What's new

Mad God's Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Mad God's Key - first adventure

Ashnod hacks at one of the unhit zombies with his axe.

((Sorry for the weak post, but I'm rather busy atm, and don't want to hold things up. My next round action will be to attack it again if it's still alive, or move on to another unhit one if I kill it. Or a hit one if unhit isn't availible.))

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

(Oh yeah I see, I was kind of confused by what you were asking. Otherwise I would have explained it better, sorry.)

Craig once again swings his morningstar at the damaged zombie, once again connecting the zombie staggers, but still stands.

Jess gracefully throws a dagger which slashes throught the zombies arm, before she moves back out of the way of the others.

Krys once again darts in to stab at the already damaged zombie, hurting it but not by much.

Xi Shu draws his crossbow and fires at the undamaged zombie, though the bolt just sticks into the foul creature.

Both of the first two zombies clumsily swing their daggers at Craig, one slashing him in the shoulder. (2 dmg) The other two zombies move up to behind the already attacking zombies, and stare blankly to where the party is cornered.

Xaren lets loose with another frost ray at the less damaged zombie hitting it squarely in the chest, but it also still stands. (I've got you as having 2 level 0, and 2 level 1 left, did I miscount or something.)

Ashnod moves to the front of the fray chopping his waraxe into the nearest zombie with a Dwarven battle cry. That zombie quickly crumbles to the ground as nothing more than a rotting corpse.

(INIT: Craig, Jess, Krys, Xi Shu, DM, Xaren, Ashnod. Bless 10 rds. Craig 2 dmg. 3 zombies left.)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Krys lets out a little cheer as Craig and Ashnod manage to do a good bit of damage to the things. It seems to renew her resolve to make the undead go away.

((Attacking again, or at least trying to.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Jess simply throws another dagger, glad just to be helping a small bit at least.

((attack, draw another dagger))

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Sorry about taking so long to post again, had one helluva night. The bad kind.)

Glad to have the mighty dwarfs assistance, I keep whacking at the zombies.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Double post, but...... Poke?)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Xaren reaches for the pool of mana deep within its body. Drawing out a moderate amount it crafts the mana into asmall bolt of energy in one of its fingers. Murming a word from an elder tongue he thrusts out releasing the bolt at a zombie.

(Magic Missile)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

(Sorry about the absence, but I was busy enjoying the pre-lenten activities. :D)

With 1 zombie down Craig presses the attack his morningstar whistling through the air for a near miss.

Jess throws another dagger at the zombie furthest from her position nailing it right between the eyes.

Krys darts in between the two fighters to stab the closest zombie in the thigh her shortsword now covered in ichor.

Xi Shu fires a bolt at the furthest zombie, but misses.

The wounded zombie engaging Craig takes another swing slashing through his arm and wounding him slightly (3 dmg). The zombie now opposite of Ashnod steps forward, but the dwarf easily blocks it's clumsy swing with his shield. While the third waits to the rear of the others.

Xaren seeing the first zombie hit his ally fires off a magic missile at it, in the hopes of taking it down. The missile easily drops the already wounded zombie which crumbles to a heap at Craig's feet.

Ashnod returns the zombies attack with a vicious slash of his axe across the zombies midsection spilling blood and guts to the floor as this zombie also crumbles to the ground in another heap.

(INIT: Craig, Jess, Krys, Xi Shu, DM, Xaren, Ashnod. Bless 9 rds. Craig 5 dmg. 1 zombies left.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Not a problem, life happens :). ))

Seeing that the fight was nearly over, Jess simply waited for the others to finish the last zombie off, as she didn't feel comfortable throwing into a melee just yet.

(Just stay out of everyone's way, will go about collecting her daggers after.)

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Ashnod laughs as yet another of the undead falls to his axe, grinning as he advances on the remaining one, taking a swing at it, hoping to end it and lay it to rest.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Xaren reaches for its mana pool once again before stopping. Seeing that there was only a single zombie left, Xaren withdrew its mental hand from the pool and leaves it be. They should be fine with that last one. It thinks.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Go for the head of the remaining zombie, hoping those daggers aren't poisoned, and that the foul ichor from the zombies doesn't get him sick with something.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If Craig and Ashnod don't take the zombie down, Krys will assist and try to finish the thing off. Otherwise, like Jess, she'll stay out of the way.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Feeling victory close at hand Craig closes with the final zombie swinging his morningstar at it's head. The morningstar connects though it doesn't seem to faze the zombie at all.

Jess not wanting to hit an ally abstains from throwing into the melee with the zombies.

Krys stabs at the last zombie hoping to overcome it before it can hurt Craig further. However she miscalculates and barely misses the zombie.

Xi Shu calls on the divine powers of his god to heal Craig of his wounds. (CLW 5 pts. healed)

The final zombie swings at Craig missing horribly.

Xaren saves his powers for the enemies ahead, not wanting to be completely powerless for the approaching night.

Grinning the mighty dwarf swings his axe hoping to lay the zombie to rest once and for all. Connecting the last of the zombies falls to the ground in a rotting heap.

It's obvious that the now dead bodies have nothing of worth on them except for the now familiar green daggers.

(Bless 8 rds. [100 XP each. 4 daggers plus the two thrown by Jess.)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((If I barely miss, wouldn't that mean I hit? *snicker*))

Once the zombies have been dispatched, Krys does take a look at them, removing the daggers, handing them to any that might want one, and studying the two that she seemed to recognize. "I don't like this. These guys were alive this morning! And now they're...they're this!" A shiver visibly runs through her. "That he's hiding in plain sight like that and there's only a few that might question missing thieves."

(I'm guessing if these are the locksmith thieves from this morning, the corpses are still pretty fresh. CSI: Greyhawk. How's it look like they died? I'm mostly just curious for myself, but knowing they were stabbed or magicked could be helpful to us later.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Jess collects her daggers as well as the four the zombies were carrying, inspecting them for blemishes and checking their balance. "Does anyone else want these? She says, holding the other three straight up in her other hand.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"You toss them more than I do, so go ahead, unless the others have need of them." Jess might notice that Krys already has one sticking out of her belt, though that's been there since town.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Already got one, thanks anyway." I say, and adjust my armor to be more comfortable.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Keep them. Xaren states simply. The daggers were of no use to it and no one else seemed to want them anyway so it was basically decided in Xaren's mind.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Jess shrugs, then begins putting the four green daggers into her backpack, keeping one on her belt for easy retrieval. "Alrighty, anyone else decide they want one, just ask. Anything else on them, or are we good to go?"

((If nobody else checks, she'll search herself))

Status
Not open for further replies.