What's new

RPG NTR [Makura cover soft] 魔剣士リーネ2/ Leane of Legitimate Crown (RJ194521)

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Makura cover soft|SLG]Leane of Legitimate Crown

please be monsters again!

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Seems like the version 1.20 patch unsurprisingly got delayed until next week.

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Blog got updated again saying that the 1.20 patch is being delayed by one to two days but at least he showed some pictures of the scene replay that showed some new scenes.

kazpor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I remember trying to play this game but really couldn't stand the way the protagonist acts. Basically he is supposed to be a genius army commander but he's an idiot when it comes to girls (and their decisions are at least questionable too).

It's nice to have a harem, but wait, it's not your harem, its a harem for all the girls that otherwise would love to be yours, but you are a nice guy and you are ok doing things for them just to be friends and get nothing in return, because you know, that's what friends are for anyway. And maybe if you do ok you are allowed to see them fuck and getting pregnant with some other unpleasant guy, including your lovely little sister that initially heavily dislikes him and relies on you to help her (but like every other girl gets corrupted fast).

And it is surely rewarding for your good skills (losing a girl in battle and failling to get her back for a long time which is some feat even for retards) to see her losing clothes and getting played with until she finally can publicly wear really sexy half naked outfit while fighting against you (you are of course too nice to have them wear anything like that if it's your team).

Even if you somehow manage to get that one chosen girl ending there is just one scene at the very end for you and that one scene is quite poor or sometimes even deliberately mocks you so you don't get to see very much.

I know that some people like heavy netorare but this game offers a very unpleasant experience for anyone that is not into it. And the most sad thing is that the game has potential to be a really good one if it had some non-netorare content or at least netori, because the art is nice despite looking outdated, there are some great ideas and even the gameplay is somewhat appealing, though it doesn't reward you for your good play in any way.

Basically get a full save and watch scenes without knowing who you really are because if you have ever played Rance (who hasn't?), here you are a complete opposite, a weak, pitiful loser.

Last edited:

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm sure half of the people who got this game did so expecting to see the protagonist get some decent action with the girls... I was one of them, too. :(

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't know what you people were expecting, all of his games are 寝取られ based, only まさぐりモード with イライラ棒 had any pure shit and it still had 2 netorare scenes. First game didn't even have any CG for the pure route shit besides one side character, he only added the CG scenes in the latest patch. Time to complain about pure shit games not having NTR even when they have the perfect set up for them in many parts their of stories.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think the issue I (and probably a lot of people) had as far as this games story goes is how pretty much all the characters act. It just seems that with the exception of the two Kings, no-one actually has free-will - they all absolutely must obey their King, regardless. OK, Ares doesn't kill himself in the end game, but that's a pretty weedy act of defiance.

I'm not even sure this is a particularly good example of NTR. In my mind at least, good examples of NTR involve some kind of free-agency of the woman, even if it's just deciding that sex with the guy is the lesser of two evils. For the most part, Leane 2 doesn't have that. Just like Ares, the female cast absolutely must obey the King, with no capacity to decide for themselves. I'm not sure about anyone else, but that just doesn't sit right with me.

There's also the rather arbitrary setting of Ares's first love interest (and the one who has the longer scene with the King at the beginning of the Harem), which is basically whichever girl wins the most battles; surely the genius tactician would be trying to keep a love interest safe, not risking her on the front lines? I dunno. As I've said before, this game had a lot of potential, and it does interesting things. But ultimately, there's just so much of this game that needed improvement.

Here's hoping the 1.20 patch will bring something interesting.

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think the issue I (and probably a lot of people) had as far as this games story goes is how pretty much all the characters act. It just seems that with the exception of the two Kings, no-one actually has free-will - they all absolutely must obey their King, regardless. OK, Ares doesn't kill himself in the end game, but that's a pretty weedy act of defiance.

I'm not even sure this is a particularly good example of NTR. In my mind at least, good examples of NTR involve some kind of free-agency of the woman, even if it's just deciding that sex with the guy is the lesser of two evils. For the most part, Leane 2 doesn't have that. Just like Ares, the female cast absolutely must obey the King, with no capacity to decide for themselves. I'm not sure about anyone else, but that just doesn't sit right with me.

