(Maptool) Land of Beasts

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: (Maptool) Land of Beasts interest get

I'm having difficulty fetching images to use for bad guy tokens. Personally I'm fine with anything, but I'm gonna need some yay and nays from you guys who will need to like it too.

As one of the first possible enemies I found, I want you guys to wave the red flag if you don't appriciate this visualization of an enemy to be engaging in rape and/or consensual lovings.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, last night there was some toying around with the system I made, and I did make a few changes to the system prior that were addressing issues I personally had with the game.

To-hit and Dodge
The issue:
First, issues with the to-hit stats(Dex, Will) and the dodge stats(Finesse, Sense). As the game goes on in levels and people level up their character, a lot of stat points can go to a lot of places. Some characters in a previous game who reached fair levels were pouring points into their to-hit and dodge stats. What would end up happening is that player and enemy to-hit and dodge stats would range from 50 to 150 with a d50 being used to determine accuracy.

What this means is that when leveling up your character, you will reach a point where becoming more accurate via Dex or Will simply becomes an absolute waste of points. All you will ever need is 50 points of dodge above the average to-hit for enemies of that level and you will be nearly untouchable. Then, you will be free to spend a great deal of stats in other areas and thusly send a message to other players that no matter what class you pick, putting points into dodge stats ensures that you will almost never suffer damage nor rape.

I've been quite aware that the players are seemingly happy with things working this way, but it's an issue I have personally, because I dislike seeing characters who are supposed to be speedy and dodgy stop putting priority points into dodge. It doesn't make sense to me for a ninja to reach a point where they say, "I'm speedy enough, time to become tough and bulky as well."

My (Flawed) Attempt at a Solution

I wanted each and every single point you put into a stat to matter. Every point into Stamina, Strength, Depth, and so on all maintain their usefulness to the point where simply ceasing to put points into any of those stats does not mean that the points you put there are suddenly useless. In another game of mine (MGR) I use a to-hit system that has received a lot of controversy. Everyone knows of DG and DnD's to-hit system of rolling d20's with bonuses from stats the like as a tried and true method of determining to-hit. In MGR, you use one die, and the amount of sides it has is determined by your to-hit stat. There are various systems involved with that where successive failures grant bonuses based on a percentage of your stat until it's impossible to fail, but reusing that concept in this game made someone who will not be named react by calling it "Retarded".

tl;dr, the new to-hit system uses one die, plus a chunk of your dodge/to-hit stat, and then rolls a die with as many sides as the number of your stat.
Basically, To-hit/dodge = 20% of Stat + 1-80% of stat.

This isn't the most brilliant idea known to mankind, and it has it's flaws. Mostly, that 80% of your stat is extremely unreliable. It's that balance between reliability and not letting your stats go to waste that I'm having trouble finding. If no one likes this idea, then I do have other concepts, unless you have one of your own that could work.

Concept 1: Keep the d50 system, but increase the number of sides on the die depending on the level of the one attacking or dodging. This way every single point into a stat will matter, but by increasing the range of possibilities for rolls, this suffers from the previous problem of unreliability.

Concept 2: Keep the d50 system, and lock the ability to distribute stats at character creation. This method will maintain consistency by having the to-hit and dodge stats of your choosing rise by 5 each level, but runs the issue of being unable to do what a ninja or archer should do, and that is to put points into those stats, far more than 5.

Concept 3: Keep the d50, but change the way leveling up works by giving everyone Stat points that increases multiplicatively with your level. With these stat points, you may increase your Finesse for example, by spending 6 points to increase it to 30, 7 to 35, 8 to 40, and so on. The only issue here is that it would force people to build more balanced builds, as prices can get pretty steep when stats go particularly high. Stat prioritization is punished here.

Concept 4: New to-hit system based on the selection of 'cards'. Dice for to-hit and dodge are removed, instead you are given ten 'cards' for to-hit and ten for dodge. The cards will display values of 10%, 20%, 30%, up to 100%. Depending on what card you pick, your to-hit or dodge will reflect the percentage of what you chose, and the resulting value will determine success. This will allow for more direct manipulation of to-hit, and possibly even open up skill options to restore used cards.

