one bothered to tell me, after... 9 months? You guys were just afraid to hurt my feelings, right? Awww.
3- oh noes, they stole my work! Kidding, I don't mind in the slightest. Just read the good news:

Now for the good news:
Some unknown guys over at F95, whom I shall henceforth refer to as Abel and Cain (for no reason :unsure:) have done most of the work I had left (like, only 85% of the game). With some caped seafood too?? ;)

Yes, that means, you can now have Succubus Maze in proper English, story n' all. Mostly, at least.

I'll pilfer back from them and have a running version here (just the modified files over the original game, as before). After giving it a good check. And squash bugs and stuff. Hopefully, they won't be bugs I've spawned myself 😅 Ah ah...
You could get it there in the meanwhile, but I'd recommend waiting 'till they fixed the last-minute bugs; seems like they just merged the 2 versions they had.

Reminder: JammingSoftware should be having another work, Succubus Labyrinth, out before April. Keep some love for the sequel!

edit: definitely more than I can chew... But I really want this dealt with before Academia comes out, for better or worse.
I had the QoL changes I intended worked out already (mostly in my head...) but I certainly won't be able to go through all 10k lines of text.
Well, I'll do my best :censored:

Last edited:

Chaos135

Reputation score
Wow, kind of crazy how suddenly there was a bunch of English patches(at least, relative to the past) for this game in only a few months. I’d expected the game to sit idle and never be translated, sad as that sounds.

But hey! Excited to see what Jamming Software can do with a new game. It’s only been what, 6 years? Either way, I expect I’ll be happy with what we get.

OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Updated OP with new patch, as promised
Includes Abel's stuff as well as my own on top. Quite a lot done behind the scenes... Which might show! If you wanted to revisit an old classics, now's the time ;)