What's new

[Complete - Full] Magician of the Olecta Desert

Deleted member 224977

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Magician of the Olecta Desert

Thank you for translating the game i had fun with it helped me relax from my exams :D

antibexistence

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll be honest. The amount of bug yaoi in this game? Relatively low. Like, if you're looking for bug yaoi, this probably shouldn't be your first stop.
Awww, and I was looking forward to a juicy male bug-on-bug wrestling vore. I guess it's time to download this game!

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This is incredible! Truly fine work. I'm so glad I only stumbled upon and remembered this game today.

Thanks so much for this. I should really check this section more often before blindly jumping into old HRPGS...

6jbo6

Reputation score

Thank you for the translation! :)

I love it that you can get enslaved

Jikorde

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation, just finished up with the game.

I noticed an issue in the replay/reward room with your patch. If you look at the event name of the sniper medal/achievement, its cu for some reason. This wouldn't be an issue if not for how the unlock system works making it so that the medal won't ever unlock if its named the wrong thing. Its suppose to be スナイパー . If you name the event that it works. Without that the game is not 100%able.

OP
farcefield

farcefield

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for reporting the bug and the fix for it, I've uploaded a new version of the patch that should have it working. Let me know if you notice anything else.

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've also encountered a bug. When going from assassin's floor there's an ambush by the bandits and it seems there's supposed to be a dice throw, but it gives an error and the game crashes.

Attachments

OP
farcefield

farcefield

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can you attach a save file right before the crash? I'm probably going to need to run some tests.

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to chime in and say how much I enjoyed the game. You did good work. I just love adventure games like this and the prequel!

KairiFactor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just wondering, does this game have unlockable outfits or no? o.o

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Just wondering, does this game have unlockable outfits or no? o.o
more or less.

Here the list of the possible outfit :
Thief clothes (standard clothes)
Damaged thief clothes (damaged at special place, not repairable)
Maid clothes
Prostitute Clothes
Frilly underwear
Naked / rag sheet

Some can be found around the game (maid / prostitute), other are acquired upon certain event.

They are use for special event (bad or alternate way to progress).

But you can do the whole game with the starting outfit.

KairiFactor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, will get the game then! Thanks for the translation farcefield.

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is the translation patch compatible with 1.06? Upon installing the patch I run into an error on startup that says "unable to find file: graphics/titles1/タイトル".

Edit: Well I managed to fix it by using a japanese katakana keyboard and renaming the image in the mentioned graphics folder.

I think the name of it might have gotten changed in 1.06 or something.

Edit2: And it crashed upon hitting new game, now it says that a tileset is missing, and there is no tileset folder.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score

Is the translation patch compatible with 1.06? Upon installing the patch I run into an error on startup that says "unable to find file: graphics/titles1/タイトル".

Edit: Well I managed to fix it by using a japanese katakana keyboard and renaming the image in the mentioned graphics folder.

I think the name of it might have gotten changed in 1.06 or something.

Edit2: And it crashed upon hitting new game, now it says that a tileset is missing, and there is no tileset folder.
Have you installed the rtp ? The game use the VX Ace version of rpg maker.
If you haven't installed it you'll miss files.
The patch was made with the latest version of the game. Don't remember if there was added content and not just bug fix. If no added content you should have all the files. If you got file name in gibberish, you'll have to re unpack the game using japanese local setting or some emulating tool.

PS : seem like an update to the game was released this july, only bug fix so not certain it worth updating the translation.

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have you installed the rtp ? The game use the VX Ace version of rpg maker.
If you haven't installed it you'll miss files.
The patch was made with the latest version of the game. Don't remember if there was added content and not just bug fix. If no added content you should have all the files. If you got file name in gibberish, you'll have to re unpack the game using japanese local setting or some emulating tool.

PS : seem like an update to the game was released this july, only bug fix so not certain it worth updating the translation.
I do have the VX Ace RTP.

I can play the game without the patch just fine, and I can play my other VX Ace RPG Maker games just fine. I also unpack my games with the japanese local setting on.

So not really sure why when I use the decrypter, move the .rgss3a to a different folder, put the extract result folders in the main folder and then apply the patch the game breaks.

I guess I will try reinstalling the rtp and see if that helps.

Edit: Nope, reinstall did not work. Also it seems that installing the patch is what causes the game to break. Cause I can extract the .rgss3a file, move the Data and Graphics result folders to the main folder and run the game just fine (just untranslated) yet applying the patch breaks the game.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score

I do have the VX Ace RTP.

I can play the game without the patch just fine, and I can play my other VX Ace RPG Maker games just fine. I also unpack my games with the japanese local setting on.

So not really sure why when I use the decrypter, move the .rgss3a to a different folder, put the extract result folders in the main folder and then apply the patch the game breaks.

I guess I will try reinstalling the rtp and see if that helps.

Edit: Nope, reinstall did not work. Also it seems that installing the patch is what causes the game to break. Cause I can extract the .rgss3a file, move the Data and Graphics result folders to the main folder and run the game just fine (just untranslated) yet applying the patch breaks the game.
Did you removed the rggs3a file from the main folder after extracting the data and applying the patch ?

OP
farcefield

farcefield

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tankhunter678, is there an error message when the game crashes? Can you post a screenshot?

JackyHF

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Delete the container file and try the game. If it fails to work, then the extraction went wrong. It's then possible the file names got corrupted during extraction.

zipetya

Reputation score

Sooo... Has anyone considered the fact that he is trying to patch the first game from the circle, and not this one? ;)

The 2nd game's (this one's) latest version is v1.032.

Hopefully this will set you in the right direction!
Good luck.

OP
farcefield

farcefield

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

...okay, that COULD be the problem, I GUESS.