That's all I can think of to try and fix the issue. If you want to play, please give feedback.

Enemy Attacks and the grapple system
The Issue
Enemies in LoB are only concerned with raping you, the characters. As a result, their only interest is in grappling you, and then raping you. While the heroes will have access to powerful skills and magic to instantly roast an enemy within a single turn, when I apply commonly used grapple rules, the enemy must first strip you down, then grapple, then penetrate you, then hump you a bit dealing minimal damage each turn. In other words, they have to spend two turns (or more depending on armor) simply making you 'available' for damage. I wanted enemies to actually be a threat, so here's what I did and the problem that arose from it.

My (Flawed) Attempt at a Solution

Once monsters went through all the trouble of attacking you until your armor/clothes fell off, the way I designed it, all they had to do was hit you one more time, and they would grab you. Grabbing in itself does no damage, so a major issue here was, "What's to stop people from just building Hulks to throw the monsters off whether they're naked or not?" Of course the issue was strength. This makes it extremely difficult for the monsters to actually get anywhere, and so they pose little threat to the heroines.

What I did was make so if you suffered a grapple, the monster in question would begin raping you by your next turn, which is pushed to the bottom of the turn list so a comrade may save you. Yes, no grapple roll before the enemy rapes you.

*Is pelted with tomatoes as the crowd boos*

This decision was made to give monsters a fighting chance. If no one likes this, then I suppose I can simply change it to the monsters beat the shit out of you first and 'then' rape you. Which will make the game harder. It's up to you guys.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Of note: I actually quite liked the to-hit/dodge mechanic that you came up with for MGR, even if I think it should have been slightly averaged by stats rather than just dice specific (I know you have a method of dealing with that, but I didn't feel like getting into it right now.) The fact that you're doing exactly that in this game strikes me as a good thing from a mechanical perspective. It puts more chance into the game but doesn't leave it entirely up to chance, just mostly.

@Your other concepts: Don't do 2, forced stats via classing is ass. Concept 1 is just your method for MGR plus some numbers, and I think your more refined method is a lot better. Concept 3 punishes people who specialize as you pointed out, and I've always thought that trying to make as many options available as possible is always the best plan. Concept 4 is strange but interesting, though it would mean more book-keeping on your part and you'd have to decide when the cards get refreshed besides dem certain skills.

If you want to make people complain less, have it add 50% of the base stat and then add the other 50% to the die. Also, even though I'm not currently registered for this, I don't approve of that grapple rule at all, and think you should just go with enemies attacking people before raping them.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I guess you can count me in as well. I'm mostly available almost everyday save for 2: Thursday and Saturday. Those are my work days since they started cutting hours and other then that, I will be available, give or take a few hours as I research schools and junk. Will have character up when able.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You guys can post your character sheets here when you wanna play, and get with me about figuring out when you can play.

Also, about grappling. Without a designated healer, enemies will fuck you guys up real fast, especially since most of you are picking squishies. It's a land full of beasts and they hurt. In light of that, I propose another fantastically retarded idea. Both Silth's game and included certain levels of grappling. So in light of shamelessly copying off of those ideas, how about this,

Grappling will include an Advantage system. Advantages range from 2/1/-1/-2 for your character's end of the grapple. Whoever initiated the grapple gets an Advantage in their favor over the character. So, the victim in this case will have a -1 grapple advantage. Winning a grapple check will earn you a point of advantage in your favor, and losing a check will do the opposite. Nothing happens in advantages 1 or -1, it's just a measure of who's on top of who. But, when advantages switches to 2 or -2, the controlling party gets to take an action. The one in control may attack the victim, or break out of the grapple. An enemy in control will always penetrate the character, because they will have to be nude before getting grappled. Losing a grapple check again will put you in the equivalent of a submission hold. You are made helpless and cannot escape, but when the enemy climaxes, grapple advantage for the victim will return to -1.

