What's new

Spoiler for Dreadnaut's secret. Those who still wish to have fun with the fight don't open this:
No, It's not that
It's that You have to hit the main body, not the tentacles
If using machete its easy to do so
If using firearms you can position yourself so not to be right in front? I think?
Thankfully the dev has explicitly said he does not like damage sponges either

Last edited:
Okay I was starting to feel that way but my machete kept breaking so I figured its not that. Honestly, this is just poorly communicated, there's no actual way to tell. I'm still not sure if the shell and the little bit of flesh behind the tentacles are seperate hitboxes or not.

I noticed the sniper rifle does a fuckton of damage but you're shit out of luck if you don't have ammo stocked up and it hardly seems like a design choice. You can buy ammo, of course, but I opted to stock up on grenades instead and it seems like they only deal with the tentacles. This is why people find this game so frustrating, its challenging yes, but more often than not in a frustrating way people don't feel is fair.

@alias34
I also feel the same way, but i cannot think of something to suggest, i cannot bring myself to.
How would you think the game could be more intuitive, but at the same time not lose its core so as to not become a hand-holding experience?

For example, just as right now i shared that tip, a lot of the game's stuff i also didn't figure it out by myself but rather by asking.
However what little i did find by myself it felt quite good. That much we cannot take away from the game.
Hmmm...

Regarding combat i would not consider it unfair though, that much is for sure

Last edited:
Okay I was starting to feel that way but my machete kept breaking so I figured its not that. Honestly, this is just poorly communicated, there's no actual way to tell. I'm still not sure if the shell and the little bit of flesh behind the tentacles are seperate hitboxes or not.

I noticed the sniper rifle does a fuckton of damage but you're shit out of luck if you don't have ammo stocked up and it hardly seems like a design choice. You can buy ammo, of course, but I opted to stock up on grenades instead and it seems like they only deal with the tentacles. This is why people find this game so frustrating, its challenging yes, but more often than not in a frustrating way people don't feel is fair.

Really I had the same issue at first for like 5 mins. However after throwing a grenade and shooting the rifle I noticed that the shell flashed as well. Meanwhile only the tentacles flashed when I attacked with the sword. From there I just tested out the theory that maybe the shell is the main body by wailing on it with bullets and nades. Also the rifle also damages the tentacles. Usually after 3-4 shots the tentacles are all gone and it does the rolling attack. If you blow up the tentacles all at once it'll always do that stupid rolling attack so your better of just shooting your shot. To me this is more like old school games where you had to just figure it out.

Btw here's a tip. You can get free grenades from the crate in the room with the ship, zombie, and the stupid pin cushion. Just save at the room to the left hit the crate save and repeat. You can also cheese the zombies for some money and then heal up at the spring, save, reload and do it all over again.
@alias34
I also feel the same way, but i cannot think of something to suggest, i cannot bring myself to.
How would you think the game could be more intuitive, but at the same time not lose its core so as to not become a hand-holding experience?

For example, just as right now i shared that tip, a lot of the game's stuff i also didn't figure it out by myself but rather by asking.
However what little i did find by myself it felt quite good. That much we cannot take away from the game.
Hmmm...

Gotta admit once you realize the answer to some of the things it makes you feel kind of dumb for not realizing. Like I forgot you can shoot off screen and that obviously if something like a block is in the way it would block your shot. I'm sure you know which room I'm talking about. Though to be fair I assumed the switch worked like it did on the first island. One thing he should change is that if you cant actually hit a target the reticle shouldn't light up red as that is misleading.

@alias34

Hmmm...

For me, figuring out what to suggest to fix most problems in games, is thinking back to a game i remember doing it well (if we can remember, many good tutorials are forgotten while we still retain the info through the game, which can make remembering them difficult). Or, looking at the other parts of the game that could be used similarly or identically(*)

Since an onslaught for awhile now in videogames as a whole has been unskippable tutorials, which while frustrating when they're hammering away at something braindead ('Your HP is health points'! Omg, never would've figured that one out! 'And when they go to 0, you're knocked out'! Magnificent tutorial, 10/10, would try to skip again.), are really nice when you come across a game doing something a bit weird (In this game, a normal melee attack taking sp is something notably different, as well as it not regenerating naturally, or that sliding is an attack AND also eats sp.)

A lot of lazier games will just give you a window to confirm/close telling you about a thing the first time you come across it, which while lazy, isn't always the worst option. The campfires could be explained this way, "Hey, this is a campfire, you can regen your hp/sp if you had matches to light it...", with cropped screenshot and an arrow pointing to it. Stops one from pushing several buttons around it trying to figure out what to do and thinking it might be just a prop sprite, since most gamers will have played other games which would give a prompt or just light it or something, i can't really recall many games with a consumable for lightning campfires, so that would be good to point out.

