What's new

Jumpers Rebirth

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Jumpers Rebirth

Yeah. Then I'll lose everything, and I won't be able to GM ever.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, if the government is making you unable to GM now, I can't see what you have to lose. :D

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, you'd be surprised, my reptilian friend.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Holy fuck it's starting up before I turn 25....

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's something that I just realized might become a problem that I want a group consensus on: time.

Some people who play this are on more often than others, and since 4 of the good team members posted before one of the evil team members even got on, I realized that it could become a major problem.

For instance: the distance each team is to the final boss is roughly the same. But if one team plays more often, they could easily get to the boss much faster than the other team in real time, even if it should be the same amount of game time.

What do you guys think can be done to avoid this? I don't want to force anything on the players, as anyone might have real life issues that prevent from posting for a week or more, but it does need addressing.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

You could always make it so if one team gets to far ahead then that team has to take break... It's something I wouldn't mind doing but I dunno if others would want to agree to it <.<

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well, you did post these in the morning and people in North America might not be able to post while at work, so... Give it a full day to trickle through.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

There's something that I just realized might become a problem that I want a group consensus on: time.

Some people who play this are on more often than others, and since 4 of the good team members posted before one of the evil team members even got on, I realized that it could become a major problem.

For instance: the distance each team is to the final boss is roughly the same. But if one team plays more often, they could easily get to the boss much faster than the other team in real time, even if it should be the same amount of game time.

What do you guys think can be done to avoid this? I don't want to force anything on the players, as anyone might have real life issues that prevent from posting for a week or more, but it does need addressing.
I've been thinking of this for a while too, Tassadar. I couldn't come up with a good way to solve it, but this just struck me...

What if 'World Turns' forced people to stop and take a rest? The characters could gain HP back from just taking a short break before night fell/day broke. It would give players a chance to roleplay a bit, but also give late posters a chance to catch up.

Or, you could just enact an old rule I had: If someone doesn't post in 24 hours, the team mates choose their actions.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The 24 hour rule seems like it'd work fine for everyone.

I'm with Slith's idea.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

yes im also with Slith's idea. It will help if someone have problems to log in (computer maintenance, parents, government,illness, death, etc)

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

For example, I'm attending a wedding tommorow so I might not have to post

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

I like the 24 hours idea... sometimes im busy with homework and I dont want to slow things down...

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So... Are we using square based combat, or just, "I attack that person" combat?

I think the way you use action points to move seems very fitting to square based combat... Else, you wouldn't have to move at all, because no battle map would be in place...

Plus, I think it would add a neat strategy element to the game. :D Like a perverted version of Final Fantasy Tactics! :O!!!

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So... Are we using square based combat, or just, "I attack that person" combat?

I think the way you use action points to move seems very fitting to square based combat... Else, you wouldn't have to move at all, because no battle map would be in place...

Plus, I think it would add a neat strategy element to the game. :D Like a perverted version of Final Fantasy Tactics! :O!!!
Yes, that's actually exactly how I envisioned it. I'm not sure on how to visually represent it to you, unless you all want to pick colors for your characters and I can make little drawings in paint using the grid I made for the world map. There will be things like elevations and choke points that I hope to make relevant, such as a character on high ground having an advantage in melee or a tank holding a space between two rocks while the ranged characters fall back to a better position so the tank can get some cover fire while she falls back. I intend to have it so that blindly charging in will most likely result in rape, since the creatures will often outnumber the characters, and will try to divide the group and capture them.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Oooohhh if you want to make a color for mine it'd be green!

In fact I might change the text to green now...

<.<

>.>

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So, tomoe, you're having your character go a different way than at least 4 out of the other 5 characters are heading...?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That would definitely work, although I don't know how hard it'd be on you to do this.

I used a program called, "RPG Maker XP" when I used grid combat when I, "played with myself" in another little game project. I used things like which way a character was facing when considering how hard it was for them to dodge an attack. Just like in FFT, you could move your characters, (or enemies) behind a combatant, and attack from behind, getting a better chance to hit.

Here's an example of what I mean, since I'm not good at explaining things. :p

(This is RPG Maker VX, by the way, not XP. I recommend using XP, as it's much better.)

Based on this, I could say via (X, Y) coordinates, that Shiva is at point, (6, 8)

Just an idea in hope to make your life easier. :eek:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks for the idea RJ, I might just use that. I've tinkered with those things since RPG Maker 2000, but I never finished anything.

Also, note that the groups don't necessarily have to stay together. I wouldn't recommend splitting up, since I'm not going to tone down the encounters for a lonesome player character, but it is altogether possible.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

... That's good to know because some characters have better capabilities as scouts then others =P