Reputation score
Re: League of Legends: Builds, Tips, and Tricks

Huh. Who's Neo, again?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He calls for a gank, and then runs and hides while the awesome me runs in.

Vayne&Soraka: "Let's focus on the bear. That Gangplank is garbage."

And so they do focus the bear. I'm forced to retreat and Neo complains about the horrible gank, which he didn't participate in.

And then he kill stealed for a while, getting 9 kills and only 1 assist. Major contribution to any fight: Using an ult that doesn't really bother anyone, and saving his gunshot for an enemy with low health.

Of course he tried to take the carry route, but he just died instantly so he stopped doing that.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Your amazing misrepresentation of the whole game was astounding, my favorite part is probably where you said we were up against Vayne and Soraka, when it was a Vayne and Trynd.

Or it could be I was KSing when I was doing all the damage, or the part were I had about 10 assists when the game ended.

Whichever one.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

About when Grave started being the actual carry; more kills than you, and higher damage done at the end of the game.

Oh, and always separating from the team, only popping in once the fight's started to get off a good gunshot and quickly flee for good measure. Glad we had that 1000 damage critshot.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

About when Grave started being the actual carry; more kills than you, and higher damage done at the end of the game.

Oh, and always separating from the team, only popping in once the fight's started to get off a good gunshot and quickly flee for good measure. Glad we had that 1000 damage critshot.
If you keep on saying it's true, it will be.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait, what? When did that happen?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Our last game. Now Neo's mad at me for making fun of him.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Riiight... You guys deal with that on your own. I think I'll go and do something productive for once.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are you trying to say fighting over a video game is unproductive?

It breeds character.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh. This is hardly a fight. I mean, sure, you're waving your e-peens alright. But where's the blood? The really hardcore insults? Where's the goddamn flame?

What I see here is no different from a typical conversation between me and my friends. Friendship based on mutual hatred - now that builds character.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I didn't really fight at all, I just kinda danced around a said stuff.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Love is something that comes and goes, but hate lasts forever.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I thought you were just screwing around.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Only if it's screwing you around.

Wait, that was terrible. If only I had paid attention when Dark told me how to delete threads, instead of making fun of him.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

ANYWAYS.

Ack I wish I read this sooner, I've been basically following the recommended items when I first started. I've been playing so much LoL that I haven't been coming on ulmf that frequently.

Dude this is awesome. This will be quite useful for me to plan out which runes I'll need when I hit lvl 20. I haven't touched the runes section at all. My friends tell me to not buy Tier 1 or 2 and just wait for Tier 3 runes.

It took me a while to wrap my head around the building and character development in LoL. I feel like in DotA you can make more random or unique builds work, whereas in LoL characters are generally more tied to AP, AD, and Tanking (probably missing an essential category).

I tried out Archangel's Staff and I personally really like it, but my friends tell me I should forgo Archangel and build something like Deathcap first. Their reasoning was that it takes too long to build up the Archangel Staff passive mana bonus.

I did try goofing around with Ahri and made an ineffective, messed-up build with the following items: Sunfire cape, pene boots, warmong, force of nature, and something else. Needless to say I didn't do much. BUT I did manage to miraculously get a kill with the Sunfire Cape AoE damage oO.

The build I've been going for mainly with Ahri is boots, two doran's rings for the early build directly into Rylai, and then Deathcap. After that I build depending on the situation.

I also tried out Skarner, but I suck balls with him. I'm not very good at reading the flow of the battle so I always end up jumping in per-maturely and getting my ass kicked. But I can't give up on Skarner because he reminds me of Sand King in DotA.

Yeah, Tier 1 and 2 runes aren't really worth it. Unless they're the special holiday limited-time-offer ones.

Like I said, Archangel can be saved for last, but Tears of the Goddess NEEDS to be built as soon as you can if you plan on getting Archangel or Manamune. If you don't, the bonus will be shit.
Deathcap is nice if you can get it early (being fed to shit), but it should really be the fourth or fifth item you get if the enemy team is playing decently. Now, the Needlessly Large Rod, THAT you can get early. The thing is, getting Deathcap ASAP is nice, but if you're saving for that and forgoing other items, sure, you'll have nice AP, but if you're squishy as hell, well, they'll just focus you and destroy you before you can destroy them.

Attack Speed Annie with 100% Crit. LOLOLOLOL

Tried out Ahri a little, you REALLY want mana on her. My god, I kept running out early and mid game, and I wasn't simply spamming like crazy.

