What's new

League of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: League of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

Steal his blue. That's all you have to do to shut rammus jungle down.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Steal his blue. That's all you have to do to shut rammus jungle down.
Stealing blue slows his ganks and makes it harder for him to do them/sets him back a bit. Doesn't stop the ganks from being godmode anyway, and for him to eventually snowball into one of the best tanks.

New jungle changed that a bit, forget? Though truth be told, just counterpick Rammus with Trunde, steal his entire jungle and beat his armored ass out of it all day~...

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not afraid of a level 2 rammus rolling at me when I'm level 4 already because I stole his blue. :V

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

No, as the jungler you won't. But as for your failure of a level 5 solo lane who's over extending like a retarded will be when the level 2-3 Rammus taunt him just long enough to start snowballing his lane opponent out of control :V... And afterwards, it'll all be because "RAMMUS OP".

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

>Rammus appears
>Rolls in your path of escape
>Flash over him
>Laugh as he walks away in shame

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

>Rammus appears
>Rolls in your path of escape
>Flash over him
>Laugh as he walks away in shame
>Realize you already burned flash to not die from solo top Rumble/Shen/Renekton/Riven.
> FUUUUUUUUUU

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Opposing team:

>Applaud Rammus for godmode gank
>Forget own solo lane outplayed other solo lane to make gank possible.
> Rammus OP.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Wall-o-text about Nautilus.
He seems to have decent AP ratios too... And yeah, his ult is evil. For a tank, he's really damn powerful.

They nerfed mah fucking Defensive Ball Curl! THE BASTARDS!
They can keep nerfing him and he'll still be useful.

I rarely see Rammus, but when I do, I know the match is going to be a pain.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I hope this isn't a repost:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Thinking about builds for Karma, came up with this so far:

Summoner Spells: Ghost/Clairvoyance

Haven't played a game with it yet, but I will when I get the chance.

Thought process behind this was to make her tanky support, so that she can yell "SURPRISE BUTTSEX!" from behind the enemies, while still being able to support her team, rather than staying behind friendlies like most Karmas I see who build MASSIVE AP, but little to no survivability. Sure, they hurt, even moreso at low HP, but all it takes is proper timing or simply massive one- or two-hit burst and POP goes the Karma.
Also, like I said, this build will potentially let you get behind the enemy in a fight. Pop Karmic Bond, slow ALL the enemies while speeding up your teammate(s), you're still in range to heal your teammate(s) while ALSO damaging the enemy, and you can cast your shield on yourself if they turn around OR your teammate if they don't, or, hell, cast it on your teammate anyways because you're tanky and can take the damage.

Again, I haven't tested this build out in an actual game yet, and it may not be for everyone, but I feel it could hold it's own very well and thought I'd share it.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks like the kind of shit I'd build on Cho'Gath. With the right AP ratios, you hit pretty damn hard, and you're hard to damage as well. Kind of a "why won't he f***ing die" approach to a mage, not that it's a bad one mind you.

wazzup

Reputation score

I think someone of you might appreciate this:

Started playing Lulu.. she is by the far the most fun support champion in my opinion. Plus she looks so cuddly when she scampers around @@

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Lulu does a ridiculous number of things, only thing she can't do on her own is healing. Really nice support to have around, just give her a decent tank and carry and you're all set.

wazzup

Reputation score

Lulu does a ridiculous number of things, only thing she can't do on her own is healing. Really nice support to have around, just give her a decent tank and carry and you're all set.
Yeah, that what I've been going for. I went 0-4-26 for masteries. Runes I went Quint- gold
Red - Mana regen
Blue- Mana regen
Yellow - Health per level.

I'm thinking that I should switch out the Yellow for gold/s as well. As for the items I've mainly been going for CD boots, Locket, the thingy after philosopher's stone, aegis, and I never get far enough to get something else...

But yea, Lulu is so fun to play. Giving her a heal ability would just make her too well rounded I guess?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yeah, that what I've been going for. I went 0-4-26 for masteries. Runes I went Quint- gold
Red - Mana regen
Blue- Mana regen
Yellow - Health per level.

I'm thinking that I should switch out the Yellow for gold/s as well. As for the items I've mainly been going for CD boots, Locket, the thingy after philosopher's stone, aegis, and I never get far enough to get something else...

But yea, Lulu is so fun to play. Giving her a heal ability would just make her too well rounded I guess?
Giving Lulu a heal would = CRAZY fucking nerfs later, to the point of her being unplayable. Not that I don't forsee her being nerfed as she is now, but she may still be playable when all is said and done.