There's also the rather arbitrary setting of Ares's first love interest (and the one who has the longer scene with the King at the beginning of the Harem), which is basically whichever girl wins the most battles; surely the genius tactician would be trying to keep a love interest safe, not risking her on the front lines? I dunno. As I've said before, this game had a lot of potential, and it does interesting things. But ultimately, there's just so much of this game that needed improvement.

Here's hoping the 1.20 patch will bring something interesting.
Knights obviously have to serve their king in this feudal society, if the main character was cunning he wouldn't be in a damn NTR game where it happens right in front of him. There are multiple types of NTR, this just doesn't have any that is voluntary, doesn't mean it is bad, just not your taste, it also has voluntary scenes after they spend long enough in the harem or prison since a couple of them want to stay in the harem or join the enemy. Just because the player knows the NTR happens to the person with the highest loyalty doesn't mean the characters do, the king just always chooses the most loyal person since they happen to meet the MC outside the harem and the king is a douche. The love interests are powerful generals and want to fight in the front lines, why would the strategist not include them in the war when they aren't even lovers yet and there is a bigger picture either way.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Knights obviously have to serve their king in this feudal society, if the main character was cunning he wouldn't be in a damn NTR game where it happens right in front of him. There are multiple types of NTR, this just doesn't have any that is voluntary, doesn't mean it is bad, just not your taste, it also has voluntary scenes after they spend long enough in the harem or prison since a couple of them want to stay in the harem or join the enemy. Just because the player knows the NTR happens to the person with the highest loyalty doesn't mean the characters do, the king just always chooses the most loyal person since they happen to meet the MC outside the harem and the king is a douche. The love interests are powerful generals and want to fight in the front lines, why would the strategist not include them in the war when they aren't even lovers yet and there is a bigger picture either way.
Well, I suspect we'll end up agreeing to disagree, but whatever. My main point isn't about feudal knights serving their King; it's literally that the characters do not appear to have any form of free will. You talk about the female cast being powerful generals who want to fight on the front lines? Then why would they agree to serve in a harem? If they have even a modicum of free will, they would argue that they can best serve their King on the front lines, but this doesn't happen at all.

Similarly, with regards to the King picking the most loyal character initially - that actually does make sense, given that the King wants to have a strong kid with a war hero. I just wanted to point out that setting Ares's first love interest to the character most loyal to the Kingdom doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you're role-playing it, I assume that Ares would try to keep a love interest safe, which would probably involve less battles or at least less risky ones. If you're gaming it, then who Ares's first love interest is going to be is likely dictated by the enemies you fight, as there's the enemy strengths/weaknesses thing going on. Neither of these options makes that much sense. In my opinion, it would have been a better option to have Ares's first love interest be set by the same system as it is after the Harem starts (e.g. chat/items/whatever), and maybe have the King try to force the girl into his Harem after he becomes aware of it - which is actually the system it looked like they were originally going to use, but it got modified before the game was launched.

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I suspect we'll end up agreeing to disagree, but whatever. My main point isn't about feudal knights serving their King; it's literally that the characters do not appear to have any form of free will. You talk about the female cast being powerful generals who want to fight on the front lines? Then why would they agree to serve in a harem? If they have even a modicum of free will, they would argue that they can best serve their King on the front lines, but this doesn't happen at all.

