What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Kurovadis (RE093841)

heVOICESad

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Kurovadis (OUT NOW! BUY IT)

The end result will be worth it, but that doesn't make the time between now and then an less stressful -___-

For me and for everyone who pre-ordered...
Speaking as someone who preordered Noaika, take a break and don't sweat the time or money, man. You didn't charge an exorbitant amount of money, and you never gave a release date. To be honest, I'm not surprised it's taken you this long to make progress, given the production time/end result for Eroico. Noaika sounds like a much more ambitious project, and I'd much rather you take your time and make sure what we did pay for becomes something we would be willing to pay twice or three times that amount for.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, one of the reasons is because there just isn't much to talk about. It would basically amount to "This week, I did a bunch of programming, some of it was really frustrating, and I made more content. I wish I was going faster."

And when it comes to updates in the form of the demo, even though a lot of the new content is relevant to the demo (the beginning of the game), I don't want it to be one of those situations were content keeps getting added, and people keep replaying the demo to see it. It messes up the difficulty curve and the player's perception of the game a bit, if they replay the beginning so many times. I'd much rather that players go into the final game or demo, and get completely caught off guard by what I've added.

That aside, I feel like I may literally just refund everyone who pre-ordered Noaika, once it's released (they would still get it, obviously). The whole situation just makes me feel really awful. On one hand, I feel like I can finally put the time and effort into a game without being too concerned about money for a while, and yet there's the constant feeling that I'm not going fast enough, like I'm betraying everyone who bought it.

Add to that, there's always some stuff I do that ends up not working out, or that I had to go back and fix, but it still takes up time. So the notion that 100% of the time went towards the adding content that's in the game creates even more pressure.

The day I release Noaika will be the biggest relief of my life -___-
Holy crap dude, don't feel so bad about the timing. You put out high quality shit, better than most, and you're only one person. Anyone expecting you to crap out a game every 6-12 months at the quality you do has wildly optimistic expectations from game devs.

Penttiseta

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I pre-purchased the game, and im in no hurry. Take as long as you need to finish the game. Good things are worth waiting =) and you have already proved that with 2 Marvelous games.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

And this is exactly why I'm saying that I'm NOT overall too concerned with the progress. I wouldn't have prepaid for the game if I hadn't seen you release quality products before! So overall, despite the frustration evident in my last post, I do continue to think you're doing a good job.

Don't even think about refunding the people that prepaid! We spend our money knowing the quality of your work and what we were buying into. As long as I receive the product in the end, it was money I'm happy to choose to spend.

Also, I hadn't thought of what you said about the re-running of the intro scene. That's a good point about not making us too familiar with how the game plays.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

And this is exactly why I'm saying that I'm NOT overall too concerned with the progress. I wouldn't have prepaid for the game if I hadn't seen you release quality products before! So overall, despite the frustration evident in my last post, I do continue to think you're doing a good job.
That is the thing. Unfortunately in the games industry in general, pre-ordering has turned into a bad course of events. Some games get overambitious with the extra money and end up with nothing. Others push stuff in and it never works.
I have pre-ordered two H games in the past, one that folded, even though the goal was reached and exceeded and the second is SFK5 and the creator is still making that (i hope). Sometimes you overthink because you see two weeks and no (major) updates, or a weird rumor that someone died.
That is kinda the risk we take. I just can't wait to see the outcome, hopefully if we get one. (which we probably will)

PS Kyrieru the Overture Link to purchase your stuff still has the link to pre-order Noakia, so I went ahead and did that :) Just letting you know in case you want to close that.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Ah shoot, I forgot about that page. And thanks for your support.

As for pre-orders, unless I was physically unable to for the rest of my life there's no reason why I wouldn't finish Noaika. For one thing, it wouldn't make sense financially to abandon a game that's already bigger than smaller games that made a lot of money. But also, at the end of the day, people have paid for a product, and I have an obligation to follow through. Hell, even if I was physically unable, I'd probably just hand it off to another dev and get them to finish it off, for a cut of the profits.

That said, I don't plan on doing pre-orders again. After this game is done, rather than starting from scratch, I'm going to make a game using Noaika's engine, so that I can make another game in a short amount of time, without worrying much about programming (The gameplay and graphics wouldn't be the same). My goal will be to make sure I have a lot of leeway, financially, so that I'm never in this situation again, even if I choose to work on a big project.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

just a question but kurodavis game never had a gallery option right?

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

No, it didn't. Eroico is the only one of the two that does.

atlime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This was good even for just the gameplay aspect.

shereenaroleplay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a god code out there? Holy &*^%(*^&*$*& is this game hard. The second stage destroys me hard. I have zero chance of getting any further.

dienow

Reputation score

No codes, but you can alter the save file to give you max stats.

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there a god code out there? Holy &*^%(*^&*$*& is this game hard. The second stage destroys me hard. I have zero chance of getting any further.
For which game, Kurovadis? Here's some advices...

1. Get better. Sure, this may sound like trolling, but I'm serious: the more you retry, the more you'll improve and things will become easier (this will also slightly affect all action platformers you play in the future)

2. It's been a long time since I played this game, but iirc you could grind some enemies for experience. Think about your playstyle and invest your points into the stat you need. This will make the game MUCH easier if you invest a lot into damage or a lot into damage reduction.

3. Now here's what you actually asked for: the save file is an unencoded text file. You can literally change whatever is saved inside. During the game, open the menu and take a look at your stats: you'll find them just like that in your save file.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I've heard tales of people who didn't realize there was a level up screen so that might be it too d:

shereenaroleplay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've heard tales of people who didn't realize there was a level up screen so that might be it too d:
There is a level up screen?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

After some trial and error, I found you access it with the enter key.

Any tips for the area with the 2 penis looking monsters on level 2? They get me every time!

Last edited:

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Not a knock against you or your games personally, but most indie games are pretty awful at communication.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Not a knock against you or your games personally, but most indie games are pretty awful at communication.
They can be. Especially when you're starting out as a dev you forget what the player doesn't know. There's plenty I could have done to show the player that there's a menu without being intrusive.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

There is a level up screen?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

After some trial and error, I found you access it with the enter key.

Any tips for the area with the 2 penis looking monsters on level 2? They get me every time!
Stop jumping in their mouths.

Alternatively, like most problems the answer is rolling, be it through enemies or using it to jump farther.

thswherizat

Reputation score

How goes the work life, Kyrieru?

No matter how many times I type it, I can't spell your name correctly without a reference.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

How goes the work life, Kyrieru?

No matter how many times I type it, I can't spell your name correctly without a reference.
Animating climaxes for the Eroico's update.
Praising lord and savior David Capello, creator of aseprite.
Cursing coffee
Cursing Christmas
Cursing Fall

Low on H-energy. Nobody makes anything.

sedness

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Kyrieru, do a kurovadis remake. I'll give you all of my money.