What's new

RPG [M.W.O.史書編纂所] Muddled World Orchestra Fragment 1, 2, and 3 (RJ128435, RJ142767, RJ162080)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonditebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Muddled World Orchestra

Not sure what happened either but I got it working, thanks madman.

Now I do have some questions about the game, specifically the red spells (they are a red/pinkish box icon that look like someone holding a weapon). From trying them out, they seem to be physical attacks, but they do less damage than a standard attack? They also seem to miss a lot...could someone explain the point of ever using them (besides them using zero mp?)

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

On fragment 1: Does anyone remember how to trigger the "ghost" quest?

I recall in the original, there was a segment where you would walk around the castle at night chasing a ghost,
which would progressively strip the heroine as the night goes on.

I haven't been able to trigger it with the new version yet - has it been removed, or am I missing the trigger?

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not sure what happened either but I got it working, thanks madman.

Now I do have some questions about the game, specifically the red spells (they are a red/pinkish box icon that look like someone holding a weapon). From trying them out, they seem to be physical attacks, but they do less damage than a standard attack? They also seem to miss a lot...could someone explain the point of ever using them (besides them using zero mp?)
Red from the top down:
double melee attack - good against gold blobs to kill before they flee.
attack to knock off balance
attack to blind

the blue:
consumes 20% (AP) for magic arrow
consumes 50% (AP) for flame shock wave
consumes 10% (AP) for slight chance of instant death (never saw it work)
(AP) is the yellow bar that increases with every attack

alonditebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Red from the top down:
double melee attack - good against gold blobs to kill before they flee.
attack to knock off balance
attack to blind

the blue:
consumes 20% (AP) for magic arrow
consumes 50% (AP) for flame shock wave
consumes 10% (AP) for slight chance of instant death (never saw it work)
(AP) is the yellow bar that increases with every attack
Thanks again madman. Yeah, I've been using the blue spells pretty often to know their capabilities (that flame + spark one in particular to hit everything).

I've made it to the cave in the north west part and feel I'm approaching the end of this fragment. Has there been any word of the other two in the series getting a remake (forgive me if that's been discussed prior)?

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks again madman. Yeah, I've been using the blue spells pretty often to know their capabilities (that flame + spark one in particular to hit everything).

I've made it to the cave in the north west part and feel I'm approaching the end of this fragment. Has there been any word of the other two in the series getting a remake (forgive me if that's been discussed prior)?
Two ways to gain last item.
Beat the boss demon.
Talk to lady outside your rooms. She tells you of the guy in NE house. Screw him to get demon tail.

Have you gotten the pub & street scenes?;)

I'm sure the others will be remade eventually.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Has there been any word of the other two in the series getting a remake (forgive me if that's been discussed prior)?
Yes. This is why you can't DL any of the fragments anymore. Doing mid process working on 4, he felt that it would be more worth his time rebuilding the other three games and enhancing them for a ( cheap ) sale. From his blog you can already tell work on Fragment 2 has began, with him wondering about any new elements to add towards it. At the rate he's going, I would say about every 6 months or so to expect another till he get's 3 done, and then it's just how much of 4 was he happy with before he shelved it will determine how long that will take for release.

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Playing Fragment 2. Stuck.:(

There was a walkthrough in MoonChaos' sig per 2nd post but now gone. Can anyone repost?

Have been all through forest and get lost in repeating square. I know the song that girl who requested flowers sings is the key but can't interpret it as half of it isn't translated with Chitrans. :confused:
Song & scene:
は~なぞのにまどうものたちよ~♪
おうたをおぼえてゆくがいい~♪
す~ぐにおうちにかえりたきゃ~♪
かれき~のも~とにいけばいい~♪

も~りのき~のこのようせいは~♪
いっぽんす~ぎか~らたびにでる~♪
か~れたすなちをわ~たればそこは~♪
の~どをうるおすきれいないずみ~♪

は~なにさそわれようせいは~♪
め~がみのも~とへとんでいく~♪

Here is the repeating scene exits:

-----red flower----------grass
sand...................................yellow flower
.......V shaped grove in center
pond...................................rocks
-----dead tree----------pine

You enter and return at the dead tree.
Have been to peak of dragon mountain and nothing happens.

Still working on switches and such in ruins.

Girl has rescued wolfy once. Does she ever join him or go out alone other than to rescue him?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! :p

Oh, does anybody know how to shut off the BGM? The f1 controls aren't working for me. Can't even hear the SE for the blasted BGM! :mad:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

To quote something else:

Mushroom, Lone Tree, Sandy Soil, Water, Flowers

I think the 'lonely tree' is referring to the pine tree, the dead tree is the exit iirc.

The first part of the song is just telling you how to exit, the 6 lines after contain 1 'item' each.