Similarly, with regards to the King picking the most loyal character initially - that actually does make sense, given that the King wants to have a strong kid with a war hero. I just wanted to point out that setting Ares's first love interest to the character most loyal to the Kingdom doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you're role-playing it, I assume that Ares would try to keep a love interest safe, which would probably involve less battles or at least less risky ones. If you're gaming it, then who Ares's first love interest is going to be is likely dictated by the enemies you fight, as there's the enemy strengths/weaknesses thing going on. Neither of these options makes that much sense. In my opinion, it would have been a better option to have Ares's first love interest be set by the same system as it is after the Harem starts (e.g. chat/items/whatever), and maybe have the King try to force the girl into his Harem after he becomes aware of it - which is actually the system it looked like they were originally going to use, but it got modified before the game was launched.
What are they going to do, disobey the order of their king and be imprisoned or executed, doesn't sound like such a smart move since both kings were trying to execute the MC over the possibility of him disobeying. The only reason the king took the girl into his harem is because they were coincidentally there at the time MC was meeting the king in the harem itself, I'm sure they girls were generally trying to stay as far away from the harem as possible but the loyal girl rushes over to meet the MC who rushed to meet the guy who just became king out of nowhere. Loyalty can be increased just by buying random shit and giving it to them, also initial loyalty is different for each character and the yellow haired mage starts with like max. The update plans say he is tweaking those first automatic harems scenes but no specifics.

Well re-reading the first scene slightly they were called to join the harem and just coincidentally met with the MC at that time. Still probably wouldn't have fucked them if the MC wasn't there with the king being a douche, promising afterwords anyone in the harem wouldn't be touched right away.

Last edited:

itzaguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For all the complaints in here, aka not enough variation in sexual positions and complaining about NTR in an NTR game this game is pretty good.

Now onto the math. Right now currently there are 121 Scenes to unlock in this game. In the new update there are 11 pages that can hold up to 15 scenes each which means the new update will have approximately 44 new scenes. That is taking to account the last page is full of scenes so if its not there will be between 29-44 new scenes. And given the programming each page will be filled. Of course I am being generous but it looks promising.

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know what you people were expecting, all of his games are 寝取られ based, only まさぐりモード with イライラ棒 had any pure shit and it still had 2 netorare scenes. First game didn't even have any CG for the pure route shit besides one side character, he only added the CG scenes in the latest patch. Time to complain about pure shit games not having NTR even when they have the perfect set up for them in many parts their of stories.
Chill out man. Not everybody's aware of Makura Cover's entire developing history. I only played Leane 1 before and didn't even finish it.

In the developers defense, though, the game's webpage doesn't advertise any action for the protagonist at all, only blaring the trumpets for the King's Harem and the Prison system. I already admitted a few pages back that I liked the King's Harem, but the prison system is just poor.

However, from a purely comercial standpoint, it would make sense to try an appeal to as wide a target as possible. And from a gaming standpoint, I really thought the game was also designed to appeal to the vanilla loving crew. I mean, I know nothing about coding, but everything about the various affection and corruption levels looks really thought out (from my ignorant viewpoint, anyway). Most glaringly, the love routes for the heroines are quite difficult and complicated when compared to the relatively simple Harem and Prison modes (which are essentially timer-based corruption), so the game lends itself to believing that there's an actual reward for going through that trouble. There isn't, and so it ends up feeling incomplete.

What are they going to do, disobey the order of their king and be imprisoned or executed, doesn't sound like such a smart move since both kings were trying to execute the MC over the possibility of him disobeying. The only reason the king took the girl into his harem is because they were coincidentally there at the time MC was meeting the king in the harem itself, I'm sure they girls were generally trying to stay as far away from the harem as possible but the loyal girl rushes over to meet the MC who rushed to meet the guy who just became king out of nowhere. Loyalty can be increased just by buying random shit and giving it to them, also initial loyalty is different for each character and the yellow haired mage starts with like max. The update plans say he is tweaking those first automatic harems scenes but no specifics.

Well re-reading the first scene slightly they were called to join the harem and just coincidentally met with the MC at that time. Still probably wouldn't have fucked them if the MC wasn't there with the king being a douche, promising afterwords anyone in the harem wouldn't be touched right away.
The King always calls to his harem Ares initial love interest, which I think could be Beatrice/Cynthia/Leane/Marion/Carla/Seria, whoever had the highest loyalty at the time of the near-miss confession. Ares also starts developing feelings for this girl. It's plenty obvious that the dev was aiming for a heavy hitting NTR scene here, and in that it's quite succesful. The second girl is more random.

