What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

You think there's something more malign about it, then?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Could be, or it could just have been a clue that I completely forgot to pick up on. Which is why I'm so curious.

Oh no I'm all out of donut holes:eek:

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

XD I call them timbits... speaking of which, I kind of want to go get a bunch now. o_o And there's a Tim Horton's nearby, too... hmmmmm decisions!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well there isn't much happening here right now. Muahahaha. There calling you can't you hear them saying eat us.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry I wasn't around last night Shrike... but I'm sure you didn't mind a bit of a break with my character.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well there isn't much happening here right now. Muahahaha. There calling you can't you hear them saying eat us.
I actually managed to resist, which is a good thing because making stirfry for supper was probably WAY healthier (and tastier, too. XD)

Think we'll be able to get most of the other players into the intro thread by the end of the weekend? I'm crossing my fingers!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Darn my evil ploy didn't work. Time for plan B.

I think so Rashar's almost there, won't be long and then you should be there as well. Sinful and TWO should be able to move a lot quicker then everyone else did since Shrike can focus on them more. Tsuki I think already had a break planned into hers so we should be able to get there.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't wait to meet the Princess so that my character can tell him what-for for having his sheriff beat her buddy (what? Acquaintances count as buddies!) black and blue and then doused with fire. XD Or maybe just doused with fire... but I'm sure she's willing to attribute the beating to being the scourge's fault too. Medieval court shenanigans I don't think are going to be her thing.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If it makes any sense, I like Vincent from the player stand point (XD He's bloody suave sounding; it makes me giggle!) but the character hates him and wants to see him lit on fire... and she'll probably start yowling about doing it, too, whether or not she's capable of even getting close to him.

Thanks, dmronny... I read through the wiki page, but I'm really just playing Jaylene as how she'd react. XD Shrike deserves the credit for a good matchup more than anything, I'd guess!

Copper, I'm glad I'm not the only one! XD I like Raven as well... though for some reason I can't stop picturing him as a freckly carrot-top. O_O I don't know where I got that stuck in my head! I admit that I skimmed the prologue a bit, as there were so many posts when I came back that I felt like I had to hurry in order to catch up. XD I'll keep a close watch on her, I guess.

Dmronny, how much do you want to bet that your dude turning on the CD player was some weird thing to cover over psychic-ish listening in? Or something? XD
I myself dislike Raven, but he reminds me of my cousins cheating ex, who I really hate. From the player's standpoint I doubt if he would trust or like either of them though, so meh. Shrike does deserve the credit for the matchups, because they may seem kind of weird at first but they eventually seem to match perfectly.

Even as a gambling man I wouldn't take that bet since that's what came to mind almost immediately when it occurred.
Can't wait to meet the Princess so that my character can tell him what-for for having his sheriff beat her buddy (what? Acquaintances count as buddies!) black and blue and then doused with fire. XD Or maybe just doused with fire... but I'm sure she's willing to attribute the beating to being the scourge's fault too. Medieval court shenanigans I don't think are going to be her thing.
Sorry on the walls-o-quotes, but I want to focus on what I'm replying to, heh.

Wall...I can agree. Player-wise, mostly, I like Vincent, too. And be careful with the grumblings, but then, that's a Brujah for you. Patience and tact aren't always their strong suits *laughs* I have liked the NPCs thus far, though, so kudos to Shrike!

Now that you mention it, it might have been a "white noise" CD, not necessarily for psychic-ness, but bugs. Or it could just have been a clue that Mr. Businessman drives a crappy car *laughs*

As for Raven, nope, not a freckled, carrot-top. I asked Shrike for more of a description and I got "Mohinder Suresh, little cuter and with different hair." So no, no red-head *laughs* Sorry to hear my Sire reminds you of someone you don't like, Ronny. Maybe something positive'll happen to separate the two for ya.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

At least she actually has a reason to rebel instead of just doing it randomly like most seem to be described as doing.

She did describe him as looking like a used car salesman, so that could be it too.

Well looks wise he doesn't remind me of him at all, so I'll just think of him that way. I had to look up who the guy was since I don't watch tv.

I wish I hadn't just faked reading The Prince in school. I think it would help me characterwise, but some books are just too boring I don't care what teachers say.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I second that statement. But then, I've played the game. Course, it's difficult. I have to remember Izzy doesn't know this stuff yet *laughs*

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

It must be difficult playing a newbie when you're really not. XD I kind of like this method, though... it sounds to me like just playing a vampire and trying to get a specific clan might lead people to faking out and falling back on used cliches without really thinking about the character as a person, which is what the game sounds like it's hoping for players to do.

XD As for Brujah stuff... I can't imagine that rebelling just for the sake of it would make for very intriguing play. If things get settled with Vincent and the prince, I'd imagine that Jaylene would settle down nicely enough. >_> Though I doubt things will work out. Heh heh heh!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I hope that last post of mine made sense, keylo ninjaed me and I had to change it.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Never heard of The Prince, but what I consider a worse book is As I Lay Dying. It's about a family in which the mother dies and they have to carry her coffin one town over to burry her. The only interesting character in the book is in their upper 20's and you would swear isn't even ten yet. The character at one point drills holes in the coffin so that his mother can breath... because she is a fish. The character thinks his mother (A dead human woman) is a fish. I'm not joking. The character is a complete idiot in the way that they're so stupid it's annoying.

Oh, and one chapter has the mothers point of view. As a corpse.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds like someone was testing the theory that any old shit can get published if you tout it as being hoity toity. XD

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The Prince is by Macchiavelli it's a political treatise which gave us the term macchiavellian, which may make it more recognizable.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

You semi-ninja'd me, but I figure we can both be talking (and sounding like we're moderately agreeing on things) at nearly the same time, so all good. I swear I'm goign to have to keep two windows open, one for typing and one for reading *laughs*

And yeah, very rough at points, like not accidentally spouting off terms she wouldn't know. I am likely going to have her keep slipping and referring to herself/them as 'vampires' until she gets comfortable with the term "Kindred." *chuckles*

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Tell me about it, I'm getting afraid to type something because I keep getting beat to the punch.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Just remember to hit 'preview' before posting so that you can see if someone's slipped one in in the meantime. XD

(And with that, I'm off for the night. I'm just not a night owl, unfortunately! Cheers, all!)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That's a handy tip. Didn't know 'preview' refreshed like that. Thanks and g'night!