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To quote something else:

Mushroom, Lone Tree, Sandy Soil, Water, Flowers

I think the 'lonely tree' is referring to the pine tree, the dead tree is the exit iirc.

The first part of the song is just telling you how to exit, the 6 lines after contain 1 'item' each.
Bless you sir! That worked. What I saw as yellow flowers were mushrooms. :D

EDIT: found a walkthrough on hongfire thanks to hint from MoonChaos (He lost his in HD crash). Quite old but appears to be quite complete so far.

Attachments

Last edited:

KungFuBunny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

On fragment 1: Does anyone remember how to trigger the "ghost" quest?

I recall in the original, there was a segment where you would walk around the castle at night chasing a ghost,
which would progressively strip the heroine as the night goes on.

I haven't been able to trigger it with the new version yet - has it been removed, or am I missing the trigger?
You have to go back to your room and check the table to the entrance for new quests, then talk to the butler.

Has anybody here beaten the mirror guardian yet? You know, the boss that's unlocked in the mirror world after unsealing the chest?

Last edited:

Paradoxical

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ugh, even after reading this thread the third game is basically impossible. I just don't get how to get guild quests. Like the one to kill the boss in the north and such. Can I maybe get a save, or a guide that can actually be read?

LoveNothing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any1 mind dropping a save file for fragment 1?, or at least kindly help me out

Stuck on Fighting Demon boss: Beat him and wondering what to do next

Done the mirror world, Killing all sub-bosses in the forest ,Ghost in the castle i think (if it ends with doin him)

stuck on the quest in town with the book man on the right with 2 books, maybe something related to prostitution?

KungFuBunny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Any1 mind dropping a save file for fragment 1?, or at least kindly help me out

Stuck on Fighting Demon boss: Beat him and wondering what to do next

Done the mirror world, Killing all sub-bosses in the forest ,Ghost in the castle i think (if it ends with doin him)

stuck on the quest in town with the book man on the right with 2 books, maybe something related to prostitution?
It's got nothing to do with prostitution; you just need to get enough money to buy his skills, although prostitution does help get you more than enough money if you do it repeatedly. For prostitution, just go to the inn, talk to the lady there and then talk to the innkeeper to spend the night there. You'll get to go out at night. There are three men at night, and each of them has two scenes, but after each scene the night ends, but you can go back to the inn to stay till night again and again.

Also, there's a very powerful boss in the mirror world which is accessed after finishing the mirror world once; it's the first teleporter when you get to the mirror world. Have you beaten her?

EDIT: I would also suggest going after the golden squirrel before getting to the mirror world boss; that's another quest, and one where you have to talk to the weapons or items dealer before heading to the forest.

Last edited:

LoveNothing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's got nothing to do with prostitution; you just need to get enough money to buy his skills, although prostitution does help get you more than enough money if you do it repeatedly. For prostitution, just go to the inn, talk to the lady there and then talk to the innkeeper to spend the night there. You'll get to go out at night. There are three men at night, and each of them has two scenes, but after each scene the night ends, but you can go back to the inn to stay till night again and again.

Also, there's a very powerful boss in the mirror world which is accessed after finishing the mirror world once; it's the first teleporter when you get to the mirror world. Have you beaten her?

EDIT: I would also suggest going after the golden squirrel before getting to the mirror world boss; that's another quest, and one where you have to talk to the weapons or items dealer before heading to the forest.
Thx for the Quick reply

Hmm mirror world, ill try that... and Golden Squirrel, is that the OP Hero squirrel with a sword and shield?

Also, i have no clue where to find ingredient 4 :/

Last edited:

KungFuBunny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thx for the Quick reply

Hmm mirror world, ill try that... and Golden Squirrel, is that the OP Hero squirrel with a sword and shield?

Also, i have no clue where to find ingredient 4 :/
No, it's a squirrel that you will have to chase around in the forest after activating the quest, where a new area in the forest opens. After beating it, you can get it to join your party.

What do you mean by ingredient 4? You need 10 stingers, 10 wolf furs, 10 slimes, 10 fruits from the squirrels.

LoveNothing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No, it's a squirrel that you will have to chase around in the forest after activating the quest, where a new area in the forest opens. After beating it, you can get it to join your party.

What do you mean by ingredient 4? You need 10 stingers, 10 wolf furs, 10 slimes, 10 fruits from the squirrels.
Ahhh that's what im gathering, decided to wing it and go without AGTH translator, that would explain the 10 in the bookself as well lol

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wonder why, I can't hook fragments 2 with agth, it didn't display any text whatsoever.

any help here?

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wonder why, I can't hook fragments 2 with agth, it didn't display any text whatsoever.

any help here?
See this page.

That is discussing fragment 1 but I had same results with 2 as with 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.