In comparisson to the initial NTR event, every other scene feels kinda "meh". I'm of the sort that enjoys NTR based on a good story, and Leane's storytelling is lacking at best. In fact, the love routes story events are far more compelling than all other events so...

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Chill out man. Not everybody's aware of Makura Cover's entire developing history. I only played Leane 1 before and didn't even finish it.

In the developers defense, though, the game's webpage doesn't advertise any action for the protagonist at all, only blaring the trumpets for the King's Harem and the Prison system. I already admitted a few pages back that I liked the King's Harem, but the prison system is just poor.

However, from a purely comercial standpoint, it would make sense to try an appeal to as wide a target as possible. And from a gaming standpoint, I really thought the game was also designed to appeal to the vanilla loving crew. I mean, I know nothing about coding, but everything about the various affection and corruption levels looks really thought out (from my ignorant viewpoint, anyway). Most glaringly, the love routes for the heroines are quite difficult and complicated when compared to the relatively simple Harem and Prison modes (which are essentially timer-based corruption), so the game lends itself to believing that there's an actual reward for going through that trouble. There isn't, and so it ends up feeling incomplete.

The King always calls to his harem Ares initial love interest, which I think could be Beatrice/Cynthia/Leane/Marion/Carla/Seria, whoever had the highest loyalty at the time of the near-miss confession. Ares also starts developing feelings for this girl. It's plenty obvious that the dev was aiming for a heavy hitting NTR scene here, and in that it's quite succesful. The second girl is more random.

In comparisson to the initial NTR event, every other scene feels kinda "meh". I'm of the sort that enjoys NTR based on a good story, and Leane's storytelling is lacking at best. In fact, the love routes story events are far more compelling than all other events so...
The love routes are only complicated if you can't read Japanese, I mean it is still more difficult than the capture and harem scenes besides the saving in the middle of it scene and the random soldiers scene only possible after recapturing them but it still isn't difficult. Again it appeals to that only if you cannot read Japanese or did not even look at anything before buying the game or something. No one talks about a wide target audience when the game is only pure shit and you still have your token pure scene to add flavor to the NTR. 2nd(1st) girl is based off lowest loyalty or random out of the recruited other kingdom girls if you got them.

kazpor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I also thought the game would be more interesting for a wider audience, because it's an obvious choice from a commercial point of view. You can already see a lot of effort put into the game, after all it's based on kirikiri engine, which is mostly used for VN's and making a well playable SLG out of that is impressive.

Still Ares story decisions were moronic, let's remember he was working hard as a main army commander to get back the country for the wise and proper king candidate that was later assasinated, he first rescued a useless guy that started looking bad and suspicious in the first talk by molesting girls that joined mostly thanks to Ares, then he let him take control of troops to make a stupid move against a demon fort to later rescue him again (middle nation prologue), then let him order other commanders to go holidays while missing opportunity for an easy blitzkrieg attack and finally letting him take power after assassination and accept being sent to defend a huge enemy advance with minimal forces struggling for weeks while that other guy rationed reinforcements, proclaimed himself the new king and set up a harem to take your girl commanders that you convinced to join so they can bear children to secure his line. I mean, sorry, if you are that stupid you don't get to any commanding position in any army even at the smallest formation level. And you have to play as this guy. I mean even if you are into netorare and like losing your love interests to someone else you still need to like playing an idiot. That would be even barely acceptable if you had a chance to wise up and get back at the new king, as obviously generals with army support have the real power, but sorry, not this story.

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you still have your token pure scene to add flavor to the NTR.
No it doesn't. Add flavor, I mean. I got a wife, threw her to the enemies, and expected to see something referring to the fact that she was supposed to be married. I might have missed it in all the japanese, but I'm pretty sure no mention of her actual relalationship with Ares is made. Then I got her back and... she just stopped being my wife? Affection meter desactivated, no scene, no explanation, nothing. Then I got another wife, also threw her at the enemies, and absolutely nothing in relation to the fact that Ares is getting cucked. My dissapointment at that point was so big I just stopped playing. Perhaps there was a BAD END at the end of the game, but I didn't feel like wasting my time against the demon army just to see what was surely going to be a rather poor "lived happily/cucked ever after" scene.

