What's new

RPG Patreon [Kenkou Cross] Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I used translator++ to translate the game and found that one of the files, maybe the scrips, failed to translate, leaving my names also still in jap. It might be possible that that same error is happening here.
Translator ++ has issues when trying to auto-translate this.

There's issues with tons of double quotation marks.
Some scripts require quotation marks as signifiers, and the there are quotes inside of the quotation marks. Like for instance, an example quest:

"Can you please find [My sanity]. I beg you"
Gets translated as:
"Can you please find "My sanity". I beg you"

The problem is, the quotes depict the beginning and end of the code base in this area so..
[My sanity] and all the text afterwards throws an error.

There's also a lot of lines that are definitely supposed to be left untranslated inside scripts that will throw Errors if you try and translate them.

That being said, item descriptions and other such text are not picked up by Translator++

EDIT: So I've made changes to the .trans documents as there were a lot of errors in it.
Sadly... item use is completely broken, and I can't fix it. I don't think Translator++ will be too helpful in fully translating this game in the longrun.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
highlighting how each item has its own icon in the menu, and monsters will react to you using items in front of them during battle.

Last edited:

Overlurker

Reputation score
highlighting how each item has its own icon in the menu, and monsters will react to you using items in front of them during battle.

Nice more exploration for dumb uses of items such as one that increases lust for yourself just to see how they react to it

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Nice more exploration for dumb uses of items such as one that increases lust for yourself just to see how they react to it
It increases your charm though? Makes your attacks do more damage to their love gauge.
Combat system is largely superficial though. It takes effort to lose. Like you have to be next level bad to actually lose since the girls will rape you after your Love reaches 100% which in turn raises their lust a few times.

Basically you can cum first at 100% love with like a 10% different in love and still win, and that's not to mention the fact that as long as you don't cum while at 100% lust you still have the opportunity to fight.
__
Soooo guys.
I've been thinking about the MGERPG world recently. After the translation tool's update made translations more accurate I decided to replay the game and read some MGE content on the wiki.

1) Isn't this place heaven for asshole male characters?
Like... imagine the assholest of asshole MCs... uhhh Rance for example.
Imagine Rance in the world of MGE. He'd have it so easy!

Just walk up to a girl and rape her. Monster girls in this game never say no, and won't deny rape so boom instant wife. When they become your wife they're highly subservient to you and just do what you want. Use the girls to make money or do some other thing, walk up to another monster girl and rape her. What are they gonna do? Say no?

If you find a dragon, trick her then rape her. Her treasures all yours now. What's she gonna do fight you? All pain is converted into pleasure or some shit so it's not like the girls have any means of defense.

I always thought there was something weird about the MGE short stories... The stories Kenkou tells HYPER RELY on the male leads being good people. That entire world's logic is flimsy to begin with, but the simple existence of unrepentant asshole characters would be enough to break the logic in that world.

Now I get why Monster Girl Quest changed so much about the world XD.

2) The trait imbalance in that universe makes objectively no sense.
So the religious order wants to kill all monsters.
The monster lord wants to convert the entire world in to the mamono realm and make it so monster girls can give birth to men.

Weirdly enough the monster side is objectively in the right about everything. They literally have ALL of the good traits and none of the bad ones.
Purity and saving yourself for the man you like? That's on the monster side. Lol even succubi tend to only have 1 partner.
Respect for others different from yourself? That's on the monster side.

You know what would make sense for me?
If the light order or whatever they're called. The human side with heroes, valued purity, sanctity of marriage and monogamous relationships.
The monster side valued hedonism, pleasure, hyper lustful super gangbangs.

And maybe there was a third path of people who didn't agree with the monster lord or the light order. They valued the concept of marriage, but didn't want the shackles that limited lust and pleasure.

Now the struggle between the monster side and the side of heroes would actually make sense to be at a standstill. The corruption angle in a lot of the stories would be way better too. The girls getting corrupted by the monsters are just becoming more honest with their desires. They don't fully fall into the pit of hedonism and take 10 orc dicks a day like the monster side would expect, but decide to be more honest about their lustful desires to their loved one and bask in that pleasure.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I don't really disagree with the rest of your post, but I'll point out that MGQ is a different setting than MGE, even if it is clearly inspired by it.