Using the same example, if the controlled character speaks, can have them complain about it, "I could light this if i had some matches...", no lazy tutorial window, but a dialogue box. sort of the same, but more immersive, doesn't tell you what it does when you light it, but puts a hook into you to find out.

For the boss damage thing, having a much easier normal enemy that has a shell or guard mechanic to give out the knowledge that flashing means damage, or some indication that tentacles aren't the bosses hp. Could be a big warning screen with an arrow, just outright displaying a boss hp bar, or character dialogue mentioning it.

(*)I could go into detail on some comparisons of two long-lived mobile games i play that have had some UI polish and changes that i recently had a discussion about, but they'll make this bloated post even worse

I don't watch much else of this guys stuff, but there's a youtuber named who did a series of videos about torturing subjecting a non-gamer to games without explaining things to them, and it also mentions (i think...) another video from longer ago looking into the genius design of super mario's world 1-1, for teaching how the game works without having any tutorial. (i don't know where this one is at the moment)

It was something i put on to watch in the background while i did other things, and got distracted by the fascination of it. In relation, i enjoy critiquing things in a cynical way, but i try to figure out why things are made the way they are and then try to figure out how to adjust them to be more fun for me personally to make constructive criticism. If the way they're designed is to a goal i never personally enjoyed in the first place, i chalk it up to something being not my cup of tea and try to drop any complaining, especially when it's about mechanics or design choices.

Much like how i avoid the Wolf's Dungeon thread entirely ... Ohhh, hot naked wolf girl in a platformer getting fucked, that's ticking MY boxes, but wait, there's lots of blood, pain, and everything is grotesque except her ... adios.

Back about this game, though, the secondary character sounds a quite a bit more to my liking in every way, Catgirl, fully regenerating sp, magic instead of gun, more ranged weapon attack... Sounds better for me.

Edit: wtf color is the right color for the default text, when none of them match up right? It's driving me insane that half my post is a brighter white than the other half, lol.

Last edited:
Truthfully, the game barely tells you anything, but once you realize / figure it out / or someone tells you. The game becomes easy as nuts.
Except for that one ghost chase sequence.

Heads up. The demo got updated for patrons. There is a new H scene. The update should be available for non patrons in a week or so.

Looks like the old saves wont carry over either. I'm not looking forward to doing the ship graveyard again. :(

Last edited:
So what's new?

The levels now flow into each other instead of having a hub with the teleport crystals. There is a new ruined village area with a tunnel underneath.

Inside the tunnel is a new monster with a new h scene. I guess it just wants to.... lend a hand to Sasha

Last edited:
So what's new?

The levels now flow into each other instead of having a hub with the teleport crystals. There is a new ruined village area with a tunnel underneath.

Inside the tunnel is a new monster with a new h scene. I guess it just wants to.... lend a hand to Sasha

It's not only Sasha the hand wants to help haha.

Well... good things come to those who wait.

Demo ver 2.21 is now out for everyone.

Mm... I'm lost and dunno what to do after defeating that giant octopus/squid thingy again.
Dunno what to do to get inside that room in the ruined village or where to get a key in the slot near it.

Edit: nvm... decided to fireball the ghosts

Anyone has a save for the latest version? The Konami code opens up the gallery I believe.

Mm... I'm lost and dunno what to do after defeating that giant octopus/squid thingy again.
Dunno what to do to get inside that room in the ruined village or where to get a key in the slot near it.

Edit: nvm... decided to fireball the ghosts
There is a fishing spot that has the key. You have to fish the chest. It's a little hard since if you use a full strength bar when casting you will hit the cliff.

I am kind of stuck, what am I supposed to do with the switches in the Sunken Ship area? When I trigger one it blocks off every other area. I can glitch out the game and bypass the area where you get the pilot key and fight the monster in the cabin for the grenades but then since I glitched the switch. I cant advance further.

Any help please?

There are 3 switches the main one in the ship with the lizard guys. After you hit the main one the other 2 activate. There's one in the undeground ghost room next to the pin cushion. The other one is by the boss door. If you hit those two it should reset everything back to normal.

Any idea what the old book and arrowheads are for?

Where's the item located to get past the barrier by the city of mists?

Last edited:
i've said everything I need to say about this games difficulty, however, does this game take forever to start for anyone else? took around 8 minutes to actually load. it only popped up as i was about to put my pc in sleep. I have a beefy PC too. I choose to blame the engine it's running on.

Took mine 4 seconds to start it. And I think my computer is pretty average.

Yeah, it is a bit challenging, but it's not exactly too punishing. Sure, the stamina regen capped at 10% is annoying but if you can use it right, it's mostly enough.

Also, does anyone have a walkthrough on what to do in order to get everything for the latest version? I feel a bit overwhelmed with what to do first...

Back