What's new

Kagura Games' translations general discussion

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
General thread to discuss Kagura Games and the translations they do.
Hopefully, this will reduce the bitching in the games' discussion threads.

Sites list:

Game list (ULMF Threads):
* [Another Story] Fallen ~Makina and the City of Ruins~ / Fallen ~ Town of Heritage and Makina, The Blazing Hair~ / Fallen ~炎髪のマキナと遺跡の町~ (RE196616) (RJ196616)
* [Another Story] Fallen ~Makina and the City of Ruins~ (Localization)

* [73号坑道 ] Lilipalace -淫魔の巣窟- (RJ076303)
* [TUNNEL no.73] Lilipalace (English Localization on Steam, Manga Gamer, and JAST USA)

* [Acerola] トレジャーハンタークレア~精液を集める冒険家~ / Treasure Hunter Claire ~Cum Collecting Adventurer~ (RJ195774)
* [Acerola] Treasure Hunter Claire (English Localization on Steam, Manga Gamer, and JAST USA)

* [Acerola] 寝取られ委員長幸乃~頼まれると断りきれない委員長のHな日常~ / NTRed Class Rep Yukino ~H Days of Class Rep Who Can't Say No~(RJ212828)
* [Acerola] President Yukino (English Localization on Steam)

* [ Hasoyua ] [ ハソユア] Seed of Evil / 花開く魔種 (RE186190) (RJ186190)
* [Hasoyua] Seed of Evil (English Localization on Steam)

* [ あせろら / Acerola] 性義の怪盗セリアーヌ~エロトラップダンジョンの先のお宝を奪え!~ / Seizure of sexuality Celierne (RJ222920) / Celierne, Thief Of Justice ~Go Through The Ero Trap Dungeon To Get Treasures!~
* [Acerola] Phantom Thief Celianna (English Localization on Steam)

* [TechnoBrake] Leviathan (RJ183185)
* [TechnoBrake] Leviathan ~A Survival RPG~ (English Localization on Steam, JAST USA, MangaGamer)

* [Poison] Slave's Sword / ~自由都市編~ (RJ177899)

* [えのきっぷ / Enokippu ] くノ一牡丹 / Kunoichi Botan(RE204823, RJ204823)
(more to be added later.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, first I'll start by things Kagura mentionned about their own way of doing thing (mostly on their discord).

1) Each project is a 1 - 2 translators team.
2) they keep in touch with the dev and only make change (like title / character name change....) with the dev authorization
3) they only commit a release date when they are sure to be able to release the game at that time (usually an announcemnet 1 - 4 weeks before release)
4) for thoses interested, Kagura hold a free steam key handover (usually for a specific game or a random game), on their discord, or more increasingly on their twitter. And you usually have 24 - 72 h to enter the contest.

They release their game on Steam (all age version, adult patch free to download on their site), Fakku and JAST. Some game got a release on Nutaku or Mangagamer, but so far it's the exception to the rule.

@ SoulLess Child : you might want to add the discord if it's not again the forum rule.

I'll enter the discussion in aother post :p

Bryanis

Reputation score
Interesting to see that many peoples had choices words for Kagura in every thread, and yet no one come to commennt, discuss or debate here (Might tell something about the forum user ;) ).

Anyway, I'll start off the debate (maybe).

What I like about Kagura :

They bring lot of Japanese game to the westerner with their translation. Let's face it, the big translating companies (Jast, mangagamer....) don't dealt with rpg maker, wolf rpg... and other small time game - They take care of the big VN / ADV.

We got good translations (ok, sometime we don't agree with some of there choice but what ? when you got to make a choice, you can't please everyone) - for a decent price (although when it's an old game, it sometime seem pricey).

The translations usually got decensored H CG.

Kagura provide support for the translated game (as far as it's their fault - no original bug but the one caused during the translation), and they are usually really quick to update the game.
They sell the game through multipler seller.

What I don't like about Kagura :

They don't communicate project advancement or release ETA !

They advertise too many project at once - even when they know some will be really long project.

You never know if they got arrangement with dev for other translation than the actual translated game.

Since their CM never discuss project advancement or game content, he usually gave off the feeling of not doing his job (sadly, for the rest he's really doing his job, but most of the question are resting unanswered - I understand he can't copy paste to all the "forbiden" question the same "can't talk about it" answer).

Tewi

Reputation score
Interesting to see that many peoples had choices words for Kagura in every thread, and yet no one come to commennt, discuss or debate here (Might tell something about the forum user ;) ).
Are there controversies sorrounding Kagura? I've only played a few of their translations but I never had any problems.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Are there controversies sorrounding Kagura? I've only played a few of their translations but I never had any problems.
Mostly peoples bickering about release date, or thing like shota character tagged as "gnome" in the all age steam release (gnome reference removed with the adult patch...).
Some passionate flamming about game choosen or not choosen for translation...

If you read through most of the thread of game they translated (or are translating), you often found negative comments.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
What I don't like about Kagura :

They don't communicate project advancement or release ETA !

They advertise too many project at once - even when they know some will be really long project.

You never know if they got arrangement with dev for other translation than the actual translated game.

Since their CM never discuss project advancement or game content, he usually gave off the feeling of not doing his job (sadly, for the rest he's really doing his job, but most of the question are resting unanswered - I understand he can't copy paste to all the "forbiden" question the same "can't talk about it" answer).
This is why they treat kagura as a joke regarding the called "TBA Hell", they have now 21 games in "Upcoming releases" (Kubel will at least release on 24 of july), i read in some other threads that the translation for the most oldest games is quite done BUT the coding on the translation/game is what it's taking so long, either they broke stuff within the game or something else.