The enemy will have to hit you, and win two grapple checks before you can be pinned. This forces them to take three turns before making you helpless. thus allowing friends to help you. As well, the beginning of the grapple doesn't involve you being penetrated.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's a pretty good way of doing it.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Name:Alicia Fairhaven
Race:Human
Class:Knight
Element:Metal

Strength: 40
Dexterity:35
Stamina: 40

Speed: 30
Finesse: 25
Senses: 15

Will Power: 10
Intelligence: 15
Depth: 15
Biography & Picture: An idealistic young knight, Alicia set out with the goal to establish an order of knights within the Land of Beasts in the hopes of protecting the eventual settlers of the region. The only issue with that is that she is a fairly no-name Free Knight from a family whose lost a great deal of power and respect over the years. Alicia hopes to restore her family name by building this knightly order, establishing her reputation as a great slayer of beasts and by bringing in vast riches from this vast realm.

Skill to add:
Defender
Cost:25 AP
Description:For 25 AP, if an ally fails a dodge check, the check is passed onto Alicia, who may either fail or dodge it.
RJ:
Thus making ally immune while making the attack less likely to hit anything overall

Image: Alicia

Also, I do have work today, but I will be back 8 PM EST

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Added four new corruptionz.

Technically two for those who already know of the first two I added last night.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For all of you interested in playing, I've added a shitty little schedule to the main post containing the active game and everyone wanting to play, who've revealed their available times and days. Hook up with someone, talk with me, and things can start to proceed in the direction of rape.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just a little tweak to my times: I can play Thursdays and Saturdays. My work schedule only runs till about 8 PM EST which would roughly translate to about midnight GMT, meaning I'd have an hour to spare prior to any games I happen to be in. So basically, I'm available those days.

Armacalic

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Mornin' gents. Some guy told me there was a good RP here. Here's one wondering if I can be let inside too. (Guy in question being Aust.)

Availability: Everyday from 1 a.m. GMT onward, except for saturday and honorable unexpected stuff.

Name: Eridia Fileona Clarius
Race: Human
Class: Battlemage
Element: Ice
Level: 5

Strength: 30
Dexterity: 45
Stamina: 20

Speed: 15
Finesse: 50
Senses: 40

Will Power: 35
Intelligence: 35
Depth: 40

Skills:
Freeze. (Improved.)
Sickle.
Ice Wall.

Biography: A fighter by trade. Eridia part of one of many association of mercenaries that offer their services around Yaruma, her’s specializes in magic, and goes so far as to running its own magic school specializing in mages and magic fighters of the different elements, training them so that they can be conscripted into the association proper. However, Eridia was one of a number of special cases. At the age of 15 she was conscripted, foregoing her graduation, and the rest of her training, along with other students like her to be immediately annexed to the association in light of an important loss of manpower. The 3 years she has been in service has allowed her to show she didn’t need the last few years of training.

Corruption demerits:
Submissive
Beast Lover

Picture:
Picture pending until I can get 15 posts somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Since you and Aust seem to know each other, maybe you guys can play together on thursdays and saturdays.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I pretty much said I'm available all the time, save for when I'm at work. Plus, what about my games with Tiff and Silth?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, but none of the others who were interested are joining in, and it's a personal request by one of the players to not have the game become too crowded. So, I figure I can fit you and your buddy on together.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But would that mean I'd be in both Silth/Tiff's game and the game with Armacalic?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Everyone in pairs of two would be best.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dude, seriously? I have no issue being in two games. Nor am I a fan of dropping out midway through another one.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: (Maptool) Land of Beasts

For Guan and Oni, the maptools game is available for you guys this Saturday, sometime after 6PM GMT. Available for Dave, Tiff, Silth, and Dave's friend that day too.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: (Maptool) Land of Beasts

So we're back in business ! Huzza