What's new

ACT [ Maken Ansala ] さきゅばすの日記 / Succubus Affection

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ok, I lost track of the game and its updates, but now that I'm reconnected, could anyone tell me what I missed? The most current version I have is 0.02b, and I know that is a REALLY old version, so I'd appreciate all the info/help I can get.

labov

Reputation score
Did he really make that much of a mess to the game?
Rather, the problem is that he isn't making fuck all 😅

On his ci-en, even his Japanese paying supporters are starting to demand that he release playable content now - so they can verify he's actually making progress on their dime, instead of patting himself on the back for getting 10000 subscribers on the back of zell's name, or waffling about enemy pathing à la final fantasy.

OneOfUs

Reputation score
Rather, the problem is that he isn't making fuck all 😅

On his ci-en, even his Japanese paying supporters are starting to demand that he release playable content now - so they can verify he's actually making progress on their dime, instead of patting himself on the back for getting 10000 subscribers on the back of zell's name, or waffling about enemy pathing à la final fantasy.
So what you are saying is that it's Breeding Season all over again, and not to expect much to come of it.
Cloud Meadow is taking too long on making the game as well, but man if i don't have to forget about these monthly supported games for months on end before getting a large chunk of content.
Just feels like every H-Dev that gains a buttload of supporter cash a month is just gonna milk it as much as possible, which is a shame, but will happen until people just stop supporting it.

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So what you are saying is that it's Breeding Season all over again, and not to expect much to come of it.
Cloud Meadow is taking too long on making the game as well, but man if i don't have to forget about these monthly supported games for months on end before getting a large chunk of content.
Just feels like every H-Dev that gains a buttload of supporter cash a month is just gonna milk it as much as possible, which is a shame, but will happen until people just stop supporting it.
I don't know how many times I've said this, but making a game, especially a good game that people want to play, takes time. Especially if you aren't some big gaming company.

AWACS Thunderhead

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't know how many times I've said this, but making a game, especially a good game that people want to play, takes time. Especially if you aren't some big gaming company.
Still, you can't deny that some devs definitely do intentionally milk that sweet, sweet Patreon money for all it's worth. The creator of Monster Girl Island, for example, has been slowly drip-feeding content for years at this point, and the game's nowhere near complete--nor will it be for a very long time, from the looks of things.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Do abandoned games count?
That's the point, scammers acting as devs can pretend that they're working on a game indefinitely despite not releasing any updates and you'll always have the perfect "making games takes time" defence.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Making games takes time, but keeping people informed of progress via videos, animations and demos is a quick thing to do.

Besides. At this rate we are literally going to get another legit Half-life title before this fuckin' game gets finished.

skite0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
While i agree with what you said in principle, the dev has not given us a reason to have faith in his actions. It is not healthy to have blind trust/faith in someone who has been unable to consistently show results.
While he does talk about progress he has made, we have yet to see that progress and for an extremely long time. It is only right to question the validity of his progress and actions. While he may truly be making progress as he says, at this point he would need to appeal / show his supporters via a demo or video or something or he will be negatively questioned of his own volition, even if it happens to be undeserved.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Making games takes time, but keeping people informed of progress via videos, animations and demos is a quick thing to do.

Besides. At this rate we are literally going to get another legit Half-life title before this fuckin' game gets finished.
VALVe did announce their new VR title

password123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i remember seeing feb is when it will release, so maybe a demo around that time as well

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
At the very least, can someone please tell me what the most current version of the game is?

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Alright, it's starting to look a bit better. Looking through the trailer I see a lot of cute artwork and an actual story behind it.
It also turns out the cat witch you could fight previously is a friend and tutor.

Despite some life for this game, I'm still cautious to buy the next demo unless there's confirmation Ansala's fixed last version's problems. The menu doesn't display at all, which makes it impossible to change controls. Meaning you literally cannot play the game if you don't have a right ctrl key to open doors.

Actually... I'm just going to wait until another update since the gameplay additions seem fairly light. Two girls since last time isn't really worth much when many other devs have given us more for free.
Especially since I know there's three other girls Ansala's shown in-game in older blog posts. I do believe he's intentionally holding out on us.

Last edited:

Deleted member 80122

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After several weeks and hours of searching i finally finally was able to find a download for Succubus Affection it's probably not the latest version but hey it's good if you wanna check it out while saving money at the same time lol Mod Edit: Link removed at request of dev.

Last edited by a moderator:

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
After several weeks and hours of searching i finally finally was able to find a download for Succubus Affection it's probably not the latest version but hey it's good if you wanna check it out while saving money at the same time lol
already 403

Last edited by a moderator: