What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Eroico (RE115470)

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Eroico revision

Hey Kyrieru, I'm getting some massive lag from the game on all levels, something which didn't present as much in the original version of the game. I'm running a system where I shouldn't get lag. Anything change in processing?

I don't have DirectPlay installed, apparently, so maybe that?

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Some climaxes are really way improved.

Even the Mino-girl's tit fuck looks better. Very cool man. Looking forward to whatever you cook up next.

Hopefully Noaika, I'm just saying.

dienow

Reputation score

Hopefully Noaika, I'm just saying.
My jimmies are renewed in their eternal vigil for the release, as the animations were incredibly good.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Hey Kyrieru, I'm getting some massive lag from the game on all levels, something which didn't present as much in the original version of the game. I'm running a system where I shouldn't get lag. Anything change in processing?

I don't have DirectPlay installed, apparently, so maybe that?
Did you try the version with the Vsync option?

The only things I know of the might cause lag are that, and controller problems.

Ulterior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, Eroico is back. I remember that I bought this game twice lol. Once off your website, then I bought it again from DLSite because I wanted my downloads all in one spot.

Looking forward to the updated version when you put it on DLSite so I can dl it.:)

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There any saves? I suck at this game :(

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Nice! The remake looks great, and it felt a bit easier than I remembered too. Played on normal, had 7 gameovers that weren't on purpose.

One thing though, a lot of the CGs seem a bit zoomed in compared to the old ones. The lower parts are often cut off. Was that a stylistic choice, or is the new game rendering the CG wrong?

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Nice! The remake looks great, and it felt a bit easier than I remembered too. Played on normal, had 7 gameovers that weren't on purpose.

One thing though, a lot of the CGs seem a bit zoomed in compared to the old ones. The lower parts are often cut off. Was that a stylistic choice, or is the new game rendering the CG wrong?
I've heard of one other person having the problem but I dont know what's causing it.

The Cat CG should look like this
(the black is just part of photoshop btw)

Any info on your settings?

sureaboutthis

Lurker
Reputation score

The George Lucas comparison is sound. I never thought of it that way before.
Also wow, has it really been 3 years? Where does the time go?
hello darkness my old friend

pstone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's been a while.

I think I found the unlock file from back then, but is there a quick way for me to confirm whether it works or not?

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

The George Lucas comparison is sound. I never thought of it that way before.
Also wow, has it really been 3 years? Where does the time go?
hello darkness my old friend
Except with me the old version is always going to be available -__-

I think I found the unlock file from back then, but is there a quick way for me to confirm whether it works or not?
No, and that's a good reminder. I need to add something visual on the title screen that shows you if it's unlocked or not.

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There any saves? I suck at this game :(
Open prog.dll in some sort of text editor, change all the 0's to 1's. This will unlock all the girls in the gallery.

The original had a final sprite animation you could only get by beating the last boss IIRC - no idea if that's in here or if you can get it through the gallery (haven't had a chance to play it much, but confirmed the old 0's-to-1's cheat works).

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

FUCKING PUNCHING THAT PAY NOW BUTTON.

Pardon me for that. Definitely gonna buy the rework version.

Roan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nghhhhhhhh, was not expecting this.

I bought the game back in 2013, and most criticism I could have about the game are more of a personal opinion than actual criticism...

Must get to Lizard...

Haha.

Funny thing, I lost my unlocker code years ago and sent an email to his overture email in 2015. Then I noticed that years ago he had changed it due to some issues...

Gah.
Totally worth getting to the Lizard again. Dat finish, loving a lot of it but the Lizard just reminds me of what Granberia from MGQ would do, haha.

Game does feel a bit easier this time around, but that may have been 'cuz I kinda remember most of it and I kinda did do a hard playtru on the previous one...

For some reason I didn't notice the sound upon getting hit before... now I feel like a stuffed toy hit me when an explosion hits me... Haha.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@Kyrieru the new sprite animations are nice :cool:

dienow

Reputation score

Did you try the version with the Vsync option?

The only things I know of the might cause lag are that, and controller problems.
Vsync off helps. Occasional stutter still.

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cool I was interested in seeing what the remake was going to be like and I have to say I'm very impressed, well done Kyrieru.

Maybe I'm just old but I've never found games like this hard at all

Also a sneaky little tip press the H key to knock down the character without losing any health and you get a few seconds of immunity. (also if you're after scenes :D )

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just played through the new version (on Easy, 'cause playing with a keyboard is less-than-ideal). The new animations and updated CG's are great, and the game feels like it handles better - all around an excellent revision. One minor problem - in the enemy recall room, one of the fairies is located too high up for her to respond if you fall down (have to fall on the stairs to get her to come to rape you). Oh, and looks like I misremembered the last animation - it's funny, but not any hentai content.

And, yeah, the H key is a total cheat. Tricky spike puzzle? Just keep tossing yourself down with H until you're through. Can't quite reach that ledge? Press H for a mini-double jump. Ranged enemy keeping her distance? H key FTW.

scizor300

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So why was the cumflation part of the Witch's animation toned down to where you can barely notice it?