Leena's Bed and Breakfast

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Leena's Bed and Breakfast

Leena shook her head. "Afraid not. If I see one though I'll send them your way."

She would wait until Roger had left before replying to Ellen. "This might surprise you, but it's mostly false confidence. Chris felt that the previous batch of people sent in here didn't take things seriously enough, and he was right. The first group was wiped out in the London incident a few years ago, and the group before you all mishandled an artifact and got themselves killed. He wrongly blames himself for their deaths and places the blame for that on his shoulders, feeling he should have been there for them when they needed him. He knows there was nothing he could have done with the last two, but he still blames himself. He's also convinced himself that he can't show any sign of 'weakness' to others, I'm not sure why exactly. All I can tell you is that I've known him since before Allison, and her death hit him very hard. He's never been the same since then, and not all of that has to do with his physical changes."

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira walks into the room and looks around, freezing after seeing that Roger was in the room. Letting out a yelp, Akira backs away, "I am sorry! D...Don't hurt me! Just keep the thing!" With that, Akira turns around and runs away again seemingly in a random direction.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ellen lets out a sigh at the antics between Roger and Akira, turning to face Leena again afterwards.

"Sounds about right, I figured it was either false bravado or stupid bravado." Ellen said simply. She seemed to switch between a highly cultured tone and vocabulary, to a street kid's 'devil-may-care' attitude almost every other sentence. "Do you have any questions? Chris told me Claudia's into grilling all the new people, I might as well warm up for it."

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Though Connor was less focused on his surroundings, he couldn't help but notice people who came and went. Leena had walked away with some girl, one of the others who was brought here with him, turning back to his drink when he saw them start a conversation. However, it was hard not to shoot up in interest at the man who came in, apparently looking for someone who popped in right behind him, freaked out, and ran off again. Not trying to be rude, Connor couldn't help but laugh out loud at it, trying to choke the laughter down with more of his milk so it wouldn't be taken offensively.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leena shook her head this time. "No, you effectively answered everything I would have wanted to know, and he's right, Claudia tends to ask a lot of questions. She does it to be friendly though, especially if she thinks your young or not much older than her. Typical of a teenager who didn't get to live out her younger years. I won't say everything about her past, but suffice it to say part of the reason she's stayed here at the warehouse and not run off is because she feels she owes us for saving her brother. Tell me, have you ever heard the legend of Rheticu's compass?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Rheticus', not Reticu's, if it's what I'm thinking of." Ellen corrects her. "Something about teleportation, correct?"

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger sighed, looking up at the ceiling as Akira ran away again, and spoke, without looking, at the red haired man laughing at the other side of the room, "Yeah, real funny, dickhead. I'm fuckin' hysterical." he sighed.

After a moment of thinking, he just decided he didn't want to deal with the situation anymore, and wanted to be alone, to think to himself for a time. "But, that fuckin' eye scanner... It won't let me out, I think..." he then looked over to Lenna and the woman, having some kind of secret conversation, "I bet your eyes work... Although I don't feel like getting on anymore bad sides today, so I'll wait until they're done with their little private chat."

With that, Roger put some distance from himself, and the two women talking in secrecy, and walked over to the man with the spiky red hair who was laughing earlier. "Hey," he said, taking steps closer to him, "I'm glad you at least got something good out of that, now I need to find a new room, and figure out how I'm gonna give this piece of shit back to that guy," he said, gesturing with the PDA, and sitting in a seat not too close, and not too far from the man.

"So," he started as he sat down, "What's your deal? What made you come here?" he asked, wanting to get a better picture of everyone's different reasons for coming to this warehouse.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leena nodded. "Correct. Long story short, Claudia's brother got trapped inside of it. Chris helped get him back for her."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Interesting." Ellen said casually, spotting the street punk looking antsy in their direction. "I think you're wanted." She states quietly, motioning towards Roger.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So it would seem. I will bid you a good night then, enjoy your stay."

She then gets up and walks across, moving in near Roger before speaking. "Was there something I could help you with?"

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Spitting up his milk up, almost choking on it a bit in surprise to the mans comment back to him, Connor brought his drink back down in front of him.

Yeah, I kinda deserved that one

He tried to turn away, hoping to save a bit of embarrassment, but turned his head back quickly when he realized the man was approaching him. Trying to convey no hard feelings, he straightened up and tried to appear very serious.

"Hey, I didn't mean anything, I just.. I don't know why I'm here. I'm assuming it was a mistake. It didn't sound like there was much choice, so I figured, why not at least be courteous until they find out what went wrong and tell me I can go."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger shrugs, hearing them speak up enough so he could hear, "By all means, ladies, don't let me interrupt you." he said.