Skarner is a fun jungler, but like you said, you need to be able to tell when to jump in, and when to wait. It also helps if you're playing with people you know instead of randoms, since half the time randoms seem to be pansies, and the other half they over-commit and feed like hell.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

#1) Nautilus is stupid powerful right now.

#2) As soon as Leaguecraft decides to behave, I'll post a link to my build for him.

#3) LOL Vayne has a Valentine's Day skin.

#4) Screw it, here's a text list of my build for Nautilus.

Typical game:
- Merc Treads
- Rod of Ages
- Warmog's Armor
- Frozen Heart
- Force of Nature
- Sunfire Cape
- Runes:
- - 9x Magic Pen Marks
- - 9x Mana Regen Seals (seriously considering swapping these for Hp per level*)
- - 9x CDR per level Glyphs
- - 3x Movement Speed Quintessences
- Masteries:
- - Offensive (0):
- - Defensive (21):
- - - 0 3 3 0
- - - / 4 1 /
- - - 2 1 3 0
- - - 0 0 0 /
- - - / 3 0 /
- - - / 1 / /
- - Utility (9):
- - - 1 3 0 1
- - - / 4 0 0

*Noticing that, with Pot, I'm getting stupid close to 5K Health on Nautilus with this setup. I think that with Hp per level Seals, I could definitely get 5K Hp, or at least so VERY close (without the Hp Seals and with pot, it's about 4.8K some-odd health.

Passive: Nautilus' basic attacks deal an additional 2 + (6 × level) physical damage and immobilize his target for 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 seconds.
This effect cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 12 seconds.

- - This is stupid powerful. Not the damage, the root. That momentary stall can completely fuck someone over. The damage isn't too bad either. Especially when you consider that, at level 18, without any other source of damage, your BASIC attack deals 111 damage.

Dredge Line (Q): Nautilus hurls his anchor forward. If it hits an enemy unit, Nautilus drags himself and the target together dealing magic damage and stunning them briefly. If the anchor hits terrain, Nautilus will drag himself forward and the cooldown is reduced by 50%.
Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana
Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds
Magic Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+0.75 per ability power)

- - Great chase AND escape tool. I can see this getting nerfed, at least the CDR component of it. That's just fucking crazy.

Titan's Wrath (W): Nautilus surrounds himself with dark energies, shielding him from damage for up to 10 seconds. While the shield persists, Nautilus' basic attacks apply a damage over time effect to all units around his target, dealing damage over 2 seconds.
Cost: 80 mana
Cooldown: 26 / 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 seconds
Magic Damage: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 (+0.4 per ability power)
Shield Amount: 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+10% of bonus health) OH HAI MALPHITE

- - This is why I grab so much Health. On the one hand, I think the shield itself is a little weak. On the other hand, no, not really. It's about in line with other shields, if not a little on the powerful side. It's the damage component that makes it really scary, though. Makes all of your basic attacks AoE, as well as makes them do damage over time. In the middle of a group fight, this will ruin many people's day.

Riptide (E): Nautilus slams the ground, causing the earth to explode around him. Each explosion deals magic damage to units in the area and slows them for 2 seconds. This slow diminishes over time.
A unit can be hit by more than one explosion, but they take 50% less damage from additional explosions.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana
Magic Damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+0.5 per ability power)
Slow Amount: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50%

- - Decent range, but don't use it if they're not within basic attack range. The wave takes a bit to travel, and if someone's not close enough they won't be hit by even one, let alone all 3. Still, it's a really nice AoE slow, and when used in the middle of the enemy team, seriously cripples them for a couple seconds.

Depth Charge (R) (ULTIMATE): Nautilus fires a shockwave that chases an enemy champion. This deals magic damage to enemies it passes through and knocks them into the air.
The shockwave explodes upon hitting its target dealing magic damage, launching them into the air and stunning them.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80 seconds
Pass Through Magic Damage: 125 / 175 / 225 (+0.4 per ability power)
Explosion Magic Damage: 250 / 350 / 450 (+0.8 per ability power)
Stun Duration: 1 / 1.5 / 2 seconds

- - Dear God. This is going to get nerfed. I just know it. What it does for it's mana cost is just insane. High damage TARGETED nuke that can knock up enemies between you and the target. And then it knocks up AND STUNS the target. AND it picks up speed as it travels. Hmm..... gonna have to test this against a movement speed Rammus, but pretty sure it chases you until you hits you, picking up more and more speed as it travels. That, or test it against a champion right as they teleport back to base. See if it'll follow them home.
In any case, this Ulti is STUPID strong, and with max CDR, enemies will be crying EVERY SINGLE TIME you use this.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

They nerfed mah fucking Defensive Ball Curl! THE BASTARDS!