What's new

[WIP - Full] 聖樹伝説 / Legend of The Holy Tree (Machine Translation)

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Thread:
https://ulmf.org/threads/legend-of-the-holy-tree-rj244337.12942/#post-1040175
Dlsite:

Gaijinizer Translation (game ver1.00, translator ver0.8.4, patcher ver 0.2.3, patch 2019/04/05): [first patch]

You won't have any issue navigating in the different menus.

You'll find some engrish in talks. There's nothing I can do before I add more to the dictionary and while no editor works on the project.

I took some time to check the scripts. They should all be translated and bug-free.

I'm not distributing the game, only a patch. You'll need a copy of the game if you want to play.

To apply this patch you need:

- RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo (or any other RPG Maker unpacker)
- Gaijinizer Patch translation files
- an untranslated version of the game (聖樹伝説)

How to apply this patch:

Decrypt RPG Maker data and delete the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (*)
- Skip to 'Run Game.exe' if you've already deleted the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive and want to apply a new patch
- Run RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo
- Go to File/Open File
- Select the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (Game.rgss3a) that is in the same folder as game.exe (don't mistake it for System\RGSS301.dll).
- Go to Tools/Extract Selected
This will create an 'Extract' folder with all the decrypted files in your game folder
- Merge the contents of the Extract folder with your Game Folder (you don't need to overwrite them)
- Delete or Rename (ex:Game_copy.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously
The game plays the same, its data is just no longer encrypted. These steps delete any duplicate in the RGSS Encrypted Archive and the non encrypted files which may cause RPG Trans to never finish

- Run Game.exe, a window called Gaijinizer will appear.
- Select Patch Game in the menu. The patching will take a few seconds (about 10) during which the screen will freeze.
- Click Ok to the message box telling you the Game was patched successfully, the game will quit automatically
- Run Game.exe and play the game (the title screen should mention you are playing a translated version)

IMPORTANT:
Hacking yourself is perfectly legal but uploading/distributing a file (hacked/modified)
that can be used as a substitute for game itself, and thus lower the original game sales, is not.
While you may not be fined, your file will most likely be--rightfully--claimed.
Please be responsible and don't make trouble for the creator of the game.

The game is 100% translated. The dictionary and auto-edits (improve quality) are <5% complete.
This patch is the result after I tried debugging and finding the correct configuration for the patcher and the auto-translator.
At least it should be 100% translated.

Manual translations:
Minimum

Machine translation:
Dictionary almost empty (13 entries)
No auto-edits

If you load a save file, the default main character names will be auto-translated. You can also rename the main character by writing this at the end of the Game.ini file (just replace "Villager" by a name of your choosing) :
Code:
[lvl1_script]
svu_user_string=Villager
Text extraction and translation was made using Gaijinizer Patchmaker, a custom tool similar to RPGMaker Trans. It should be compatible with all the versions of the game. The patch will generate a new Data folder, only Game.ini is overwritten, change it back to unpatch the game (all other explications are in READ ME Translation.txt). All instructions for translators to get started are also in the read me file.
Translation was made using a custom RPG Maker auto-translator. Excluding the manual translated parts, sentences are translated using a combination of a custom dictionary, custom sentence models and Google machine translation service.

The translation is a byproduct of the development of the aforementioned tools and is not edited. You shouldn't bother with it if you actually understand Japanese but you should find it better than using a text hooker.

I'll be busy upgrading the other translations but I was originally planning to use this game to develop a tool to do dynamic translation (while the game is still running).
The current translation is mediocre so I'll also have to go back and add entries to the dictionary.
I can't promise anything and I will be glad if another translator picks up the project.

The patches include a few bonuses (scripts).
Press F6 to switch window size
Press F5 to switch to full screen
Skips messages, shortens waits, speeds up routes,...

Skip with Ctrl
Enables in-game with Ctrl+Shift

Change the script parameters in the Game .ini file:
[lvl1_script]
fs_enable=X (X=1 enabled)
fs_speed=X (X=1..8, recommended:4)
Updates game variables stored in save files for translation purpose.

If needed, it can execute ruby code stored in a text file (You can find next to the game exe, you'll need to enter a password).

Change the script parameters in the Game .ini file:
[lvl1_script]
svu_disable=X
svu_password=X
Use the Password option to select how you want the script to work
X=0, don't use script, not even the default method;
X=1,[default, recommended] only use the script's default method;
X=????, use a custom script stored in txt file if you know what you are doing, ???? is a password you'll find on the forum
Use the Disable option to prevent ruby code execution from txt file
X=0,[default, recommended] not disabled
X=1, permanently disabled, if you don't want to be tempted to cheat or really don't like the idea of executing a script from a txt file
Fools the game into using RPG Maker English settings.

What it is:
-a fast translation
-a working translation (text fits in window, key information gets a better translation if possible.)
-a 100% translation (no text is left untranslated)
-an editable file (key information only has one translation so the text is understandable and can be edited by a human)
-a proof of concept that machine can translate a game, can fill in the blanks of a manual translation, and can proofread it.
-an experiment (quality sometimes goes down from one patch to another)

What it is not:
-a work of literature (generated sentences are not grammatically correct, inaccuracies and weeb terms are tolerated)
-raw translation from Google (not all machine translations are alike and if you want to prove me wrong, do copy paste the files and see the horrible mess raw Google translation is)

I'm not editing the files not because I'm lazy but because that would prevent me from improving the auto-translator.
Editing is easy anyway--albeit very slow. You can do it if you have time and enough dedication to not give up midway.

GoldGame

Reputation score
is this translation still alive or has it been dropped or postponed or something?