"What was that weird vibe I got from that goth chick? Damn, I'm getting a bad feeling, just by looking at her... But, come to think of it, I've been getting nothing but bad feelings lately... Yeah, I suppose just some weirdo shouldn't spook me, as opposed to an artifact that could steal my sanity... Man, I gotta calm down..." he thought, and suddenly caught himself looking at the woman as if she were a threat to him, eyes looking for murder, before blinking, and looking away, over to Leena

"Uh... Yeah..." he started, before scratching the back of his head, "I was gonna go for a walk, but I don't think that little thing will let me out, will it? The security you have set up? Is there any way you could let me outside for a breather?" he asked as politely as he could, despite the sudden feeling he got from the hooded woman... A dangerous feeling.

And then, he also remembered the red headed guy he talked to a second ago, and silently scolded himself for losing his focus. He turned over to Connor and nodded, "It's cool, don't sweat it." he told Connor, letting him know he wasn't going to hold any grudges just for laughing.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Goth? Now now, don't fall into stereotypes, she's wearing a hoody and sweatpants that look dirty and lived-in, and her skin is pale, but not to the point of looking unhealthy.))

Ellen smiled and nodded as Leena got up and left, staying in her seat for the moment. Her smile returned as she caught the street kid glaring at her, although more sarcastically. She winked and made a kissing motion in his direction, laughing to herself as she stood and walked over. "That actually brings to mind a new question." She said, directing herself at Leena. "When will we be able to come and go ourselves? It shouldn't be that hard to get added to the system, would it?"

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Heh, I learned the differences a while ago. I'm not sayin' that actually goth, hehehe, I'm sayin' that's what Roger thinks it is. :p He doesn't see people who look like Ellen often.)

Roger blinked at the sarcastic wink, and kiss made in his direction, and shook his head, trying to put it off. That is, until the woman got closer. Roger felt an unbearable sensation of danger surge through his body. He stopped breathing, and at the same time, his heart demanded more oxygen, due to it suddenly increasing in it's beats.

Roger suddenly shot up from his seat, and took several desperate steps away from Ellen, panting heavily, as if he had somehow exhausted himself just by sitting where he was. "What the hell!?!" he shouted in his mind, finding that through his gasps for air, he could not speak those words, "Why do I feel... Afraid!?! I haven't felt this way in a long time... Not since I had someone put a gun to my head! I felt like I was gonna have a heart attack when she got close... Why? Maybe... That's her little trick? Like the mind reader? Is she just fucking with me!?!" His thoughts ran frantically through his mind, trying to find an answer to all of the surprise, and questions that arose, only to yield no results, leaving him to shudder constantly, and regain his broken composure...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((He thinks so? *does a little twirl, arms out* I was going more for the cleaned-up hobo kinda look, but alright ;) ))

Ellen raised an eyebrow at him, her nostrils flaring a bit before she chuckled. "Take it easy kid. If it makes you feel any better, I was kidding. You're not my type anyways." She says in all seriousness, before turning back to Leena.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The words from the woman didn't register in his mind to any great extent, all other feelings were consumed by some strange sensation that went berserk the moment she drew near him.

"Now that I think about it... I felt this way ever since I got here... I can't stand it... I don't know if this is fear, or something else... But I've got to get outside... Before I go insane!"

Roger swallowed a lump in his throat, and shook his head, "Leena..." he said weakly, looking to the woman, knowing she has to know what he was feeling. "Please... C-can ya let me outside? I really need some air here..." he said, almost pleading, as a bead of sweat ran down his face.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ellen successfully suppressed another chuckle as her face took on a look of concern. "Hey, you alright, kid? Look, I'm sorry, alright?" She says apologetically, stepping closer and trying to pat him on the shoulder.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As the woman stepped closer, and even reached her hand out, Roger felt the sensation build inside him once more, and for every step she took towards him, he took one away, until he met the wall, stopping him from backing away. Roger's heart was beating a half a dozen times a second now, as Ellen got closer to him. Until he couldn't take it anymore.

Like an animal backed into a corner, Roger barred his teeth, as if ready to bite, and tear into Ellen, threatening her, "Get the hell away from me!" he demanded in a shout. He was crouched down, seemingly enough to make a lunge, or attack at Ellen...

If anyone looked at Roger now, he'd either looked truly terrified, or truly enraged, depending on how they looked at the situation...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

For a split second, Roger alone saw the malice he was looking for earlier, the killer's stare that made his blood run cold. An instant later, and it was gone, Ellen putting both hands in the air as she backed off. "Alright fine, forget it, I tried being nice, I'm going to go lay down." She said in an annoyed tone of voice, turning her back to him and starting to walk from the room.

Dear fucking God, am I surrounded by Miss Cleo's extended fucking family, or what! She thinks angrily to herself as she stalks off in a huff.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger felt a lot of the tension release from his body as Ellen walked away, and disregarded him. And because all the tension that fueled his body faded, he didn't even have the energy to stand, and ended up sliding down the wall, into a sitting position, panting with even more exhaustion from the stress put on his mind.

"What have I gotten myself into...?" he wondered, "That look she gave me... At that moment... For some reason... I was ready to die... Granted, I would have made sure to remove one of her eyes... But still..." Roger sighed, and went limp, letting his muscles go loose.

"I definitely won't be getting any sleep... Not after that..."