Tenma

Reputation score
Really, any hentai logic depends on suspension of disbelief to extreme levels. First of all, in MGQ or the Monster Girl Encyclopedia we're looking at a medieval society, where the monsters have no natural predators and nothing holding them back from a population, presumably. This would be recipe for a total ecosystem collapse, humanity would be fucked out of existence or into a position similar to livestock and then the monster girls would experience a population collapse. Literally, any form of balance put a system of light 'human' god vs dark 'monster' god is just there to excuse everything away.

A world like Poring's castle of Temptation is a better representation of how such a world would at least of level of logic and work. Not too complex, just devils and humanity in a mutualistic existence.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
where the monsters have no natural predators and nothing holding them back from a population, presumably. This would be recipe for a total ecosystem collapse, humanity would be fucked out of existence or into a position similar to livestock and then the monster girls would experience a population collapse. Literally, any form of balance put a system of light 'human' god vs dark 'monster' god is just there to excuse everything away.
Humans have no natural predators IRL though? Top of the food chain right now aren't we XD

In the world of MGQ it's said that having children with monsters is really difficult. Like... it takes a lot of sperm for high level monsters to give birth, and most die without having children.
Regarding humanity being fucked out of existence, is that likely? Their world's logic is different remember. There are people who live in Sabasa, and adventurers who are strong enough to make it to Sphinx. Luca isn't the only powerhouse in that world.

I'd say yeah, there's a side that's stronger but that doesn't necessarily mean they'd take over.

Literally, any form of balance put a system of light 'human' god vs dark 'monster' god is just there to excuse everything away.
I disagree with this.
Have you played SFW JRPGs like Dragon Quest 5?

It's not an excuse but a method to create long-lasting conflict in an apolitical fashion.

I don't really disagree with the rest of your post, but I'll point out that MGQ is a different setting than MGE, even if it is clearly inspired by it.
Isn't Kenkou Cross the artist for Alice and the first slime in the game?

Like he was clearly involved at one point but the story and world probably changed too much for his liking and he became less involved. The similarities between the worlds makes me think that MGQ was originally a MGE property but stuff changed in development, though that's just me making guesses.

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Isn't Kenkou Cross the artist for Alice and the first slime in the game?

Like he was clearly involved at one point but the story and world probably changed too much for his liking and he became less involved. The similarities between the worlds makes me think that MGQ was originally a MGE property but stuff changed in development, though that's just me making guesses.
He is their artist (and Erubetie's artist as well), but that doesn't necessarily mean he had input on the story.

There aren't that many similarities between the worlds. They do share many of the monster types, but there's also lots of differences like:
  • MGE has human-to-monster transformation be a common thing while MGQ doesn't
  • MGE has spirit energy (possessed by all living things other than monsters) and demonic energy (possessed by monsters and incubi), MGQ has holy energy (possessed by angels) and dark energy (possessed by monsters)
  • MGE's monsters used to be man-eating predators that weren't attractive at all (other than succubi), MGQ's monsters have always had their current forms (and some of them are still man-eating predators)

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
He is their artist (and Erubetie's artist as well), but that doesn't necessarily mean he had input on the story.

There aren't that many similarities between the worlds. They do share many of the monster types, but there's also lots of differences like:
  • MGE has human-to-monster transformation be a common thing while MGQ doesn't
  • MGE has spirit energy (possessed by all living things other than monsters) and demonic energy (possessed by monsters and incubi), MGQ has holy energy (possessed by angels) and dark energy (possessed by monsters)
  • MGE's monsters used to be man-eating predators that weren't attractive at all (other than succubi), MGQ's monsters have always had their current forms (and some of them are still man-eating predators)
Yeah the corruption angle is only a thing with Sara the succubus.
Regarding all those points tho...
Never forget that early MGE was not very detailed. I'm glad there's more detail now though! The whole transgender monster angle for one thing was first introduced in the release of the first book.
OLD:

NEW:

I know I've got no proof, but I do feel like MGQ was originally meant to be a MGE property but a change in views caused the direction to change between the two of them.
MGE's first volume came out around the same time as MGQ which was in development for a while at this point.

MGE did come out first though.

