What's new

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Hell yeah! The Left 4 Dead free demo is out on Steam! I'm downloading it now as we speak. Anyone else downloading the demo/going to purchase it when it comes out?

My friend told me it was sick as hell. Absolutely mind blowing how many zombies are coming at you and your team mates at a single time. There are only ten weapons, and he said only six of them are on the demo.

In any case, this game is looking great. Anybody else getting it?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: LEFT 4 DEAD DEMO

I think I'll jump on that soon, I've been a bit busy. I've been playing zombie panic in anticipation but people better start learning how to work as a team cuz I'd hate depending on dumbasses for Left4Dead

Nice tags btw

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Well from preview articles, apparently it's literally impossible to beat a stage without teamwork. It would totally suck if it turned into another Counter-Strike, because then it would kill the point of the game.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, I've found no trouble with teamwork in CS, but that's because I build myself up to be a regular with servers and I'm generally friendly and likable to everyone, but zombie panic is so quiet to me and no one really says anything, and if they try to do teamwork, they don't really communicate it. It's just pretty poor in my experience, even with my standard play which focuses primarily in teamwork.

Lurker
Reputation score

So long as the idea of online co-op is reinforced by in game co-op, it should be fine. The trouble I have with most co-op shooters is that you finish the campaign before you ever go online, and the campaign has your character as an epic, heroic, indestructible, godlike being that shines light from every orifice and destroys all he deems unworthy of being. This inevitably leads to communication issues when playing in anything other than a competitive mode.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Link for the lazey people! Link for the lazey people! Iwantitsodamnbadzombiecoopomgwtfbbq!!!!!1!!!!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

calm down honeypot, you'll get your chance

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I got it off X-Box live, it finished a minute ago, but I'm not going to play it until tomorrow because Mythbusters and South Park are on soon.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Alright. I just played an online game with three other random people. IT WAS LIKE THE GREATEST ORGY IN THE WORLD.

I don't know about anyone else, but I had really friendly and really teamwork-oriented players. We pretty much kicked ass.

The zombie swarm is unnerving, but the teamwork part really calms you down. What's really scary is that he zombies SPRINT almost all the time.

The weapons are awesome. You get the standard pistol, pump shotgun, and SMG. Then later you'll find the upgraded version, the auto shotgun, the sniper rifle, and the assault rifle. You can find pipe bombs and molotovs.

Right now I don't feel like talking about it. I just wanna get back into playing it again.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Alright. I just played an online game with three other random people. IT WAS LIKE THE GREATEST ORGY IN THE WORLD.

I don't know about anyone else, but I had really friendly and really teamwork-oriented players. We pretty much kicked ass.

The zombie swarm is unnerving, but the teamwork part really calms you down. What's really scary is that he zombies SPRINT almost all the time.

The weapons are awesome. You get the standard pistol, pump shotgun, and SMG. Then later you'll find the upgraded version, the auto shotgun, the sniper rifle, and the assault rifle. You can find pipe bombs and molotovs.

Right now I don't feel like talking about it. I just wanna get back into playing it again.
Sounds like it's worth the hour or so wait!

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Note to self... Never make sexual similes near Nunu.

PinkNeko

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey!! I am starting my own server and all for L4D
So look for a Pink kitty on Steam thats me.
I beat the demo on expert many times, even times were we didnt die once.
I am a good at sniping, even on the first level I get most headshots.

I only play on the PC too, and I will give out my server info once its out and all

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I managed to get a Steam and the Demo all easy, no questions asked. I was happy panda, and managed to hop online for a game before hopping out to pick up sis from work.

2 word. HOLY SHIT!

From the helecoptor running over the city to the first time, to the first time grabbed from the Lickers from hell, this game is shooter gold.

I started at the first level, on Easy, playing as Zoie (naturally, for I like being the fairer sex kicking ass. Or in this case, almost total raepage...

Among the things I suffered that game was a little bit of lag during some of the crowded moments (basicly switch to my automatic weapon and start firing) had a very interesting heart-to-heart with a Hunter (almost loosing it during that time) a little tounge action with a Smoker (it's gross no matter what context you put it) and got all sorts of bad things with a Boomer (Vomit and the namesake boom). That and my allies gave me a hell of a lot of 'friendly fire' demerits >.>

Luckily, I wasn't the genius that set the Witch on himself by running RIGHT INTO IT. Ironicly, he was the same one on the mic telling me how to play. Stay away from the smoke, look out for the Boomer, STAY AWAY FROM THE WITCH, etc. Aw well, he got some lead during one of my trigger-happy moments, so all's good.

Managing to reach a safe house easily, fighting with people and AI getting your back, and dealing more headshots then everyone else put together just gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, and that was just the multiplayer part of the demo!

There's one thing left as I lull myself off my caffine-fueled gunhigh...

Thank GOD I didn't see a tank!

PinkNeko

Lurker
Reputation score

Tanks are easy, just alot of your team will die.
Witches... Call in a sniper (Thats me!)
took one down without a hair on any one being touched before.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I just downloaded and played it, really good game.

And witches are actually pretty easy, my first witch, molotov+pipebomb+ machine gun= dead witch

Now that tank... Imagine that one, in a small room(Hallway actually), I'm trying to back out of the room away from it, and guess what? My team was nice enough to close the doors on me. It just felt good to watch that thing kill them right after that.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I just ran into a tank today

LITERALLY

Here I was, almost to the room with the chaingun, when I could see one around the corner of that small room

Naturally, I shot

And naturally, I was stuck into the wall 30 feet away and up on the staircase

Literally, I saw the tank rush under my tiny perch I managed to stand on and chase my allies to the empty carpark. I dropped down and started giving him automatic fire like hell!

He didn't last too long after that.

I also figured out a few tactics. When you hear a boomer, go to a middle of a room and keep an eye on the entries. Hunters, on the other hand, are stealthy and tend to crouch in the most likely path. Luckily, the Hunters are vulnerable after pinning someone, so whacking them with any gun will help there. Finally, Smokers. Only advice- follow that tounge!

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The witch scared the holy shit out of me. My team was telling me, "Turn off your flashlights!"

I thought I had them on, when I really had them off, so I clicked the flashlight button. A few seconds later, I died. It was scary as hell.

Oh, and my steam ID is Monknanas.

And one more thing. Neko, are you under the name, "ipwnu"?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

The witch scared the holy shit out of me. My team was telling me, "Turn off your flashlights!"

I thought I had them on, when I really had them off, so I clicked the flashlight button. A few seconds later, I died. It was scary as hell.

Oh, and my steam ID is Monknanas.

And one more thing. Neko, are you under the name, "ipwnu"?
Even worse was when the Witch was next to the Ammo Table in the Subway. Couldn't get around, so I did the only thing possible: Shot the fucker.

I got downed, but my allies managed to rescue me. GOOD GOOD GOOD AI by the way, this and the tank episode mentioned above was single player

Steam ID: shadowfaxmaster, though for some reason I show up as dragon_kid on L4D. Maybe because of my e-mail