What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Eroico (RE115470)

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Re: Eroico revision V7

hi Kyrieru. Did the vampires get an update? They sort of look like the only ones that werent upgraded.
They have an animation for the bite, and an animation when the player is knocked down.

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

I've noticed a bug I'd like to point out. On the easiest difficulty, if you die and you respawn in the area that you died, the music will not return, it remains silent for the rest of the level/game.(I haven't beat the first level, you've managed to make the easiest difficulty difficult, thanks. JK, it makes it fun.)

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes i know, which they also had in the original, but it looks the same as the first one with all the same frames. All the others have much more smoothed out upgraded animation but the vampires looks exactly the same as far as i can tell.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I've noticed a bug I'd like to point out. On the easiest difficulty, if you die and you respawn in the area that you died, the music will not return, it remains silent for the rest of the level/game.(I haven't beat the first level, you've managed to make the easiest difficulty difficult, thanks. JK, it makes it fun.)
Sheeeiiiiit I missed that because I often test with the music turned off. Should be fixed now.

@Kiwi:
Nah, the original only had one animation. The bite animation is the original animation, and the downed animation is the new one.

Last edited:

Milia

Reputation score

Sheeeiiiiit I missed that because I often test with the music turned off. Should be fixed now.

@Kiwi:
Nah, the original only had one animation. The bite animation is the original animation, and the downed animation is the new one.
Thanks for the fix, also thank you for making such an epic game, I look forward to see what else you have up your sleeve.

P.S. One more question, is the Gallery mode supposed to not have music? It's not a big deal by anymeans as we can download the soundtrack and play any song from the game while we play, just wondering.
P.P.S. The opening theme music is amazing, I absolutely love it, it's so calming and mesmerizing.

Last edited:
OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

is the Gallery mode supposed to not have music?
Yeah, it's intentional. In future games I'll certainly have more options for small things like that, but for Eroico I've gotta move on.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@Kiwi:
So they got a new anim instead of their old one being updated. Thats a shame, the forced eating out was the only one that appealed to me. :(

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So they got a new anim instead of their old one being updated. Thats a shame, the forced eating out was the only one that appealed to me. :(
Nah you still get that one straight after she bites you, its just if she touches you when you're already downed you get a new animation ^^

PerBert

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I don't want to come off as an asshole, but that's how video games are usually paced. You try and you fail, again and again, until you succeed. Shoot the cyberdemon until it dies.
I don't want to come off as an old geezer... but I started playing games on the Atari VCS... ok, I'M an old geezer.
In the end, true that old age got the better of reflexes and concentration, I believe I know a thing or two about games. ;)

I'm on PerBert's side on this one, I thought the game could use more checkpoints. I was getting frustrated on easy my first time through, and it felt like there should have been a checkpoint every time it loaded a new screen. I enjoyed the gameplay enough to go back and beat it on normal, but I prefer H games to have a stupid easy setting as well.
For me is not a question of H and not H. The boundary between rewarding and frustrating is thin.

While I'd agree that Eroico's checkpoints aren't great for an H game, I think your situation is a little extreme.

There aren't really any platforming sections that require a lot of trial and error. Most of it is either waiting for the right timing (spinning spikes) or bouncing (made trivial on easy mode)
As for fighting enemies for 30 minutes, there isn't a reason to fight everything. Most of the enemies can simply be jumped over. The only enemies you need to kill are those that are directly interfering with your ability to progress, which on easy can be taken out with one shot of the spell.

Even if you're trying to get all the upgrades, you can generally get as many kills as you need by avoiding most of the enemies and getting pots when you see them.

All in all. while I considered changing elements of the checkpoints, ultimately I decided against it since I originally intended for the game to be hard. While I have different views on how to handle things like checkpoints now, I dont want to change the game itself too much.
Yes, yes, in fact I was making a suggestion for FUTURE games. And if your concept is not in favour of "continuous save", just consider the "area theme".
Save->Killzone->Save->Pitfalls->Save->Boss
seems a little more enjoyable than
Save->KillzonePitfalls(x3)->(THANKGOD!)Save->Boss(nooo, I'm too tired for this!!)

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

none of the stage 3 gallery enemies down you so you can't get raped by them... Am I missing something here?

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Wanting a save after every tough spot in a platformer must be a new generation thing.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

@PerBert: Well regardless, I added an easier mode, so that's that. People can fap without fear of death now d:

none of the stage 3 gallery enemies down you so you can't get raped by them... Am I missing something here?
Old version? That was a bug a while ago but I long since fixed it.

Also, I added a thing in the gallery that allows you to toggle infinite health, so that CGs can be viewed there. That version will be up soon.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to say thanks again for the revised version of Eroico! I played on normal, and I definitely think the tweaks you made make the game feel a little easier. I've always enjoyed your games, the difficulty can be high sometimes but it usually feels fair. I never feel as frustrated as I sometimes get with bullshit design in mario/metroid.

Looking forward to whatever your next project ends up being! :)

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Nah you still get that one straight after she bites you, its just if she touches you when you're already downed you get a new animation ^^
I know you still get it, I was just really looking forward to an updated version...

Milia

Reputation score

Kyrieru, I wasn't able to find the opening theme for Eroico on your soundcloud, could you possibly upload it?

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Kyrieru, I wasn't able to find the opening theme for Eroico on your soundcloud, could you possibly upload it?
As soon as I find out how the heck to add it to a playlist...

raycuazafan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just finished playing and got the new animation for the vampire girl, correct me if I'm wrong or if it changed but I read somewhere that there would be two new animations on the game, am I missing the other one?, how do you get it?

Milia

Reputation score

I just finished playing and got the new animation for the vampire girl, correct me if I'm wrong or if it changed but I read somewhere that there would be two new animations on the game, am I missing the other one?, how do you get it?
There are two from what I can tell. The first one is her grabbing you, she will force you to pleasure her, the second is her raping you when you're lying down, either from being knocked down or by pressing H.

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have two questions.
1) If someone gave me their unlock code, would I be able to use it to turn demo into full?
2) If the unlock code doesn't work, then can someone pm me a mega link for the full of the new game? I'd buy it, but I have no credit card or such.