What's new

Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer

*shrug* I always wondered why this got stickied after existing for about a week while Shinobi Girl just sat there.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Probably because this is actually technically a community project (seeing as it's a member creating a game) whereas Shinobi Girl is just a thread about an a flash game still in development by a Japanese dude who isn't a part of the forum. The way I see it is community games > everything else.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Actually RJ got on Dark's ass about making stickies even though our merciful lord isn't a mod/admin and therefore has no right to criticise the actions of a moderator of the hentai section.
Hey, I'm open to criticism, where ever it comes from. I just thought it might've made it easier for people to find the threads since they were so popular.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - More concepts pg4

I didn't stood out for it cause I didn't play it, the lack of the console thing.
But I really think a Castlevania fighting game should really be a bonus to the real game, but then again I could be wrong.
Funny how LoI came out before god of war and had everything it did except for the QTE. But the newest castlevania is still doomed to be compared to GoW rather then to LoI, which is just wrong. The LoI didn't feel like castlevania at first but then the music kicked in and all was well.
As for the 64's it's not about the graphics, but when you take a 2d gameplay and try to implement it in 3d and it just so happens that you are one of the first to do it, glitches and bad platforming are just bound to happen.
LoI felt like a castlevania from the very beginning, the monsters are right, the setting is right, the castle is there, the vampire is there and in the end dracula and death are both there, only thing that comes to mind that could put you off is the 3D, but that's very well made and the music and art style all tells Castlevania.
LoS is completely different, in the beginning it has the castlevania feeling, rainy night, farmer's village, werewolves onslaught and Robert Carlyle...hmmm, something doesn't fit, nah, let's keep going.
As i was saying, the beginning sets you right, battle has some new features, but that's ok, improvment could be good, but then the story starts developing and it couldn't be more different than the other castlevania, it is true that the gameply feels GoWish, but the worst part is that the story feels like a mix of Dante's Inferno(the game) and Devil may cry 3(and somehow i kept thinking stargate universe the whole time...:rolleyes: ).
I might sound hard in my judgment, the game is fine and enjoyable on his own, but they had to slap Castlevania on it's cover(gotta thank Kojima for this... -_-), so i'll judge it as a Castlevania, so the story sucks compared to the other castlevania, the setting is so damn common these days that it's painful to look at it, the fact the bgm isn't particularly impressive sure doesn't help, i love the castlevania series because they were different from the masses, they really gave me something to look forward to among the pile of mass produced cheap stuff you can find everywhere. Kind of like suikoden was to rpg's, i don't care how many people show up brandishing "Reboot" as sacred weapon, if this is the way they intend to go with the new Castlevanias, i don't think i can follow, there's more interesting stuff to waste my time on.:(

E

ecoISDP

Re: Making a hentai platformer - More concepts pg4

LoI felt like a castlevania from the very beginning, the monsters are right, the setting is right, the castle is there, the vampire is there and in the end dracula and death are both there, only thing that comes to mind that could put you off is the 3D, but that's very well made and the music and art style all tells Castlevania.
LoS is completely different, in the beginning it has the castlevania feeling, rainy night, farmer's village, werewolves onslaught and Robert Carlyle...hmmm, something doesn't fit, nah, let's keep going.
As i was saying, the beginning sets you right, battle has some new features, but that's ok, improvment could be good, but then the story starts developing and it couldn't be more different than the other castlevania, it is true that the gameply feels GoWish, but the worst part is that the story feels like a mix of Dante's Inferno(the game) and Devil may cry 3(and somehow i kept thinking stargate universe the whole time...:rolleyes: ).
I might sound hard in my judgment, the game is fine and enjoyable on his own, but they had to slap Castlevania on it's cover(gotta thank Kojima for this... -_-), so i'll judge it as a Castlevania, so the story sucks compared to the other castlevania, the setting is so damn common these days that it's painful to look at it, the fact the bgm isn't particularly impressive sure doesn't help, i love the castlevania series because they were different from the masses, they really gave me something to look forward to among the pile of mass produced cheap stuff you can find everywhere. Kind of like suikoden was to rpg's, i don't care how many people show up brandishing "Reboot" as sacred weapon, if this is the way they intend to go with the new Castlevanias, i don't think i can follow, there's more interesting stuff to waste my time on.:(
Like trying to 100% complete all the Castlevanias in existance. The castlevania retrospective in gametrailers should help with that.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I'll probably change this quite a bit, mostly the head turn and the arms, but here's the jist of the running animation.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

