What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [Kyrieru] Lufuclad (Now with mods)

T20

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Absolutely just focus on spritework, I don't know why people fixate on high res CGs in these things. If you do any single thing well it's sprite stuff! That's what I'm looking forward to here (assuming this project actually makes headway)

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Seconded. Static CGs don't offer substitution to anything animated. They're boring, overrated and should have been limited to rpgmaker h games.

x1011001

Lurker
Reputation score
Adding to Tildryn's post: there are a bunch of artists that create static H-art every day, but only a few that can make interactive H-games. Fewer still can make them compelling. At the moment, I know no one better than Kyrieru.

Also, feedback: the struggle mechanic is dated and barely interesting. There is no danger of actually losing, so it's just a choice if the player wants to see the H-scene or not. A better way would be to flash random keys (wasd/numbers) at random difficulty, assigned to each individual mob. Keeps the player on his toes when there is a real chance of losing.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
For the most part nothing is like it will be in the game's intended format because none of the stats are implemented.
The game won't really have a struggle mechanic like the one in the game now.

That said, I think almost all struggle mechanics based on mashing, quicktime events, rhythm, are all equally pointless.

It's sort of like how some of the best H RPGs are ones with almost no combat. If you aren't going to put in something meaningful, at least put in something that isn't slow and tedious, or adding challange out of the player's hands. Otherwise people will just cheat or use saves. The gameplay has to add to the H in such a way that playing is more fun "and" a better way of experiencing the H than cheating or saves.

I have the same mentality about struggle systems. To me, an actual struggle system should be tactile, based on visual character animation, or based on thematic stats that have more than one desirable outcome other than sex/no-sex. Because I can't do anything meaningful yet, I prefer to at least make it simple and easy, and mashing is at least slightly tactile, whereas quicktime events are not. At this stage people only care about H, and so it's better to just give players the choice in a slightly thematic way.

fedefyr2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
For the most part nothing is like it will be in the game's intended format because none of the stats are implemented.
The game won't really have a struggle mechanic like the one in the game now.

That said, I think almost all struggle mechanics based on mashing, quicktime events, rhythm, are all equally pointless.

It's sort of like how some of the best H RPGs are ones with almost no combat. If you aren't going to put in something meaningful, at least put in something that isn't slow and tedious, or adding challange out of the player's hands. Otherwise people will just cheat or use saves. The gameplay has to add to the H in such a way that playing is more fun "and" a better way of experiencing the H than cheating or saves.

I have the same mentality about struggle systems. To me, an actual struggle system should be tactile, based on visual character animation, or based on thematic stats that have more than one desirable outcome other than sex/no-sex. Because I can't do anything meaningful yet, I prefer to at least make it simple and easy, and mashing is at least slightly tactile, whereas quicktime events are not. At this stage people only care about H, and so it's better to just give players the choice in a slightly thematic way.
Youre wise beyond your years! Always found it a strange argument when h-game makers were complaining about the GOR style mechanics or the likes. Its one of the few H-game specific elements that makes sense. It CAN combine gameplay, story and smut into one mechanic. Of course if its not the style of game ya making (i.e. with rape elements) it does not make sense. But at least it makes more sense than fucking combat-sex.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Really interesting read, particularly the bit you mentioned about creating, growing, shrinking, and destroying areas. Does this mean you'll need to create a bunch of modular zones that can grow/shrink/appear/disappear, or are you planning something more complex like procedural generation? I'm guessing the latter is very hard to pull off.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Really interesting read, particularly the bit you mentioned about creating, growing, shrinking, and destroying areas. Does this mean you'll need to create a bunch of modular zones that can grow/shrink/appear/disappear, or are you planning something more complex like procedural generation? I'm guessing the latter is very hard to pull off.
Not sure yet. Procedural generation wouldn't be difficult per se, but there is certainly more to it.

I assume the way it would work is I program the generator, which generates based on a seed. The seed would then be saved to the map tile.
When you enter the room, the map generates on the fly. Different areas sizes would work one of two ways.
1. Each tile of the patch is it's own area, with it's own seed, and you can move between them from within the areas.
2. The seed generates a full-size area every time, but it is cropped from the center by the patch size. The part of the area you enter would be dependent on how many tiles from the center you are. (Though I'm not sure how I would dictate which size you appear on)

Then map objects get laid down on top of it. Some would be randomized no matter what, whereas others would have their position in the room saved.

Derp666

Reputation score
Really enjoying your game so far, has a really nice art style and feel to it. Also enjoying how fast you're putting out updates keep up the good work.

You mentioned there will be a pregnancy system at some point, what do you have in mind for it? Is there a consequence to it or is there something you can do with the child?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Haha, a novel thought on that. When the MC gives birth, items pop out! Would be a great way to tie H content into gameplay.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Haha, a novel thought on that. When the MC gives birth, items pop out! Would be a great way to tie H content into gameplay.
How has this idea not been implemented in a hentai game by now? haha

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Really enjoying your game so far, has a really nice art style and feel to it. Also enjoying how fast you're putting out updates keep up the good work.

You mentioned there will be a pregnancy system at some point, what do you have in mind for it? Is there a consequence to it or is there something you can do with the child?
There would be stat and resource disadvantages to being pregnant. Once you have offspring though, they will be an entity that moves around to other areas, levels up, etc. By default they will live with you and require food, so at first they'd be a liability, but would slowly become more useful as they got stronger. They will be able to do anything other male/female entities do such as impregnating other entities or getting pregnant, etc.

The human variation of the offspring will also be a bit more detailed, compared to the monster versions which will just be the usual sprites.

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
How has this idea not been implemented in a hentai game by now? haha
It has, an old and honestly kind of crappy Hjrpg that's name escapes me has that system, others where having kids means they give you gifts.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
How to access stat screen. Enter doesn't work with v19
If I remove something temporarily, it's usually because it has no functional purpose yet.
That, or it means I've changed the key. I'll be including controls in a txt file from now on with a list of controls.