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Yeah the corruption angle is only a thing with Sara the succubus.
Regarding all those points tho...
Never forget that early MGE was not very detailed. I'm glad there's more detail now though! The whole transgender monster angle for one thing was first introduced in the release of the first book.
OLD:

NEW:

I know I've got no proof, but I do feel like MGQ was originally meant to be a MGE property but a change in views caused the direction to change between the two of them.
MGE's first volume came out around the same time as MGQ which was in development for a while at this point.

MGE did come out first though.
I actually forgot how simple early MGE was! Yeah, MGQ does look more similar to early MGE than to current MGE. Though it's impossible to be sure without being able to read the creators' minds.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I actually forgot how simple early MGE was! Yeah, MGQ does look more similar to early MGE than to current MGE. Though it's impossible to be sure without being able to read the creators' minds.
BTW what kind of sex scenes are you expecting from Holstaur? She'll obviously have a paizuri scene, but her second scene is up in the air.

All the girls can be said to have a temperament in the MGE universe.
Aggressive/Bold, Neutral, Submissive.
Werecat can be considered bold. Imp and the White Succubus can be considered Neutral. Holstaur is submissive.

All monsters have two scenes and if we focus only on the sex scenes.
So far we have a missionary scene that can be seen as cowgirl if you squint hard enough, and reverse cowgirl that can also be seen as doggystyle if you squint hard enough.

What are they going to do with Holstaur I wonder...

This is what Kenkou Cross wrote on Patreon.
She is more mature than werecat and imp, who were able to have sex in the trial version.
The tempo of the sex may be quite different from those of the warcats and imps, and there may be some special behavior.
There's still a bit of a ways to go, but when you do get her on board, be sure to give her lots of sex!
My guess is that her sex scene will be unambiguously missionary. During sex, when she attacks she'll just hug you or push her boobs against you or something.

I'm glad they're giving her a mature personality too.
Imp is childish, and Werecat is like a teenager with her slang and stuff.

These first 3 heroines are covering all the bases in almost every way

Only outside of it when it comes to weaknesses.
The 3 weaknesses are kissing, oral, boobs.
Imp gives you a handjob. Werecat is oral. Holstaur is boobs. They were pretty close tho.

Choosing kisses as your weaknesses is definitely the best decision.

Last edited:

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
1) Isn't this place heaven for asshole male characters?
Like... imagine the assholest of asshole MCs... uhhh Rance for example.
Imagine Rance in the world of MGE. He'd have it so easy!

Just walk up to a girl and rape her. Monster girls in this game never say no, and won't deny rape so boom instant wife. When they become your wife they're highly subservient to you and just do what you want. Use the girls to make money or do some other thing, walk up to another monster girl and rape her. What are they gonna do? Say no?

If you find a dragon, trick her then rape her. Her treasures all yours now. What's she gonna do fight you? All pain is converted into pleasure or some shit so it's not like the girls have any means of defense.

I always thought there was something weird about the MGE short stories... The stories Kenkou tells HYPER RELY on the male leads being good people. That entire world's logic is flimsy to begin with, but the simple existence of unrepentant asshole characters would be enough to break the logic in that world.

Flipping a famous Dave Chappelle quote: "A man's test in life is material. A monster's test in life is a man."
They get a man, then bind them down with sex. If you run off on your woman, she chases you down then rapes you. Few get the chance to build harems. Not only that, the MGE girls who get jealous more easily are totally down with just grabbing that asshole of a husband who won't pay her any attention and just raping him 'til he gives in. Not to mention the majority of MGE girls have stronger physiques than men, and even those that don't tend to have magical/biological means of getting their man to at least stay down long enough for her to get some semen from him.

Also, several monsters like the hellhound and amazoness are not subservient at all. While you could most likely abuse a kikimora, other girls would likely take an abusive guy's semen as nutrition and just don't become his wife. At least in the older entries (post-revamp if they ever got retouched) it looks like many monster girls have experienced more than 1 man before finding the right guy, either because it's their nutrition or that's how their personality goes.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
several monsters like the hellhound and amazoness are not subservient at all.
I mean. Hellhound's my favorite because she's not subservient in the least (probably the most faithful too), but you have to admit girls like hellhound are in the minority. There's a reason she's always trending on MGE's wiki.