I'm just waiting for Kozue's strange journey and Demon melissa, which one of these games is TBA hell for a year already(?)

Sir Phoenix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I like Kagura in the sense that they have good taste in games to translate. I am hyped that they are doing Kozue's Strange Journey, and I am hoping they will retro go back and do the first game of the series.

Bryanis

Reputation score
This is why they treat kagura as a joke regarding the called "TBA Hell", they have now 21 games in "Upcoming releases" (Kubel will at least release on 24 of july), i read in some other threads that the translation for the most oldest games is quite done BUT the coding on the translation/game is what it's taking so long, either they broke stuff within the game or something else.

I'm just waiting for Kozue's strange journey and Demon melissa, which one of these games is TBA hell for a year already(?)
Yeah, Kozue is pretty at the top of my own list. Melissa has been WIP for 2 years. Probably the biggest problem is that they WANT (need ?) to sell it on steam. But they can't put loli in it, or the MC is Loli whatever way you look at it....

And the other end, dev can communicate about progress - Gyu just done that : said that knight of messiah was 50% done (for the translation) and that he was planning to get the next project translated as well. Good news, but since he got the 50 % from Kagura, we don't even know what it mean (50% of the text translated don't mean 50% of the work for exemple).

We don't know anything about their deal with developper.

Look at Baron Segnia. They did Escape from Lugohm fortress (which had a full fan translation), and no info about Aisha 2nd adventure or Evening starter (both already having a full fan translation by the same tranlator), and no new for Aisha 3rd adventure.

Another exemple of lack of comunication is the circle "Asaki yumemishi". They did Ordeal of princess Eris, no they're working on Kozue's... Yet when asked why they transformed Retina name in Letina, the answer was "Because it would feel weird to be in a dungeon full of eyesballs" - a direct reference to the circle first work "Dungeon of Retina". Most peoples interpreted this as an indirect confirmation of an incoming translation of this work. So far, no info on the subject, from them or the dev.

You can also look at Sprite hill. They made the alternate dimmension translation (which had a full fan translation), and no new about another project (if only pixel town 1st, which also got a full fan trans).

The lack of communication and the vast amount of announced project ( ) is really putting peoples on edges...

OP
SoulLess Child

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
If anyone want to help with the lists for the opening post, you are welcome to do so.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Kagura just openned their own shop - avaiable directly form their website.

You can pre order the WIP... but there no more info about release date there than on the other place.

Oh, and for the occassion they are making a free entry gaveaway contest. In short, you register to the list of candidate to particiapte at, and a few random lucky guy got a free gaveaway game (usually a random steam key, but with their own site, maybe you'll be able to grab the reward from Kagura shop and not steam)...

OP
SoulLess Child

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Kagura just openned their own shop - avaiable directly form their website.

You can pre order the WIP... but there no more info about release date there than on the other place.

Oh, and for the occassion they are making a free entry gaveaway contest. In short, you register to the list of candidate to particiapte at, and a few random lucky guy got a free gaveaway game (usually a random steam key, but with their own site, maybe you'll be able to grab the reward from Kagura shop and not steam)...
are they partnering with Fakku?

Bryanis

Reputation score
Hmm, they didn't mentionned anything about partnering on their site.
I didn't follow the link for participating on the free lotery - link on their homepage, so feel free to try it out.

Only thing they really point out is that anything you get through a 3rd party site : here they mean a partner like steam or Jast) isn't their responsability (ie ; it's the 3rd party job to provide support - other than the debug free patch - and any promotion on kagura site isn't mean for 3rd party site (meaning if they make a sale or offer goodies, the 3rd party site won't neccesiraly have the same sale or goodie to offer).

OP
SoulLess Child

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Hmm, they didn't mentionned anything about partnering on their site.
I didn't follow the link for participating on the free lotery - link on their homepage, so feel free to try it out.

Only thing they really point out is that anything you get through a 3rd party site : here they mean a partner like steam or Jast) isn't their responsability (ie ; it's the 3rd party job to provide support - other than the debug free patch - and any promotion on kagura site isn't mean for 3rd party site (meaning if they make a sale or offer goodies, the 3rd party site won't neccesiraly have the same sale or goodie to offer).
Yeah, sorry, should have just clicked a certain link:

Tewi

Reputation score
Yeah, sorry, should have just clicked a certain link:
Holy crap the difference in regional pricing, that fakku game alone is worth 6 -7 non fakku ones.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, this particular game is a VN while all the other game translated by Kagura so far are RPG maker (or the like) game. I think the price came from the difference in game type / engine - and possibly since I haven't played it, the amount of text (some H VN are really heavy on text) to translate.

Tewi

Reputation score
Well, this particular game is a VN while all the other game translated by Kagura so far are RPG maker (or the like) game. I think the price came from the difference in game type / engine - and possibly since I haven't played it, the amount of text (some H VN are really heavy on text) to translate.
It is because of fakku. I did check on Kagura's site and Kagura's steam store. The VN game is available on both stores. On steam it's around the same price of the other games (225 ARS) but on kagura's fakku it's 1740 ARS. I guess it must be because fakku's stand-alone store doesn't accept my currency.