What's new

League of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: League of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

She seems like she was hardly changed, except for her bouncing blades, which will be a lot less annoying now because you can better predict if they're going to bounce to you, and better for Kat players because they bounce the full amount of times. Although in my opinion, she's still weak as a solo queue champion because she needs a lot of help from a good teamcomp and her allies to successfully unleash the full power of her ulti.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

AIKA PLAYS LEAGUE NOW

CHALLENGE HIM TO 1V1'S TO TEACH HIM HOW TO WIN THE HARD WAY!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright people, in the faint hope that someone checks this thread from time to time, I've decided to write here and ask for some advice. You see, I've bought Riven recently, and having enough of Rift, I've decided to start playing Twisted Treeline. And Iąve quickly realized that the build order from Rift doesn't quite work there. So I've been doing some practice and experimentation, and came up with something that seems to work, somewhat. Here's what I've got so far.

Start with heart of gold.
Boots.
Brutalizer.
Mercury threads or Ninja tabi, depending on enemy team.
Bilgewater Cutlass. Hexdrinker if facing heavy AP.
Van Damm's Pillager.
Blade of the Ruined king.
Maw of Malmortius (if took hexdrinker).

This is what I've got so far, and well... I've kinda hit a snag here. Not sure what to build further. Well, I guess I could go for more damage and lifesteal with Sanguine Blade, some additional armor penetration with Last Whisper, maybe some durability with Frozen Mallet... But I'm just not sure what to build further. Which is why I'm hoping someone will share an opinion on what I've got so far and point me to some items worth considering.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In Twisted Treeline, teamcomps are infinitely more important than build order in terms of priority. I don't play treeline nearly enough to give valuable advice for Riven, but I can tell you that a bad teamcomp even with the best build will leave your team getting destroyed repeatedly.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I believe I've managed to observe that in action. I'm not particularly worried about team comp because I play solo queue anyway, so it's always a hit-or-miss. It's things that I can affect, like the build order, that concern me.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Just started playing this myself a week or so ago. summoner name is Ananha if anyone wants to team up, but be forewarned that I'm really just playing casually.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

How you should build your Riven all comes down to the in-game champions, if you have a support that can aid you with an Aegis and Zeke's go for more AD and CDR, you could even opt to take the Zeke's for yourself to get the 15% CDR from that if you don't want to make a Lucidity because their team have good CC, if they have good stuns and snares you should definitely get a Mercury. If they have a lot more damage potential then make Atma's/Malmortius, alternatively you may even go for a Grez's Lantern for AD and Armor, it's weaker than Atma but cheaper and provides an active reveal should you fight anyone with stealth. Can't kill them because they have a strong escape? Make Glacial Mallet. Trinity Force is fairly kickass on Riven despite its expensive cost, the AP and Mana boost may be wasted on Riven but the extra movement speed, crit, AS and HP helps greatly. You can start off with the Phage and later decide if you need the reliable slow from Mallet or the extra burst from TF by making an autoattack between each Q. As for penetration to boost your damage potential, Van Damm's is great due to the CDR, Vamp and great Penetration against squishy AD carries, but if anyone in their team starts stacking well over 100 armor to reduce the damage I suggest picking up a Last Whisper unless another AS-based champ on your team makes a Black Cleaver, if they still stack 200+ armor I'd still make a Whisper though. With low enough cooldowns and okay AD your E should be powerful enough to soak up a lot of damage with frequent usage (40% CDR gives it 3.6s CD on rank 5 with each shield lasting up to 2.5s), remember that the shield greatly benefits from additional resists. This is purely from my own experience from seeing other people play Riven and my own theorizing though and nothing like myself having played her a lot, but really, co-op with your teammates, shut down their CC if squishy enough or dash through to rape their carry.

Personally I've until recently been whoring the shit out of Treeline with Leona and my friend playing Kayle/Renekton the past week, though after losing 5 games in a row because for some reason pre-made teams with 1600+ ELO in ranked ladders can somehow end up in ELO hell against casual pubbers... we went back to Rift again. <.<

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, since I've recieved some help from you lot once, I figured I might try to ask again. This time, I've came to the stunning realization that I am somewhat bored with the way Mordekaiser is being built most of the time. As a Morde player, I've decided that something needs to be done about this. Hence the crackpot idea of making a hybrid AD/AP Morde. I've been going through some items and been trying to compile a list of possible options. As the local think tank, could you add a few cents on what you believe might be a decent choice, or whether the whole plan makes any sense at all? I've been thinking about starting with things like revolver and phage, then building up to stuff like Gunblade and Trinity, with some AP items added into the mix... Thoughts?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Quick thought:

With Mordekaiser, CDR, Health, and Regen are massively important.

The problem with going AD/AP hybrid, is balancing your Physical/Magical damage vs penetration.