ACT [Kyrieru] Eroico (RE115470)

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Re: Eroico revision V8

@Serifyn:

Well, I'd say you're overselling me to a degree. Compliance with DLsite is less than a days work, and debugging old game's isn't something that happens too often after the initial couple weeks. It mostly comes down to answering the odd question here and there, and solving individual customer's problem's if I can. While that process is the work of a circle, they aren't tasks that wear me thin.

Rather, my weakness for the past year or so has been working from paycheck to paycheck with Patreon, and losing a bit of enthusiasm overall. Not for Noaika, but for the work I have to do in order to work on it without financial concerns.

However, with the release of Eroico's revision I think I'm in a good position to close the Patreon, and focus entirely on games. I also took a bit of a break recently to play some games (since having something I want to play is rare), and the mix of satisfaction and utter disappointment kind of kickstarted my motivation. There's nothing I want to do more than work on games right now, and I'm looking forward to being done with small obligations.

So...I wouldn't overestimate me, however perhaps I'll come close to those expectations someday. I'll likely be making games for the rest of my life, and there's nowhere to go but up. (Especially with a disastrous start like I had -__-)

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

HE'S ALIVE, no hilarious elevator incident this time :D

But good to see you back, and your dev quality is pretty high, don't beat yourself down eh!

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

However, with the release of Eroico's revision I think I'm in a good position to close the Patreon, and focus entirely on games.
Eh, I think you could probably keep the patreon open, just take away the rewards and change it to a sort of tip jar.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Eh, I think you could probably keep the patreon open, just take away the rewards and change it to a sort of tip jar.
I just don't really have the motivation for it; I find it's a struggle to start most of the time. I enjoy it once I'm in the swing of it and finishing something, but in some cases characters get chosen that I find somewhat boring, or I struggle to come up with the initial pose, since I don't want to retread the same ground over and over again.

Game's are easier to work on for me because even if I don't feel like animating, I can do something else and still make progress.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

What game did you get disappointed by? Horizon Zero Dawn? Breath of the Wild? Persona (how dare you)?

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

What game did you get disappointed by? Horizon Zero Dawn? Breath of the Wild? Persona (how dare you)?
Zelda was flawed but good.
Nier Automata had an amazing first 20-30% and then the rest was the most depressing squandering of potential I've ever seen.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Game's are easier to work on for me because even if I don't feel like animating, I can do something else and still make progress.
No, what I mean is that you strip away all of the rewards and just leave a few $1-$5 tip tiers with a link to your blog. No animations or anything, just a 'feel free to support me if you want, I guess' thing. You don't have to do anything (save for work on your desired projects, of course), it doesn't really cost you anything, and it could even act as free advertising.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Nier Automata had an amazing first 20-30% and then the rest was the most depressing squandering of potential I've ever seen.
I mean, that game looked like it was just cashing in on the weeb bait to me. Very clearly just taking anime girls with not-quite upskirt shots and making them actually be very intense fighters against very bad bad guys. Though I haven't played it, I felt like it had minimal potential in general.

I'm playing the new Mass Effect right now, also flawed but good so far. Were you ever a ME fan?

Oh and on topic, I'll be prepared to agree with the "Ky is shining example of Western H" as soon as we actually see Noakia, it's been in the making for far too long now. Between this and the wait for Aylia's Story I feel like the best western projects are just kinda floating.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

No, what I mean is that you strip away all of the rewards and just leave a few $1-$5 tip tiers with a link to your blog. No animations or anything, just a 'feel free to support me if you want, I guess' thing. You don't have to do anything (save for work on your desired projects, of course), it doesn't really cost you anything, and it could even act as free advertising.
If I'm releasing games, there isn't really a need for a Patreon in the first place, since releasing games is far more profitable than Patreon.

@thswherizat: I played and liked the previous ME games. Since they are apparently going to be patching out some of the problems, I'm holding off on Andromeda. The fact that it's a bit more Inquisition-like doesn't sound good to me, though.

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
~~I am reserved for future archival purposes of this thread and collecting information.~~

NOTE: I am directly linked to the OP post for information that cannot be added to the OP since it has been updated by a mod to fix it. Thank you for your downvotes.

Last edited:

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
~~I am reserved for future archival purposes of this thread and collecting information.~~
ULMF now has an easy to use search function, there's no longer any need to bump such an old thread
I now realize this is a great deed in disguise and have removed my downvote

Last edited:

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Sorry I don't understand what's going on.

DimeADozen

Reputation score
Games like these only come a dime a dozen, I really hope you keep making games with a similar style as this one. Despite all your criticisms of your own game, I feel like there are only a handful of action games that are as stylish as Eroico, and this one comes with a male protagonist! Keep on doing what you do Kyrieru

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I... don't think you know what a dime a dozen means.
People using words and phrases they have no idea what it means is becoming so commonplace now......*sigh*

@Lizardon
"dime a dozen" means that whatever it is can be found everywhere easily. It doesn't mean that they are hard to come back.
Example: H games using RPG maker are a "dime a dozen". While FPS/TPS H games are "few and far between".

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
He made Aster, and a handful of pixel animations. He's also working on a sonic-like at the moment iirc.

Aaapeace

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Kyrieru is slowly improving their skill on other side-projects so I have no qualms about the delay.

As for this game, the main character reminds me of Valor from Spritescape, whom was inspired by my own character.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Kyrieru doesn't do nearly enough stuff. I'm a big fan but i've been waiting for his next platformer for 5 years legit.
release* nearly enough stuff

No doubt I never should have started side-projects (given that Kurovadis started as one, it probably seemed fine to me at the time). Some will be benefit from being set aside, while others will have become too outdated, graphically and mechanically, to pick up again. If the content from each unfinished game were put together, it would be about 3-4 complete games.