What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Seems fair. I had a house rule for Tabletop with Celerity. If you spent a point, it meant either "you go first" or "you go twice." Doesn't exactly translate to forum gaming, but what you said makes sense.

I'm not as familiar as I'd like with tabletop unfortunately, but Celerity 2 and 4 both give extra actions in a turn, while 3 and 5 both give you a better chance at succeeding, all included in the same blood point in the larp system, so that wouldn't really work here.

In other news, I'm home, yay!

Double post, but it's been an hour, so meh :p

me sleepy, go bed now. night night!

Allrighty. Sleep well, Shrike. Catch ya on the flip side!

Oh, and something that's been tickling my mind. . .
A Brujah named Jack? Does he have a long beard and a couple of scars? Kinda old-ish, about in his 40s?

Oh, and something that's been tickling my mind. . .
A Brujah named Jack? Does he have a long beard and a couple of scars? Kinda old-ish, about in his 40s?

Shrike really hasn't given us too indepth descriptions of the NPCs beyond little bits here and there. I don't think, however, that a bears was mentioned with Jack. I recall the tipping of the non-existant hat, though.

Why? What's in your brain?

Shrike really hasn't given us too indepth descriptions of the NPCs beyond little bits here and there. I don't think, however, that a bears was mentioned with Jack. I recall the tipping of the non-existant hat, though.

Why? What's in your brain?
Warning: Large picture!
bloodlines6.jpg
"Smiling" Jack from Bloodlines. One of the most awesome characters in the game.

You know, I always thought he was Gangrel...

but no, isn't him, though i briefly considered making him give the group a tutorial, but I figured it would be too obvious ;)

You know, I always thought he was Gangrel...

but no, isn't him, though i briefly considered making him give the group a tutorial, but I figured it would be too obvious ;)

When you talk to him in downtown and ask him what clan he is, he answers Brujah. There is another Gangrel character in the game, though, who really doesn't seem to fit into the picture of the clan. . .

you want to see someone who doesn't fit the picture of their clan, just wait until you meet Mother Maggie :/

She sounds nice~!

XD

It's going to take me hours to catch up on all of these threads, isn't it? Any that I should avoid for the sake of reading in chronological order of the story?

She's sickeningly nice :/

And I think reading them in whatever order comes along almost fits the way I did this better, whichever way you read them you are going to find relations both in the ones you've already read and those you havent read yet. the only ones that are 100% chronologically tied are Eve, Jonas, Rosary, and Claire, in that order, but even them you can read in whatever order you want.

In other news, does Jaylene drive?

She does! She has a car that's not exactly new, but is functional. XD Was wondering how they were going to make it out to the highway, carpooling or take both cars?

Question: So do we have basic level of the disciplines or one of the two sub things under the disciplines?

Question: So do we have basic level of the disciplines or one of the two sub things under the disciplines?

The disciplines are determined by your clan. As Shrike said we all have 1 point in each discipline.
EDIT: How embarrassing, I messed up the links to the disciplines. Fixed them now.

Last edited:

Okay, so I'm confused now. XD The wampire that drains the person's blood is the group that the person winds up with, or the person that feeds them the blood? My character got nommed by one guy but 'saved' by another, so now that the deed's done I'm trying to figure out what treats she gets. X3 Or rather, which group she's going to wind up with... even if it won't make much difference for now, I'm sure.

Whoever gives you blood determines your clan, or family if you prefer because you now share the same blood. You could technically just give blood to anyone who's still warm and almost dead from anything and it would turn them the way the book describes it. Though I wouldn't do that since it breaks the rules as Jack stated to Eve.

Eh, doesn't the person have to be drained first? Otherwise it'd just turn the drinker into a Ghoul servant. Or that's how I figured it works.

That what I meant if the person is drained and still warm, you can give them blood to make them a kindred. At least that's the way I understood it, but I'm sure Shrike or Copper would know more.

So I'm guessing that if Charles is a maritime vampire wandering from coast to coast, he's probably a Gangrel? XD He seems so much more charming than what I'm reading from Rule's wiki links though... any other clans that are similarly nomadic but likely to get beaten on by big bald biker guys? :eek:

Back