It might work fine as corruption porn, but it fails at NTR.

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No it doesn't. Add flavor, I mean. I got a wife, threw her to the enemies, and expected to see something referring to the fact that she was supposed to be married. I might have missed it in all the japanese, but I'm pretty sure no mention of her actual relalationship with Ares is made. Then I got her back and... she just stopped being my wife? Affection meter desactivated, no scene, no explanation, nothing. Then I got another wife, also threw her at the enemies, and absolutely nothing in relation to the fact that Ares is getting cucked. My dissapointment at that point was so big I just stopped playing. Perhaps there was a BAD END at the end of the game, but I didn't feel like wasting my time against the demon army just to see what was surely going to be a rather poor "lived happily/cucked ever after" scene.

It might work fine as corruption porn, but it fails at NTR.
Did you try using your imagination, the fact the scene establishes the relationship to me makes the next scenes better in my mind.

I also thought the game would be more interesting for a wider audience, because it's an obvious choice from a commercial point of view. You can already see a lot of effort put into the game, after all it's based on kirikiri engine, which is mostly used for VN's and making a well playable SLG out of that is impressive.

Still Ares story decisions were moronic, let's remember he was working hard as a main army commander to get back the country for the wise and proper king candidate that was later assasinated, he first rescued a useless guy that started looking bad and suspicious in the first talk by molesting girls that joined mostly thanks to Ares, then he let him take control of troops to make a stupid move against a demon fort to later rescue him again (middle nation prologue), then let him order other commanders to go holidays while missing opportunity for an easy blitzkrieg attack and finally letting him take power after assassination and accept being sent to defend a huge enemy advance with minimal forces struggling for weeks while that other guy rationed reinforcements, proclaimed himself the new king and set up a harem to take your girl commanders that you convinced to join so they can bear children to secure his line. I mean, sorry, if you are that stupid you don't get to any commanding position in any army even at the smallest formation level. And you have to play as this guy. I mean even if you are into netorare and like losing your love interests to someone else you still need to like playing an idiot. That would be even barely acceptable if you had a chance to wise up and get back at the new king, as obviously generals with army support have the real power, but sorry, not this story.
Since when were kings kings for anything other than bloodline or luck, hardly any get there from their own effort besides the first generation, this isn't a democracy, the person with the mark is king and he now has the mark since he is the closest in this magic bloodline to the original after the previous died. If the MC was some cunning badass staging a revolt against a shitty king twice in a row I really don't think he would ever get NTR'd. Generals would only have the real power if the rest of the army backs him and the other people of similar position were not against him as well. The MC is a sheep knight only trying to serve the rightful king, which is whoever has the mark.

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Seems the version 1.20 patch got delayed again until tomorrow or so he promises.

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Patch is out adding 2 pamela scenes, captured and then captured again, a scene with king and a random NPC women. Added some CG in existing scenes and made the automatic scene stoppable with a choice at 100 loyalty. Also added an event when captured women are near the end of pregnancy with the enemy showing off to MC but the women have no text. Added an equipment to change the girl to slave clothes. Added a way to start from middle of game and a new game+ with carrying over character stats. Of course added CG, replay and achievement menu. Also other balanced change.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Patch is out adding 2 pamela scenes, captured and then captured again, a scene with king and a random NPC women. Added some CG in existing scenes and made the automatic scene stoppable with a choice at 100 loyalty. Also added an event when captured women are near the end of pregnancy with the enemy showing off to MC but the women have no text. Added an equipment to change the girl to slave clothes. Added a way to start from middle of game and a new game+ with carrying over character stats. Of course added CG, replay and achievement menu. Also other balanced change.
And not surprisingly, author's site is down from traffic overload.

blahblah45

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And not surprisingly, author's site is down from traffic overload.

Also I think one new event might be something with Seria based off files but I have no idea where you get it at all.