DON'T. I like the way her head turns and the arms sway.

E

ecoISDP

I'll probably change this quite a bit, mostly the head turn and the arms, but here's the jist of the running animation.

I think the legs are way too long, or the body is too small, or maybe a little bit of both. But nice starting concept though.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think its perfect

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

She's lovely, i could stand here looking at her run the whole night...:D

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think the legs are way too long, or the body is too small, or maybe a little bit of both. But nice starting concept though.
Actually, human legs ARE crazy long. They make up more than half of human height.

As for the animation itself, I like it. Kyrieru's right though, I think the swing of the arms is a bit exaggerated, same with the turning head. A majority of you is probably only to preoccupied with her bouncing breasts to notice. More of an ass-man myself.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Actually, human legs ARE crazy long. They make up more than half of human height.

As for the animation itself, I like it. Kyrieru's right though, I think the swing of the arms is a bit exaggerated, same with the turning head. A majority of you is probably only to preoccupied with her bouncing breasts to notice. More of an ass-man myself.
Girly-girls run all swingy.;)

Reputation score

Looks good, but there's one small issue. Because of the way she's angled, she looks like she's running at the screen left-diagonally (look at her feet), as opposed to running to the left. It may not seem like a huge deal now, but as soon as you put terrain under/behind her, it'll be noticeable.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Silly... She can sideways moonwalk.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Looks good, but there's one small issue. Because of the way she's angled, she looks like she's running at the screen left-diagonally (look at her feet), as opposed to running to the left. It may not seem like a huge deal now, but as soon as you put terrain under/behind her, it'll be noticeable.
Hmm, I don't really think that it's an issue. Platformers don't exactly have the most realistic perspective to begin with, for instance with tilesets you can often see both ends of an object in such a way that would be physically impossible.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think the key is that as long as it looks good in practice, who cares?

Or Kyrieru is going to really surprise us when the whole game is actually at a slight angle...

Really, though, I think it looks great. Art and animations alone so far have sold me on this game.

Reputation score

One other small nitpick, and this is purely subjective, but while the head is done in an anime style, the body is being done based around an actual realistic humanoid. It's clashing because the size of the anime-styled head doesn't quite fit on the body. If you're going to stay with the head style, you'll likely want to make small changes to the body to make it "less realistic". Namely, a slightly larger chest, and change the proportions of the middle-hips slightly. Either that, or remove the anime-style head and put on a more realistic head.

As an example of this:

Anime-style

Notice how bits of the female characters are exaggerated on purpose to match the heads/expressions. This is also true in games like Shinobi Girl and Angel Girl.

Realistic-style

Everything here is meant to be pretty realistic and in proportion to reality, though this adds a lot of toning and muscles to the mix.

A merger of the two styles

Notice how the anime features have been reduced (ie: head shrunk) to fit the style of the more realistic body, but with some exaggerations made.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My vote goes for full on anime style. Btw, get your shoop da woop out of my anime pictures.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Animation looks good. Although as another has said, it does look like she's running at an odd angle. It's not really enough to be annoying, so I personally wouldn't recommend changing it.

Actually RJ got on Dark's ass about making stickies even though our merciful lord isn't a mod/admin and therefore has no right to criticise the actions of a moderator of the hentai section.
Eat a grilled dick sandwich, Oni. The fuckton of stickies was annoying.

Last edited:
Reputation score

Would you like curly or steak fries with that?