Runes are w/e. Personally, I try to increase my survivability, and I LOVE Movement Speed Quints. Outrun a lot of shit I shouldn't be outrunning quite a bit, simply because I have MS Quints and the other guy doesn't.
Masteries, I go with 9/0/21. Utility Tree I make sure to grab the gold/sec and initial gold increase, as well as mana and mana regen. Offensive I just go straight down the third column for AP, CDR, and MPen. You don't get a lot, but it helps out a little bit, especially early.
Items, I ALWAYS get Merc Treads unless the enemy has practically NO CC, or has so little of it and would have a difficult time hitting me with it. If not Merc Treads, Ionian or Sorc boots work well. Doran's Ring is decent to start with, but if I'm feeling ballsy I'll try to rush Catalyst so I can get my RoA ASAP. Zhonya's Hourglass and Banshee's Veil are nice defensive items, while Rabadon's Deathcap and Morello's Evil Tome provide a nice amount of AP/CDR.

One game I felt pretty damn ballsy, said 'fuck it', and grabbed Rabadon, Archangel, and Mejai. OH THE PAIN. Also had on... fuck, brain fart, the 40% MPen item... can't remember ANYWAYS, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Rylai's. Kept near my team's Nunu for the MS buff (I asked him to keep throwing it on me, it was awesome), and Janna's passive helped out in that department as well. Was still kinda slow, but Rammus and Caitlyn kept the enemies off me fairly well.

I kinda want to play Dominion now so I can enlarge a Cho'gath while the uber buff is on him as well..... and hope he has massive amounts of MS (or at least MS Masteries, Quints, and an item or two..... as well as ghost..... and a MS buff from an ally).

wazzup

Reputation score

Giving Lulu a heal would = CRAZY fucking nerfs later, to the point of her being unplayable. Not that I don't forsee her being nerfed as she is now, but she may still be playable when all is said and done.

Runes are w/e. Personally, I try to increase my survivability, and I LOVE Movement Speed Quints. Outrun a lot of shit I shouldn't be outrunning quite a bit, simply because I have MS Quints and the other guy doesn't.
Masteries, I go with 9/0/21. Utility Tree I make sure to grab the gold/sec and initial gold increase, as well as mana and mana regen. Offensive I just go straight down the third column for AP, CDR, and MPen. You don't get a lot, but it helps out a little bit, especially early.
Items, I ALWAYS get Merc Treads unless the enemy has practically NO CC, or has so little of it and would have a difficult time hitting me with it. If not Merc Treads, Ionian or Sorc boots work well. Doran's Ring is decent to start with, but if I'm feeling ballsy I'll try to rush Catalyst so I can get my RoA ASAP. Zhonya's Hourglass and Banshee's Veil are nice defensive items, while Rabadon's Deathcap and Morello's Evil Tome provide a nice amount of AP/CDR.

One game I felt pretty damn ballsy, said 'fuck it', and grabbed Rabadon, Archangel, and Mejai. OH THE PAIN. Also had on... fuck, brain fart, the 40% MPen item... can't remember ANYWAYS, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Rylai's. Kept near my team's Nunu for the MS buff (I asked him to keep throwing it on me, it was awesome), and Janna's passive helped out in that department as well. Was still kinda slow, but Rammus and Caitlyn kept the enemies off me fairly well.

I kinda want to play Dominion now so I can enlarge a Cho'gath while the uber buff is on him as well..... and hope he has massive amounts of MS (or at least MS Masteries, Quints, and an item or two..... as well as ghost..... and a MS buff from an ally).

Hmm sounds like you like playing Lulu as an AP based champ. I'm still trying to figure out what is better. Because Lulu full support is great and all, but you can't fully maximize her buff potential since she'll have no AP. I'm thinking about trying a hybrid support AP to give her spells more durability and effectiveness. I think you choice of runes is really interesting, more like a unique-what-fits-your-style type. I'm still in the conventional style stage, maybe i'll try to experiment around in the future.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, she'll probably get a nerf. Still, considering what Riot does to healing abilities and champions with them, maybe it's better if she doesn't have it...

Had a feeling she'd hurt a lot with the right build. And the item you forgot is Void Staff.

Let's make us a kaiju! Add a Lulu on team and ask her to ult you for maximum oversize. Come to think of it, Surge also enlarges a champion, right?