They get a man, then bind them down with sex. If you run off on your woman, she chases you down then rapes you. Few get the chance to build harems. Not only that, the MGE girls who get jealous more easily are totally down with just grabbing that asshole of a husband who won't pay her any attention and just raping him 'til he gives in.
No it's written that if a man cheats they'll just try to go for a threesome with the cheater and make it a harmonius relationship.
They mostly become subservient to the man after having sex, so as long as you satisfy her you're free to do whatever you want... and that includes raping another monster...
The "victims" quite literally can't stop you because of how combat logic works in that world, and well... they all like being raped anyway so they won't even try.

other girls would likely take an abusive guy's semen as nutrition and just don't become his wife. At least in the older entries (post-revamp if they ever got retouched) it looks like many monster girls have experienced more than 1 man before finding the right guy, either because it's their nutrition or that's how their personality goes.
Really?
In every new entry I've read, the girls aren't promiscuous at all. They're super faithful. Possibly because of all the feedback he's received on the sluttiness of the girls he went into the opposite direction and just made them faithful to the point it sometimes doesn't make any sense.

Not that I'm complaining! I'm no fan of sluts.

Some girls like Succubi tho it doesn't make sense. He should've just kept to his original entry on that one and kept them sluts with no prospect for finding a mate because that makes sense.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
For any developers who are browsing through this thread, I've found where the music for this game comes from.
It's a group called Pierrot Lunaire.

This specific pack is where a lot of the music for MGERPG is coming from.

Here's the circle's full link for more of their stuff:

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
previewing a new girl, the Alraune.

MGE RPG Alraune.jpg

It also mentions a bug in the status portion of the menu where you can't see how to get to the other types of status, but you can still access them using the left and right arrow keys.

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score

I've now started playing myself, and:
  • The game works on a Mac, if run via Wine
  • The translation has some issues (like missing spaces, some untranslated text, using "succuba" instead of "succubus"), but it's generally readable

Last edited:

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
it also says the love stat caps at 500 in demo but in future versions can go up to 1,000 or even 10,000
I wonder if it causes any changes in their behavior?

Cracker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there any way to get my hands on the demo that doesn't include paying for it? Looking through this thread, I'm on the fence about spending even a cent on this before I actually try it out myself (the point of a demo originally...)?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Is there any way to get my hands on the demo that doesn't include paying for it? Looking through this thread, I'm on the fence about spending even a cent on this before I actually try it out myself (the point of a demo originally...)?
Japanese dev.
I don't think the word demo means the same thing to them. They never use the word beta for anything either.

If you want to play you'll have to wait until the game is released, or support them while they're working on it. I can tell you though, that only one person has said anything negative about the gameplay in this whole thread. I promise you though, that the reason that's the case is because he legit didn't understand the game.

• The translation has some issues (like missing spaces, some untranslated text, using "succuba" instead of "succubus"), but it's generally readable
It's also a meme translation in parts.
Shopkeeper having a heavy accent to me is fine.
Even the Tom and Molly stuff is fun...

Honestly, how are you supposed to translate slang terminology like Mesu? Bitch? What would the equivalent be for the guy?

The problem is with the imp. The translation takes it too far. She already talks youthfully. She uses onii-chan keeps her vocab simple and likes to call the MC "cool." A direct translation would've gotten the point across but the translation for her takes it a step to far. Wowsies? It's not even consistent. Her early dialogue is much worse than her later dialogue.

____

I will say the english version definitely made some code/balance changes.
Imp uses temptation much more. In fact, she'll never actually insert on her own, she'll tempt you to do it, or you just have to do it on your own. Her scene comes across as missionary much more clearly... uhh for the most part.
KC needs to stop being chicken and actually commit when he does stuff like this cause the half-assed approach is actually confusing.
So MC inserts and shoves it in. OK so it's that kind of scene.
Not two turns later she's lifting and dropping her hips on you.... uhhh that's not what was happening before? It was clearly missionary before, MC even covered her body.

Last edited:

Tenma

Reputation score
KC needs to stop being chicken and actually commit when he does stuff like this cause the half-assed approach is actually confusing.
So MC inserts and shoves it in. OK so it's that kind of scene.
Not two turns later she's lifting and dropping her hips on you.... uhhh that's not what was happening before? It was clearly missionary before, MC even covered her body.
If you read doujinshi that sort of stuff happens all of the time. If the panel were in writing there'd literal be one sentence detailing the transition from missionary to a standing position or from male domination to female domination. Just a general way of how the Japanese make their pornography.