What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

The one I always hear about is that fine joint manipulation is forbidden, which is why you never see most of the kung-foo type stuff in there. other than that, yeah, I had no clue.

"Whatever you do, don't kick him in the balls."
"I thought you said 'anything goes'?"
"Yeah, but that just pisses him off..."

So I'm a Caitiff then? Or a Pander? Don't I get to choose my own disciplines then?

City Gangrel, you get Celerity, Obfuscate, and Protean, all at level 1 for now. Enjoy ;)In other news, I'm off to bed, nightie night :)

I think we lost Shrike and she's passed out on the keys again...

Or she could be in her ninja pajamas. *reads post* In more ways than one. Allrighty, if she's out, so am I. I'm *way* past my bedtime and I wasn't even doing my workout. Night, all. See you tomorrow eve (my time, anyway.)

City Gangrel, you get Celerity, Obfuscate, and Protean, all at level 1 for now. Enjoy ;)In other news, I'm off to bed, nightie night :)

Awesomesauce, thanks. Is there a list of disciplines though? I know Obfuscate and Protean, but Celerity doesn't ring a bell.
EDIT: Ah, I get to run really fast.

Last edited:

Just checking, but I have access to quietus too at this point, right?

I think so, I think you get all three but they are only level 1 powers. Like Rule has celerity, protean, obfuscate. I have obtenebration, dominate, and potency. Chibi gets auspex, celerity, and presence. You have quietus, celerity, and obfuscate. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory as to what they do, but you'll probably want to look up the individual powers yourself.

Also just out of curiosity is Luna still wearing her assassin outfit or is she dressed normally.

As Luna hasn't changed... I believe she's still wearing her black trenchcoat complete with black gloves, and boots... Oh and concealed knives in her sleeves, so yeah. She's still in her assassin outfit.

Not like it would really look that weird, considering I was just walking around town with a kindred wearing a big freaking sword.

Luna's sword is hidden in her trenchcoat anyway... :x So she wouldn't be suspicious, asides from the fact that a library assistant doesn't usually wear a black trenchcoat like one out of a movie or something...

A list of Disciplines. You just have to know where to look (Google). It's Requiem though. Are we using that, or Masquerade?
EDIT:
List of disciplines for VtM.

Last edited:

Luna's sword is hidden in her trenchcoat anyway... :x So she wouldn't be suspicious, asides from the fact that a library assistant doesn't usually wear a black trenchcoat like one out of a movie or something...

Depends on the library assistant. Granted, it's probably not kevlar grade, but trench coats aren't all that out of place. Unless it's noon in July.

Speaking of...Shrike...what's our "environment"? Is it nowish? Like July? (And on another note, I hear Canada is getting some freakishly hot weather lately?) Or are we looking at a different time? I'm guessing it's at least warm, since we're all running around without coats.

Alright, I'm back, let's see what all I missed:

Everyone turned has access to their clan's disciplines, all at level 1. Most of you are going to be considered Caitiff (clanless) by Kindred society for a fair bit at first, but just because you don't know which clan spawned you doesn't mean that you don't have one, it'll get figured out ;)

We are using Mind's Eye Theater, with a few small changes that don't much matter. The main book has a download link in the setting info thread, if anyone wants it. All that matters is the clans and disciplines, and the rules are fairly secondary, as far as tests are concerned. If it comes to PvP I use them, but other than that it's mostly what's best for the story.

Adam's sword was well hidden, you barely noticed it when he shook your hand, and didn't get a good look until he purposely showed you.

Yes, Luna's still got all her stuff, but this is a freebie, if you come to an 'elysium' instead of just a 'meeting' normally with weapons, they get held until after. Nobody though to search the fresh ones, but having a small armory pulled off her would start to raise questions Luna doesn't want asked, so give that a though when your gearing up for the next one, eh? ;)

Yep, pretty much now, as far as weather and stuff goes. I think Red Deer itself has gotten a lot of rain lately, but it averages about 20 Celsius this time of year, which is mild shorts weather, cause I don't know how to change to farenheit for the americans. So yes, warm enough that most people don't even think of bringing coats along.

Anywho, I go post now! :)

9/4 * Celsius + 32 = Fahrenheit.

In this case 77 degrees Fahrenheit

Well yeah, Luna would probably come with a hidden knife or two, and perhaps her sword "for show" (which would be confiscated). The rest however, such as flashbangs, smoke grenades, pepper spray, etc will be left at home during the meetings :x.

I got 68 degrees. I always thought Celsius to Fahrenheit was C*9/5 + 32... not 9/4....

100C * 9/5 = 180
180+32=212 F

So yeah, it's 9/5. So...

20C * 9/5 = 36
36+32=68 F

Shorts if you're a strange one. Then again, I never wear shorts....

It's a tad colder on average up here, so people are acclimated to it more. As a general rule, if it's hot enough to make the air inside your car warmer than outside, it's hot enough for shorts. Our summer usually ends up hanging around 20-25, with 30 being really hot and 40 being unbearable.

omfg, I leave for a few days and the chatter goes for pages. D: I'm going to be a while catching up, sorry Shrike, I didn't mean to abandon you. Other things kept popping up!

Looks like everything's going well though, woot! ^_^ I've been enjoying the game quite a lot so far, though I was having trouble coming up with chatter to keep going with for Jaylene. Back to making that happen!

Shorts and sandals year round. You get interesting looks if there's snow on the ground and you do that, though...

(As for the conversion thing: meh, 9/5 9/4 close enough for government work)

Back