What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

I thought that Sabbat weren't so much about 'pfft, Masquerade' as much as 'the eldest shouldn't rule, the strongest should even if they're not the eldest!' XD Maybe I was reading a more Sabbat-friendly bit of information though.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The intelligent Sabbat care about the masquerade, simply because if humans did know they exist, it's a very real possibility that they could wipe vampires out completely. Usually, the only time they go about being so obvious is when they're attacking a Cam-held city, so as to tie up the bureaucrat's resources. Also, it's not so much 'The Elder's shouldn't rule', it's more like 'The Methuselahs (Super Elders) need to die, before they wake up and kill us all.'

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds a lot like poking a sleeping attack dog and hoping it will creel over and die, to me. XD Misguided good intentions = <3

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Methuselahs are third generation vampires, old enough to have actually known Caine, the first vampire, and founders of most of the clans you see now. The whole Vampire Armageddon story, called 'Gehenna', is about all the methuselahs waking up from their centuries long slumber and sating their thirst for blood on their children, which are today's modern vampires. The Tzimisce and Lasombra started the Sabbat by finding and killing their own Methuselahs, and every Sabbat member's goal is to Diablerize (Suck the soul out of older vampires, making themselves stronger) their way strong enough to do the same.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hm. The corpse looks burnt and can obfuscate? This does rather sound like another Nossie.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The corpse looked burnt because it was burnt, silly ;)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, just to double-check. Getting the basic level in something, our characters get six basic abilities, or do we pick one from each of the three categories so that we have three? Or do we just get the first on each list, and will potentially earn the second as the game goes on for a while and the ST feels we deserve 'em? (I'm just confused. XD)

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

You get the first, I have no idea why the book labels them like that. Oh wait, its for experience purposes, yeah, nevermind those, you start at the top of the list as move down as you go, got it?

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

That makes the most sense, thanks!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I just realized that it's going to be intersting when Jaylene arrives at the court house and sees me there.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

haha, nice :)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm waiting for that, too.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ahem. I wouldn't know, but are there actually demons in WoD? I think I remember seeing a corebook for them somewhere, but I'm not sure.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah demon: the fallen was one of the old world of darkness things.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

let's see, theres Demon, Wraith, Werewolf, Fae, Vampire, Mummy, and a few others i cant think of right now :)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Yup, I actually confirmed that fact before having Luna go on about it. Fitting as in other universes with Luna involved, her mentor IS a demon.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Old WoD:

Vampire: The Masquerade (Dark Ages: Vampire, Victorian Age: Vampire)
Werewolf: The Apocalypse (Dark Ages: Werewolf, Werewolf: The Wild West)
Mage: The Ascension (Dark Ages: Mage, Mage: The Sorcerers Crusade)
Kindred of the East ((Hengeyokai, etc)
Wraith: The Oblivion (Wraith: The Great War)
Changeling: The Dreaming (Dark Ages: Fae)
Hunter: The Reckoning (Dark Ages: Inquisitor)
Mummy: The Resurrection
Demon: The Fallen
Orpheus

New Wod:

World of Darkness
Vampire: The Requiem
Werewolf: The Forsaken
Mage: The Awakening
Promethean: The Created
Changeling: The Lost

Googleronny strikes again.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

D: I'm terrified if we run into werewolves. One of my friends was into the W:tA game in the past so I got a corebook for it and those things are like fucking tanks, even compared to vampires. *shudder* Big, hairy, smelly, MEAN tree-huggers. Blech.

*taunts a second time* Nobody cares about your angry-faces at the Weaver and the Wyrm, ya mongrels!

I just realized that it's going to be intersting when Jaylene arrives at the court house and sees me there.
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! :D

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Werewolves are designed to take down the abominations that are the living dead. One on one, my money's on the puppy.

As a side note, the discipline section is now FINISHED so feel free to paruse and ask any questions which might crop up from my trying to convert live action rules to something on a forum...

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Werewolves are designed to take down the abominations that are the living dead. One on one, my money's on the puppy.

As a side note, the discipline section is now FINISHED so feel free to paruse and ask any questions which might crop up from my trying to convert live action rules to something on a forum...
*applause* Go Copper! Where would you like your internet delivered? :D