What's new

Kagura Games' translations general discussion

Veltiel

Reputation score
What I love about Kagura: Apostle and Island Saga.

Translating games from what it will be one of the best and biggest indie eroge developers, Kamichichi, it's an absolute win. Seriously, Apostle it's a well made Persona esque eroge. Can't wait for Apostle 2.

Mister_cat

Reputation score
Things I love about Kagura:

-Great games selection
-Uncensoring
-No cringe on their translations
-They work with the authors so everything is all nice and legal. (No risk of cease and desist)

Things I don´t like:

-Too many works at once, afraid they might be overworking themselves
-I feel like they have a lack of communication with their audience, though that might be on me.
-Feel like they could benefit from holding a suggestion form, so that fans can choose a game that we feel deserves a proper translation and uncensoring patch.

Honestly don't have a lot of complains, most of the things are just pet-peeves.

OP
SoulLess Child

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
is there supposed to be a thread about Public Defence Corp?

Edit: it's an alternate name for Civilian Justice League 2 (locked thread)

Last edited:

dazedanon19

Reputation score
So how exactly does Kagura keep afloat financially? I imagine having a team of translators and programmers ain't cheap. Looking at their site, the lack of comments and ratings makes me think their sales there can't be much better. Do they get a cut via Steam? That's the only place I can see them making some of their cash back.

IMO super happy to have them at all. Their translations are always great, and they have good taste in choosing what to translate.