What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Eroico (RE115470)

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Re: Eroico revision V7

I finally managed to beat the boss without her disappearing, though it's really odd how it randomly happens, I honestly don't know how to cause it myself, I just spastically attack her and poof. I hope it's not too much trouble. Funny thing is, people have reported a similar behavior in Echidna Wars DX where the Queen Bee randomly disappeared as well. I'm not certain but if Echidna Wars was made in the same engine, perhaps it has something to do with a bug in the engine?
Nah, it's not an engine thing. Just poor programming somewhere.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Eroico revision V8

Well whaddya know. . Congrats Kyrieru. I'd be curious to know how well it does there. I hope to see more non-VN games (of yours too - maybe Kurovadis?) on there in the future.

Last edited:
OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Well whaddya know. . Congrats Kyrieru. I'd be curious to know how well it does there. I hope to see more non-VN games (of yours too - maybe Kurovadis?) on there in the future.
Only downside is that they don't do demos for some strange reason. Not a fan of that.

dienow

Reputation score

>using block instead of jumping
>using magic
>not using backdash
>not using infinite downthrust of death
>no lunging combos

kekken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Until someone posts a save file, there's not much I can do to play this. The lack of save points is a instant source of frustration and misery. Without them this game is simply not fun to play - you mess up and you have to go through another 15 minutes of the exact same area you just were at, and because you CAN'T SAVE, you're stuck with the situation of tiny mistakes piling up to ruin you. I can't even get past the third screen because I end up whittled down and die, only to have to start over again because of this awful notion of no saves. It's not even that the game is too hard, it's that its too tedious! I can't enjoy it when even the slightest mistake could mean I have to start over entirely.

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

Until someone posts a save file, there's not much I can do to play this. The lack of save points is a instant source of frustration and misery. Without them this game is simply not fun to play - you mess up and you have to go through another 15 minutes of the exact same area you just were at, and because you CAN'T SAVE, you're stuck with the situation of tiny mistakes piling up to ruin you. I can't even get past the third screen because I end up whittled down and die, only to have to start over again because of this awful notion of no saves. It's not even that the game is too hard, it's that its too tedious! I can't enjoy it when even the slightest mistake could mean I have to start over entirely.
Ah, try the Easiest mode first, when you die you return to the same screen, you'll get better, I finally beat it on Hard, it really isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. I immediately went from Easiest to Hard, not kidding. Sure I died a few times, but I made it. Also, after you get to a certain point your game saves.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

If people can't beat the game on easiest then there's nothing more I can do for them :/

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If people can't beat the game on easiest then there's nothing more I can do for them :/

no really i cant believe theres people cant beat the game yet.

kekken

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

no really i cant believe theres people cant beat the game yet.
I'm bad at platformers. RTS, FPS, MMORPGs, I can play all day. Platformers I'm just not that great at. If you can't conceive of people not being good at something you're at then you need to just not comment and be a dick about it.
Additionally, for whatever reason, I'd been loading in an older save and thus missing the difficulty setting. With that adjusted things are much more usable, thanks.

Last edited:

dienow

Reputation score

Ooh, make a savepoint loli Rushjet power!

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

Ooh, make a savepoint loli Rushjet power!
There's already a save point once you've progressed far enough into the level.

Bloodyryss

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok this is by far the worst h-game I ever played ... bad level design ... too frustrating gameplay ... its dark souls but 10 times worse ...

I mean the sprites and the CG maybe nice ...

but the gameplay isnt enjoyable but frustrating ... I mean a challange ok ... but in the second level 90% of the maps are luck based ... the spikes ... the traps ... the lasertowers ...

Nope sry but this game sucks balls!

(And if you play on easiest difficulty and still think its a dark souls game you relly should rethink your game ...)

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Your first indie platformer? There might be some places which are cheesy hard but that's it. Furthermore the game is beatable it might require more than 1 try but hey atleast it isn't stupidly easy.
Also Dark Souls? Really? There are way better examples.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok this is by far the worst h-game I ever played
... What?

I don't know whether to pity you, or to envy you.

but the gameplay isnt enjoyable but frustrating ... I mean a challange ok ... but in the second level 90% of the maps are luck based ... the spikes ... the traps ... the lasertowers ...

Nope sry but this game sucks balls!

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Meh. Flamebait.

Also, to the other guy, if you're counter with a snarky pic, make sure you spellcheck it.

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok this is by far the worst h-game I ever played ... bad level design ... too frustrating gameplay ... its dark souls but 10 times worse ...
Please let me know the other games you have played, for if Eroico - particularly the new revision with smoother gameplay - counts as the worst, I would very much like to play the others.

dienow

Reputation score

There's already a save point once you've progressed far enough into the level.
What?

Like, a power that turns the savepoint loli into the Rush Jet. For the casuls.

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!

but in the second level 90% of the maps are luck based
Wot? Do physics change at random in the game for you here? It's all timing, son, not luck.

Some things people might not have noticed about this game:

1) If you hit the attack button, you can immediately break out of it with a backdash. This means that you can charge, attack, and backdash at the same time.

2) You can even do this in the air, meaning you can downthrust and backdash at the same time.

3) If you attack and backdash, you can rapidly mash them to move at supersonic speeds in a direction of your choice.

4) You can immediately jump after doing a downthrust, and if you time it right, you can downthrust twice in the same motion by immediately hitting the action again while on top of the enemy's head. (But you have to be far enough off their hitbox that you can fall a bit and still hit them with your sword.)

Last edited: