What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Seconding most everybody else's feedback, pretty great content so far. Outfits, the map, new animations and scenes are fantastic, and can't wait for the rest of the content.

Only thing is that the new area felt like it was a bit on the short side. I suppose it could use a BIT more complexity in the next iteration, require more exploration to get through, or have battles happen a little more frequently. I think the old puzzle made me expect this part of the story to take ages, so currently it's comparatively easy to blaze through, but I'll leave the pacing to you guys.

EDIT;
Will the original alpha/demo level (The one with the gasmask dudes) find its way back into the complete game in roughly the same form?

Also this, I only ever saw a video of it, but I'd like to see this sometime in the next few updates too, mainly for the new enemies and H scenes (but also the story/map tilesets).

Last edited:

Looks more or less like v.0.4. No new enemys, just a pair of new scenes.

The new suit is nice, as you can use it to let Neon be "engorged", but the game progress is really slooooow.

A good Game "probably" when it's finished.

On the positive side, getting the mechanics and structure of the game done first means they can put out the "real" content more quickly and efficiently later. This is smart design in action.

On the positive side, getting the mechanics and structure of the game done first means they can put out the "real" content more quickly and efficiently later. This is smart design in action.

In addition to this, I'd imagine that getting a lot of the behind-the-scenes mechanics and systems optimized before Eromancer starts pushing more content out means that there'll be less of a chance of Eromancer having to do emergency restructuring of the game in order to account for some issue arising later on in development.

With that said, I'm liking what I'm seeing in MatM, and I'm definitely looking forward to the new art for the reapers and fleshpods.

The new background art is fantastic. It looks so much better and I hope the project ends up including several different and unique environments. I'd like to see some wooded or forest environments done in this theme. I know everyone is more bionic than human in this game and hardly anything is organic anymore, but it would be pretty neat to see it work.

Haven't played the new section to see how the fuse puzzle was changed at all, but I just had to say that the work that went into the new backgrounds was much appreciated.

OK im little disappointed after downloading a half gig file... played whole game to reach the new armor and i got it just before ending of this demo, but i said ok lets load the save before boss and go test it around and then i just found its under construction.... i though we are getting a new demo with reworked background AND new outfit... to be honest i was expecting more from the time you guys took... i just hope if u do update this new outfit artworks we get a patch instead of downloading the whole thing again.
still thanks for your update and i will support this masterpiece

Last edited:

OK im little disappointed after downloading a half gig file... played whole game to reach the new armor and i got it just before ending of this demo, but i said ok lets load the save before boss and go test it around and then i just found its under construction.... i though we are getting a new demo with reworked background AND new outfit... to be honest i was expecting more from the time you guys took... i just hope if u do update this new outfit artworks we get a patch instead of downloading the whole thing again.
still thanks for your update and i will support this masterpiece

It was in the disclaimer on the Patreon post that Vioreaper and Fleshpod artwork haven't all been added for Neon's new outfit yet. These will be added in the addendum release as pointed out on Patreon. There's still around 100 new portraits for Neon's new outfit, which is more artwork than in any previous release.

Check out these two posts for the full change log:

Will the original alpha/demo level (The one with the gasmask dudes) find its way back into the complete game in roughly the same form?

I think so, but if you missed out on the early versions I'm considering adding them to the Patreon page once we go monthly in October.

Last edited:

I was just wondering where it goes in the story chronologically

Just played the demo. First, a great pleasure.
Excellent combat system scripting and 3D art post-working.
I like cyberpunk style and cumshots in this game.

The only thing terribly annoying - random battles based on the number of steps - so fights every 30 (?!) steps...

This acts on the nerves and i could not finish the demo.
Perhaps is this lack only for the demo version and is there a more varied gameplay for patrons?

Just reading all posts, it's seems like a bad game. I must disagree, as I really like this game, and I know the ammount of work it must be, as any new enemy should have a lot of pictures (two girls x each outfit).

So, the job done for the new release is a lot, and I consider that, but, probably we expected something more, a new enemy, or some new areas (I still remember the Human Enemies).

Anyway, good job, waiting for the new release ASAP :D

A suggestion for the combat options, a battle speed slider. Don't ATB Final Fantasy games have that? I'd like to avoid setting any sort of wait, but I'd also like to slow down and savor the smut. I suppose I could just pause.

also, can you fix the fullscreen stretching on widescreen monitors?

It was in the disclaimer on the Patreon post that Vioreaper and Fleshpod artwork haven't all been added for Neon's new outfit yet. These will be added in the addendum release as pointed out on Patreon. There's still around 100 new portraits for Neon's new outfit, which is more artwork than in any previous release.

Making a new outfit must be a pain since you have to go back and hand draw every character artwork.

I glitched the game some how before the final boss on version 0.05 and can't get in despite doing all the steps. Does anyone have a save file I can have so I don't have to redo all my steps?

I glitched the game some how before the final boss on version 0.05 and can't get in despite doing all the steps. Does anyone have a save file I can have so I don't have to redo all my steps?

Enjoy :)
Save is exactly before the final fight!

Attachments

• MATM08.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 123

(...)also, can you fix the fullscreen stretching on widescreen monitors?
Default fulscreen toggle (Alt-Enter) is out of our reach, so if you have problems with it, I would suggest checking graphics card and monitor settings. Though I must say that I have different issues with default fullscreen, which I was never able to fix. You can also try F5 key, which will enable scripted fullscreen, but unfortunately it may not look good with some screen resolutions.

Can you elaborate on how you glitched it? Like, what you did, what was the result and stuff like that. And if you still have it, we could use broken save for debugging purposes, so we would appreciate if you could attach it or send (with description) to [email protected] . Thanks in advance.

You said you'd change your patreon model to monthly after .05 - any updates on that?

Expect it in the next couple weeks! There are a lot of preparations to be made for it :D.

Really hoping the change to monthly will see more time and effort being directed towards the game. It's been real slow going and I've been getting worried that this was going to go the way of games like Breeding Season and Duke Nukem 4ever. All the hype with none of the substance.

like I'm gonna actually quote all of this.

I give a D for the level of trolling since it's so TLDR nobody would take the time to read it and therefore get incensed over it. However, I give an A for effort! I almost got through a quarter of it. :D Somebody needs a hug.

Really hoping the change to monthly will see more time and effort being directed towards the game. It's been real slow going and I've been getting worried that this was going to go the way of games like Breeding Season and Duke Nukem 4ever. All the hype with none of the substance.

Ya know, I actually agree with you regarding the progress, and the concerns of a hyped-up yet unfinished game (Breeding Season also came to mind) are valid. However, the dev has been nothing but forthcoming and responsive/active on forums and while progress is indeed crawl speed, it's an incredibly complex and gorgeous game so far, so while I doubt this game is going to be released fully in the next year or even few years, it'll be completed at this point. Whether patreons and paying users want to wait that long is another story.

I thought it was an A for effort too, until I saw that it was just a copy-paste of some mother sex story that already exists.

I guess he doesn't like having posts deleted, where he found developers emails and asked people to spam them. Or maybe he still held a grudge against me from when he first made his account and spent over a month posting threads without searching for them first, making shitloads of duplicates with no information in them, and I had to delete them all and told him each time to use the search function that it took way too long for him to figure out. Anyway, he's banned now so, I guess he got what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back